Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show me a trick please. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Show me a trick please. [SOLVED] Empty Show me a trick please. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2016, 16:39

Hi there,

You know there are certain types of objects in sims 3, which can not be placed on certain types of lots. Now I downloaded some custom content and I think the designer based on the game objects which can not be placed on community lots. Here I need someone, with vast knowledge on tricks to fool the game. I have a basketball, baseball and a tennis ball which can not be placed on a gym lol.

Moveobjects do not work. I even tried the enablelotlocking, which actually did not make any sense as the lot was not locked. But perhaps, someone has a trick for this.

And balls that can not be placed on gyms sounds just, stupid to me Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Show me a trick please. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Show me a trick please. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 28 Apr 2016, 19:37

Quetze wrote:And balls that can not be placed on gyms sounds just, stupid to me Very Happy

Hello,

Maybe that was something that the creator of those CC items overlooked. I'm not sure though, try placing the items while the lot is a residential lot, then try changing the lot type to a gym. If it doesn't work, it might be possible to edit entries in the CC files, with s3pe (if it's a .package file), but at that point I would need to look inside those files myself.

If nothing works, then it might not be worth the hassle of meddling with those items.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Apr 2016, 14:36

Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried to convert the lot type to gym after placing the balls, however, game just deleted the "hostile" content after the conversion.

I found a way to put these items in a gym. But, it is quite as hard as recoding the game lol. As I learned, opening the world in CAW, then adding the items in Edit in Game then converting the lot type in CAW again would work. But problem is, I can not use edit in game with custom content...

I just want decorative balls for my gym, they do not need to be functional. If you guys see any, please tell me. Smile

EDIT:

By the way, I want to force my way a little. Is it too complex to tell me here, where to look and what parameter to change in s3pe in order to have these items placed in community lots?

EDIT:

Hello again, I have been googling and pulling my hair off in s3pe for last 24 hours. Is there any web page that explains the flags and/or parameters for package files? I can not find any. I even tried to install TSR workshop but it asked for game installation paths and I did not force it because I thought it could have a bad result as the game is pirated. Ok, I feel a little bit obsessed about this one but a basketball field requires basketballs! It is quite annoying because I have everything, racks, shelves, benches, changing rooms, showers, curtains but I just can not place the ball on the shelves... Something makes me feel like, it just has to be a simple parameter or flag to change because these balls are based on the football in sims 3 and that particular genuine ball can be placed in community lots. Next thing I will try might be to learn designing objects and start my basketball design from the scratch. Ok, tbh, I won't go that far.

Please, if anyone knows a site which explains the flags and parameters of a package file, give me a link so I can spend a few sleepless nights to figure it out :p

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 May 2016, 20:06

Sorry for the very late reply, but I currently don't even have s3pe installed. :p  I used to be familiar with a few basics a couple of years back, when working on the last G4TW-version of the "store fixes", but I'm in no ways an expert for the technical details of .package files. Maybe if I looked into it myself, I could see something, but yes, I have to admit that at this point I can't really be bothered, I'm sorry.

Your best bet would be to contact sites that are more specialized in this whole modding-business. Like "Mod the Sims" for example. Some small tips straight away: use a different username on MTS than your "Quetze" here. Also, do NOT mention that your Sims 3 game is pirated ! Other than that, I can only wish you good luck for your journey. Smile  I myself would probably not bother with this cosmetic item.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 21:35

Hello,

Thanks for trying to figure things out. I actually solved this problem. s3pe however, does not have an option to change the lot settings of an object (I looked into every file and every line). However, there is a software called s3oc, which easily changes such properties of a package file within a few clicks. Actually, the lot settings and menu settings are just checkboxes in s3oc. If only I knew that it was this easy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 May 2016, 22:56

Quetze wrote:Hello,

Thanks for trying to figure things out. I actually solved this problem. s3pe however, does not have an option to change the lot settings of an object (I looked into every file and every line). However, there is a software called s3oc, which easily changes such properties of a package file within a few clicks. Actually, the lot settings and menu settings are just checkboxes in s3oc. If only I knew that it was this easy Smile

Thanks a lot for letting us know about this tool ! I have to admit, I haven't heard about the tool yet. Facepalm  Since your problem seems solved, I will close it now. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top