Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution. Empty The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution.

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2016, 02:59

I recently downloaded the Ultimate Collection of sims 2 through you guys and I want to start installing mods. I'm not sure how to go about it with this version and where I should make the "Downloads" folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution. Empty Re: The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 May 2016, 11:59

dafadafa wrote:I recently downloaded the Ultimate Collection of sims 2 through you guys and I want to start installing mods. I'm not sure how to go about it with this version and where I should make the "Downloads" folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Smile

Hello,

I'm currently not on my main computer(s), but if I recall correctly, you need to navigate to Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 and create a folder named Downloads there. The folder will also be created once you start up the "Bodyshop" for the first time.

In this Downloads-folder, you can create further subfolders if you want to keep your CC organized a bit.

Good luck for now though !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution. Empty Screen Resolution

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 21:46

I've been trying to get my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection but it will not work no matter what I do. I'm not sure which graphics rules I'm supposed to use since there seem to be multiple but I tried the one in the pets ep folder since that's what this tutorial directs you to do: http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

The only option it gives me is 800 x 600 even after following that whole tutorial through and through. This is what my settings look like currently:

The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution. Screen10

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution. Empty Re: The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 02 May 2016, 22:05

dafadafa wrote:I've been trying to get my screen resolution to 1920 x 1080 in Sims 2 Ultimate Collection but it will not work no matter what I do. I'm not sure which graphics rules I'm supposed to use since there seem to be multiple but I tried the one in the pets ep folder since that's what this tutorial directs you to do: http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

The only option it gives me is 800 x 600 even after following that whole tutorial through and through. This is what my settings look like currently:

The Sims 2 mods & screen resolution. Screen10

//MERGED

Hello again,

I merged your new post to your other thread. Smile  Let's keep all discussions about the same game in only one topic, for the time being. If you downloaded the game from Games4theworld (which I understand from your opening post), then you have to look inside the folder for "Mansion and Garden stuff". User @Jadeskyee once wrote a nice tutorial here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21997-the-sims-2-failed-to-find-compatible-directx-fix

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top