Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansions not showing up in game, "Unable to start error"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansions not showing up in game, "Unable to start error" Empty Expansions not showing up in game, "Unable to start error"

Post by Guest Wed 27 Apr 2016, 03:12

I recently installed the two expansion packs, Get to Work and Get Together via this website. I copy and replaced the files for both games for the installation folder in my Origin folder. Unfortunately, the base game will load, but the EP's don't seem to show up (as I don't have the new neighborhoods).

If I try to start the game via the installation folder, I get an "Unable to start" error with both the x32 and x64 versions, saying there is a newer version of the game or something and I need to update via Origin.

Did I do something incorrectly? How do I properly "install" the EP's from this website, as I can't find the "setup" or "install" applications in the downloads.

Update: I have installed the Hotfix, went through all of the virus and unblocking on Firewall. Now I'm only getting the "Origin must be running..." error.

Back to top Go down

Expansions not showing up in game, "Unable to start error" Empty Re: Expansions not showing up in game, "Unable to start error"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Apr 2016, 19:16

brittany16691 wrote:I recently installed the two expansion packs, Get to Work and Get Together via this website. I copy and replaced the files for both games for the installation folder in my Origin folder. Unfortunately, the base game will load, but the EP's don't seem to show up (as I don't have the new neighborhoods).

If I try to start the game via the installation folder, I get an "Unable to start" error with both the x32 and x64 versions, saying there is a newer version of the game or something and I need to update via Origin.

Did I do something incorrectly? How do I properly "install" the EP's from this website, as I can't find the "setup" or "install" applications in the downloads.

Update: I have installed the Hotfix, went through all of the virus and unblocking on Firewall. Now I'm only getting the "Origin must be running..." error.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you kept the install order Get to Work -> Get together -> Hotfix, then you should be fine. The DLC come in a copy + paste format, so there is no automated installation in the classic sense. As for your current (new) error, try navigating under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt file.

Then try moving the install folder "The Sims 4" (that's different from the folder under Documents), directly under C:\Program files. Then navigate under the Game\Bin subfolders and try running both TS4.exe and then also the TS4_x64.exe to see if one of them works. Note that this latter 'trick' will only work on Windows systems with a 64-bit architecture.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top