Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please insert the disk: part 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please insert the disk: part 2 Empty Please insert the disk: part 2

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 03:39

Hi..

Today I bought an HP laptop for my younger sister I tip my fedora.  & the thing has *very* little space I'm so disappointed. Anyway, when the files were done downloading on utorrent I had to extract Sims 4 and Get To Work to a USB Drive (D:) and extract The Sim Fix to drive C. I am now trying to install The Sims 4, but it's telling me "Insert disk the disk: part2" :$:   I have no clue what to do as I've done this process at least 10 times and I've never encountered this problem.. Is it because her laptop does not have a CD-ROM maybe? Ermahgerd

Can anyone help? Why.

Back to top Go down

Please insert the disk: part 2 Empty Re: Please insert the disk: part 2

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 11 Dec 2015, 03:47

MsAubree wrote:Hi..

Today I bought an HP laptop for my younger sister I tip my fedora.  & the thing has *very* little space I'm so disappointed. Anyway, when the files were done downloading on utorrent I had to extract Sims 4 and Get To Work to a USB Drive (D:) and extract The Sim Fix to drive C. I am now trying to install The Sims 4, but it's telling me "Insert disk the disk: part2" :$:   I have no clue what to do as I've done this process at least 10 times and I've never encountered this problem.. Is it because her laptop does not have a CD-ROM maybe? Ermahgerd

Can anyone help? Why.

Hello MsAubree,

Did you use WinRAR for extracting ?

Other than that, it is unfortunately one of the disadvantages of our custom installer program for Sims 4. Even if the computer has "very little space", try freeing up some space if doable, so that you can re-extract the .RAR contents of the base game, into the C: drive. From there, re-start the setup.

I believe the base game needs about 8.7GB of space. Get to Work an additional 3.-something GB. And after that, I would wait. We are working on the new fix with "Get together" (or you can also download directly from RELOADED; if you're impatient).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 04:00

You fast little birdie..
I did use WinRAR for extracting. She has 10GB on C drive & after installing it should leave almost 2GB which isn't a good way to live but it's all she really needs  rabbit
I'm just confused as to what disk it's referring to...

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read what you wrote and also read another person who had this problem as well & the solution. So I basically have to extract Sims 4 on C drive and not my D drive? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 11 Dec 2015, 04:11

MsAubree wrote:You fast little birdie..
I did use WinRAR for extracting. She has 10GB on C drive & after installing it should leave almost 2GB which isn't a good way to live but it's all she really needs  rabbit
I'm just confused as to what disk it's referring to...

I just happened to be online right now, since (parallel to this), I'm "working" on the new fix. But I'll also need to speak to the Admin about a few details regarding the fix.

Back to topic, 10GB is not good. Even if you manage to extract the setup files there (which by themselves already take up 8.7GB !!!), you won't be able to install the game. 

For these cases, it would be better to provide a "new" basegame version. What I would have in mind is basically to provide the folder with the game files only (there is actually no need for a special installer). People could then just extract that folder to wherever they please, and simply start playing the game. And of course, just add a few registry entries too (that can be done in 2 clicks).

But until then I'm afraid I can't help further here. Maybe the Admin will post his thoughts here too, stay tuned for more.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Do you have your own computer, and if so, you could let your sister play on your computer (if you "trust" her enough, and you don't have any sensitive information). For that, navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and rename the folder "The Sims 4", into anything. When your sister then starts the game, she will have savefiles of her own (without touching yours).

When you want to play then, rename your sister's "The Sims 4"-folder once again, and your one back to normal. You should get the idea.

That's how I used to do it, when my sister's laptop "broke", and I let her play on my desktop machine. But that's up to you of course.  alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 05:08

Well good luck to you guys on that!
But, I was afraid you'd say that. I'll try a few things before I give up entirely tonight. But if I'm still unsuccessful I guess I could let her play on my laptop that way.. I never knew you could create another save game like that. Anyway thanks for your help as always.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top