Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Online Games? Empty Online Games?

Post by Layloria Sat 04 Jun 2016, 03:27

Hey,

Wondering what type of features people would like to see in online gaming, such as sites like neopets club penguin LoL habbo marapets etc
For a wonderful essay I'm writing... Wat.

Thank you!!
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Online Games? Empty Re: Online Games?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 04 Jun 2016, 11:23

Hi there,

I'm not very familiar with those games, but my daughter plays that type of games (Movie Star Planet, for one). 
She really likes the social features like: chatting, adding people to a "friends" list.
Another thing is minigames, unlocking items, etc.
She isn't thrilled about the VIP feature, because it appears to be common for people to try to trick other players into giving their login information under the ruse of "If you give me your username and password, I will make you a VIP"
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Sat 04 Jun 2016, 15:53

Thank you!! Smile
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2016, 15:56

Well, I'd love to see a features that makes it possible to actually get rid of a darn weapon in Grand Theft Auto: Online. Even if you drop it, it'll magically appear again.
Other than that, it's perfect.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Jun 2016, 19:11

Layloria wrote:Hey,

Wondering what type of features people would like to see in online gaming, such as sites like neopets club penguin LoL habbo marapets etc
For a wonderful essay I'm writing... Wat.

Thank you!!

How about these:

+) Good lobby-creation systems, where I can join/create lobbies according to the preferences that I set (game type, ping, country, invite-only sessions, etc.). Sometimes this is left out in order to "not appear to alienating to novice players". Beautiful examples for that are PvZ: Garden Warfare 1 & 2.

+) Better anti-cheating measures, although I believe pat of the reason cheaters are tolerated from game publishers is in order to not disgruntle them (and to get them buy potential future games). Another reason is probably the swiftness with which new hacks or scripts are sometimes created. But then, if you offer an "online game", shouldn't you have a subdivision in your company dealing with these things too ?

+) Easier/less awkward ways to mute the audio "contributions" of other players. If I join a game and the first thing I hear are inane adults or kids, then I want the mute options to be swift or easily accessible. And if I have to wade through more than 2 sub-menus just for that, then it is less appealing.

+) Softer (game-related) learning curves for novice players. If you take GTA Online for example, then ranking up (when not playing with friends) is very hard, at least in my eyes. But you need to rank up to get money, buy better stuff, etc. To stick with the other games I mentioned above (both Garden Warfare titles), they offer to novice players a couple of characters right from the start that are not just good, but also fully-upgraded already. Thereby incentivizing new players to make use of them, to make it a bit easier to hold up against stronger players.

Most games are not perfect, and one game may be strong in one of these aspects I mentioned, but weaker in other aspects. That must be dealt with, but it would be even better to inform oneself before buying a game. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Nov 2016, 23:54

i play some MMO's myself. Started some years ago with Rappelz, but i quit with that one quickly after being spammed by sellers. Then i played some of those pay 2 win browsergames, such as Wartune, League of Angels and Tynon.
Now i'm more into Aion, TERA, The Secret World and Black Desert, though i play Black Desert the most and play The Secret World now and then. Black Desert is a MMORPG and The Secret World is a MMO adventure game from Funcom (the guys behind The Longest Journey and Dreamfall). And i forgot Path of Exile, which is actually an almost PvE game with some PvP options in it as well. I play Aion and TERA on the North-American servers and Black Desert on the European servers. The European servers of Aion and TERA are seperated and an other company (gameforge) take care of it. The NA ones are still in the hands of the original devs. Prices at gameforge are also higher and there are more limitations. i used to have an own guild over at Aion, on the israphel server.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top