Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED] Empty Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 20:50

EDIT: Apologies for this being in the wrong section... I only noticed after I'd made the post  :$

Okay, so this has mainly been a recent issue. As in, within the past 2 days or so. I have already attempted reapplying the fix (according to all of the instructions) and removing mods, but the problem still persists  Why God. 

When I attempt to select spa day items whilst in CAS, this happens:
Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED] Weird_11
And when I open up a spa to edit in build mode, this happens:
Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED] Weird_10
I have not had any errors with any other items, only the ones in the Spa Day expansion. I've been having issues with Origin recently, and I solved this by reapplying the fix and making sure all of the game files were white-listed (as I forgot before, so Windows Defender was attempting to delete several  Facepalm ) However once I'd done that, this started happening  Why God.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Apr 2016, 21:22

//MOVED

Hello,

Try applying the "Get together hotfix" first of all:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21865-llama-symbols-in-newcrest-and-related-glitches-a-k-a-get-together-hotfix-please-read

Then look in your game options for something called "laptop mode". If the box is marked, please untick it.

Finally for now, press the Windows key + R. In the little window that comes up type dxdiag and hit enter. Now in the next window that comes up, navigate to the tab named Display. If possible, please upload a screenshot of that entire "Display"-tab here. Good luck for now ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 21:39

Hello, and thanks so much for the prompt response! Very Happy 
Just applied the hotfix and made sure laptop mode was turned off, however unfortunately I'm still having the same issue Sad 
Here's my 'Display' tab:
Missing Spa Day item textures? [SOLVED] Displa10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 May 2016, 06:27

Hello again, thanks for the screenshot. I'm not sure if updating the drivers is really necessary at this point, but let's keep the option in mind still.

Did you extract the downloads of G4TW, with the program WinRAR ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 15:09

Hello,

I used 7zip to extract the files. Would this potentially cause issues?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 May 2016, 19:25

milkytea wrote:Hello,

I used 7zip to extract the files. Would this potentially cause issues?

Yes, that can be a cause. If you used 7-zip for all your .RAR files, you might want to re-install the entire game, however...if you feel it's just the items from the Spa Day DLC that are corrupted by that, you can also take the .RAR file from Games4theworld's "Get together", and then re-extract that with WinRAR, into a fresh folder. Then you re-copy and re-paste the stuff over your Sims 4 install directory.

See if that helps with your problem, but if not you will indeed have to consider starting over with a complete removal of the game - and using WinRAR when re-installing/re-applying the items. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 23:02

I re-extracted the GT files with WinRAR and deleted my cache, and that seems to have fixed the issue! Thanks so much for the help!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 May 2016, 22:46

milkytea wrote:I re-extracted the GT files with WinRAR and deleted my cache, and that seems to have fixed the issue! Thanks so much for the help!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Thanks for the feedback, and you're welcome. Smile  Feel free to get back to us again anytime if you want to chat or have more questions. Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top