Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OS X El Capitan, Complete Install, Service Initialization Failed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OS X El Capitan, Complete Install, Service Initialization Failed. [SOLVED] Empty OS X El Capitan, Complete Install, Service Initialization Failed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 21:17

I'm attempting to install the version of Sims 3 provided here on an iMac running OS X El Capitan 10.11.5. I install every Stuff Pack and Expansion Pack, the update, and the Ultimate Fix Crack, and each time I get these error messages when I try to start up the game:

Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)
then 
Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x0058dbf6. Do you wish to debug it?

Eventually there also comes a crash report that cites this process (cider [8584]), this path (/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Into the Future.app/Contents/MacOS/cider) and this file (com.transgaming.thesims3ep11) as the source of the crash.

I have followed each and every instruction provided on The Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide by Dieneryn and Games4theworld Downloads as much as I can. It seems Disk Utility has change a bit so the process isn't exactly the same and I end up with dmg.cdr for each expansion pack, but aside from that, the installation process is identical. 

Each file I have downloaded was provided by Games4theworld, unpacked with Stuffit, and used according to the guide. I also attempted to follow this guide (/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) by manually applying the update. 

I read some people experience similar issues with Into the Future, so I attempted to uninstall that, but the error persisted. I figured it might persist even further back, so I uninstalled Movie Stuff and Island Paradise as well, but the issue remained. 

I also tried using the crack provided in the archive for Into the Future, thinking that perhaps the Ultimate Fix didn't include Into the Future, but there was no change. I've also tried using the official copies of the base game and some expansions that I purchased with the torrents, as well as just the official base game with the torrents, but the same issue is present. 

I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance anyone has to offer. While I wait for a response, I will attempt to make images closer to the instructions provided in the first-mentioned guide and see if that changes anything, if it is even possible.

Thank You,
Otis

Back to top Go down

OS X El Capitan, Complete Install, Service Initialization Failed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: OS X El Capitan, Complete Install, Service Initialization Failed. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 31 May 2016, 21:57

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately, we don't know a whole lot about Mac, but on PC that service initialization error comes from a faulty crack or incompatible mod. 
You could try to redownload the fix here, making sure you get the right one of course. 

It is also important that you stick to game version 1.67.xx, do not update to 1.69.xx, the crack doesn't work with that gameversion.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

OS X El Capitan, Complete Install, Service Initialization Failed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: OS X El Capitan, Complete Install, Service Initialization Failed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2016, 23:03

I re-downloaded the Fix and tried it several ways. I unpacked it with UnRAR and then Stuffit. I tried using the PC crack instead, with both UnRAR and Stuffit. Unfortunately there was no change. 

I double checked my game version, and it is still 1.67, and I currently have no mods as I thought it best to get the game working before I start downloading anything. 

I double checked the guides too and still no change.

Just to check:
1. Install Base Game
2. Manually update Base Game to v1.67
3. Install Expansions
4. Apply Fix to Base Game folder and all Expansion folders
5. Manuall update Full Game to v1.67
6. Apply Crack to Base Game folder
7. Play

-Otis

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 31 May 2016, 23:08

Hmm... that should be right.
Please check back later to see if my teammate has anything more useful to add.

The PC crack was never going to work though Razz
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 06:39

Update:
I just attempted a test run again with my purchased Base Game and the downloaded Into the Future expansion by this process:

1. Install Base Game
2. Update Base Game to v1.67 through launcher (I felt like there was no reason to do it manually since the Base was legit)
3. Install Expansion(s)
4. Apply Base Game fix to Base Game 
(The Sims 3.app –> 
Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/)
5. Apply Pre-Generations fixes to their respective Expansions
(The Sim 3 [Expansion].app –> Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 [Expansion]/Game/Bin/)
6. Apply Post-and-including-Generations fix to Expansion 
(The Sim 3 [Expansion].app –> Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/)
7. Check game version and skipped second update as the Launcher said the game was still v1.67
9. Apply #Crack to Base Game 
(The Sims 3.app –> 
Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/)
10. Launch Game Successfully

I'm going to start from scratch tomorrow with my purchased Base Game and all the expansions in chronological order according to release date and repeat these steps to the letter. Hopefully this will work, and if not, hopefully y'all can come up with a way to help.

-Otis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 21:32

Update:

Everything seems to be working smoothly now! All the expansions are installed, the game it on the correct version, and the only issue I experience is the Launcher crashes after the game opens up. But that doesn't hinder the Game loading at all, so it's not really an issue I think.

I think where I went wrong must have been the application of the Fix because that was the only think I changed other than remaking all the images. Now I just need to make sure custom content doesn't **** anything up.

Thank you for your help!

-Otis

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 01 Jun 2016, 21:53

Good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions again.

Happy simming! The Sims Plumbob 1
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top