Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims dont do anything.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims dont do anything. Empty Sims dont do anything.

Post by Guest Thu 24 Dec 2015, 04:32

After installing the latest expansion pack, my sims dont do anything. I click for them to do something such as make food, and they just stand there. ive applied the ultimate fix, and the GTG Fix. neither helped. i dont know what to do, ive also tried resetting the sims, sometimes it works for a little while then suddenly they just stop doing everything again.

Back to top Go down

Sims dont do anything. Empty Re: Sims dont do anything.

Post by Sim Architect Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:05

Hi! Please try renaming your "The Sims 4" folder inside your documents and running the  game again with new saves and no CC/Mods.

Let's know if that fixes your problem.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 16:13

The solution worked for me and my game is working just fine now, thank you.
Is there a way I could know which mods could be incompatible with each other or cause my game to not function properly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 16:33

Enable a small amount of mods (for example, three or five). As soon as you get problems, it's easy to find out which mod it is.
After you get any problems with certain mods, you can remove them again, and try them individually. If you found the mod that causes the problems, you know which one you shouldn't use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 16:35

thank you,  I am going to try that though it will be a challenge considering I have 400+ mods  Pikachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Dec 2015, 16:57

cherrystal wrote:thank you,  I am going to try that though it will be a challenge considering I have 400+ mods  Pikachu

Well, good luck with that!
You can also make larger groups, there is no exact number you should use. If you wan't to use 10/20 mods, no problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 27 Dec 2015, 00:24

Yep! You can even do a "binary filter" (not sure the name is that), meaning you try half of your mods, if that half is good, you pick half of the other half and so on, until you find the bad one(s). Of course you may have to test more than a few halves since you may have more than one defective mod, but I hope you get the concept Wink

Keep us posted and be welcome to let us know the culprit, so more people trying the same mod will know it's not good with the current game version.

Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jan 2016, 01:16

Okay, so after my Christmas break of lazing about and doing practically nothing (quite literally sleeping all day every day), I have managed to fix my game.
I have gone through all my CC and I came across a mod I have downloaded (http://modthesims.info/d/539874) by scumbumbo "More Traumatic Divorce for Children" which made the emotions towards divorce of parents stronger and that mod was causing severe conflict. 
I can suggest trying to remove script mods (particularly those affecting emotions) as the recent update might've altered those.
Good luck!  Tea 4

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Jan 2016, 21:05

cherrystal wrote:Okay, so after my Christmas break of lazing about and doing practically nothing (quite literally sleeping all day every day), I have managed to fix my game.
I have gone through all my CC and I came across a mod I have downloaded (http://modthesims.info/d/539874) by scumbumbo "More Traumatic Divorce for Children" which made the emotions towards divorce of parents stronger and that mod was causing severe conflict. 
I can suggest trying to remove script mods (particularly those affecting emotions) as the recent update might've altered those.
Good luck!  Tea 4

Thanks for sharing this fix, @cherrystalalien

(and that's why I myself am VERY reluctant to using script mods of any kind, in my own game).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top