Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix. Empty MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 20 Dec 2015, 18:44

Hello all,

The following fix is for the error named "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)", in the game MySims.

There is no need to uninstall any mounting programs, or hide/disable any virtual disc drives here either !

------------------------------------

1. In Windows Vista & Windows 7, open the "Start"-menu, by clicking in the bottom left corner of your Windows desktop, or press the Windows key, usually located in the lower left-hand side of your keyboard.

In the search box at the bottom, type regedit and wait a little.

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix. Ms110

When "regedit" shows up, please right-click on it and select "run as Administrator".

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix. Ms210

Windows 8 & Windows 10 users can press the Windows key + Q. Then type regedit and wait a little.
When regedit shows up, right-click on it and select "run as Administrator".

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\MountedDevices. Right-click on MountedDevices and select "Permissions".

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix. Ms310

3. Click on "Advanced".

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix. Ms410

4. Now navigate to the "Owners"-tab, MARK the "Administrators"-thing there, and finally click on "OK".

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix. Ms510

5. When you get back to the previous window "Permissions for mounted devices" (see above under 3.), click on OK again !

6. Now download and install the "Windows Resource Kit Tools". For your convenience, I uploaded it here: https://goo.gl/t4Mhja

I would also recommend that when you are prompted to enter an install location, that you select C:\Windows.

7. Now download the little file here: https://goo.gl/YwiLBl

After the download, you should copy & paste that file to where you installed the previous program. In my example, that would be again C:\Windows. Once you put the file there, double-click on it and in the next window, click on "Yes".

8. Re-boot the computer.

9. Now try starting "My Sims" again. Good luck !

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC HERE. INSTEAD, OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN OUR TS1/TS2/TS Medieval - SECTION ! ALL COMMENTS ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE WARNING !

Last edited by Carlos on Mon 21 Dec 2015, 20:19; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix. Empty Re: MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix.

Post by Admin Mon 21 Dec 2015, 18:26

Thanks for the extensive guide, Carlos!
I'll keep you updated on the progress.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix. Empty Re: MySims: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (7000)" - fix.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Dec 2015, 20:18

Admin wrote:Thanks for the extensive guide, Carlos!
I'll keep you updated on the progress.

//MOVED

Topic has been moved to the correct section, and you are welcome ! @everybody, note that this problem that I described in my opening post may not necessarily happen to all users... Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top