Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot install Base Game - Error Message. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot install Base Game - Error Message. [SOLVED] Empty Cannot install Base Game - Error Message. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 01:16

Hello,

I successfully downloaded the .rar file on Pirate Bay using uTorrent, and then I extracted the files using 7zip. I also disabled Windows Firewall. I use the free version of Malwarebytes and I tried to find an option to disable it but I couldn't find one, so I assume it's not getting in the way. I use Windows 10. I use Classic Shell because I hate the interface.

Disclosure: This is my FIRST attempt at torrenting, so I'm sorry if this is super basic but the help would be so appreciated!!

The problem: While in 7zip I am looking at the contents of the base game folder (because that's the only way I can look at the contents of the .rar file, not sure if that's normal or not), The Sims 3, and as the installation guide instructs, I click on the file 'Sim3Setup.exe' to get the installation started. A window very briefly flashes (so I don't know what it is exactly), then I am prompted to allow Electronic Arts to make changes on my computer, then a small window pops up with the following text and a red and white X next to it:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15. 0 . 0. 498  **no spaces between the dots and the numbers but this site turns them into smiley faces lol**
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (9200)
IE Version: 9.11.9600.17801

Any help at all is so appreciated!! Thank you! 

Cannot install Base Game - Error Message. [SOLVED] KvCX0z2

*I've got a screenshot of the error message attached to this post.

Last edited by callmeunicorn on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 06:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Cannot install Base Game - Error Message. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot install Base Game - Error Message. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Feb 2016, 04:52

Hello and welcome to the forum @callmeunicorn,

You must use WinRAR for extracting the downloads of Games4theworld. Smile  And not 7-zip. If you don't have the program yet, you can get WinRAR from this link here (follow the included instructions):

http://bit.ly/1JFxr51

Make sure to create an empty folder, and then open the G4TW download with WinRAR. Drag and drop all contents from the .RAR into the empty folder that you created before and when done, re-start the installation from there.

Good luck for now !

//EDIT

I apologize, I just noticed that I posted a wrong link. The previous link contains a .RAR file, which you cannot use since you don't have WinRAR installed yet. Facepalm

This is a fixed link:
https://goo.gl/rTBL3e

You don't need to extract the download here at all. Just go inside the folder and run the setup.exe according to the included instructions. Good luck again ! alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Cannot install Base Game - Error Message. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cannot install Base Game - Error Message. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 06:55

Thank you!!!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun ! Very Happy

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top