Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Base Game Install/ISO problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Sims 3 Base Game Install/ISO problem. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Base Game Install/ISO problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 12:40

Hi there,

Sorry if I'm posting about something that has already been addressed, but I have looked around for it. 

I've never been able to get a version of the Sims 3 to work, so I decided to delete all my copies and download the G4TW versions instead. I know there are both the "How to Install" and "Ultimate Fix" threads but neither of these help me. The first step on the How To Install thread says install the game, and currently I can't do that.

There are 2 .iso files in the base game's download. The installation guide says I must mount them both. Then start the first one again and install. All cool through registration etc until it asks for the next disk. When I press browse and I go to where the unrar-ed folder is, the .iso files don't show up. In fact no .iso files that I have seem to be clickable. When I choose the BD-ROM path where the disk is mounted, that also doesn't work. So basically something is wrong or I don't understand the install instructions. I can't get past choosing the next disk, so I can't install WhatDidUJustCallMe? Please please help me - I have been trying to get these games to work for YEARS with no luck Sad 

Thank you <3

Last edited by Xirenia on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 13:39; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 3 Base Game Install/ISO problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game Install/ISO problem. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 12:48

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Let's see, you don't have to mount them simultaneously to get it to work. If you were able to mount one, you can mount the other one when needed. Maybe you have to unmount the first one to get it to work, but that would depend on the program you're using.

Maybe the Mounting Guide we have here can help you out.
Don't hesitate to post if there's anything unclear, we're here to help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 3 Base Game Install/ISO problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game Install/ISO problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 13:06

Hi, 

Thanks for the welcome. 

I understand how to mount and unmount disks - that isn't the problem unfortunately. Simply mounting the second disk doesn't satisfy what the install is asking for. A browse window comes up (I've now attached a screenshot in the first post), and the ISO files are not there to click, like the browser does not recognise them. Clicking on the BD-ROM path doesn't work either. So what do I do to continue?

These are the instructions in the install guide, which make it seem like browsing and selecting the ISO files should be simple:

7. When, during Installation, the Installation asks for Disk 1, click 'Browse' and select the 
StartDisk you have Mounted. (NOTE: In 'My Computer' or 'Computer' the StartDisk is
called 'SIMS3')
8. When again asked to insert Disk 1, click 'Browse' and select the Disk 1 you have Mounted.

P.S. I use Daemon Tools, not Power ISO (if that makes a difference)

Thanks Smile

Last edited by Xirenia on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 13:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 13:41

Ok, those instructions apply if you have mounted both ISO's. If you didn't, you'll have to go into Daemon tools to mount the other disk before you can use the "browse" function on the installer.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 13:48

I never realised you could mount two disks if you opened up daemon tools. Thank you SO MUCH and sorry for being so inept Sad It's now working <3

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 14:02

Don't worry about it Smile We're here to help. I'm just glad it's working.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 16:58

Thank you again!

I have one more question though, now that I'm getting on with the process. I have downloaded all the expansion packs (not the stuff packs). Do I need to install them in chronological order? Also, do I need to do the thing about changing a number in the registry, which is in one or two of the installation guides? Or do I just install them with the setup files and then do the ultimate fix at the end?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 21:06

Hello,  Very Happy
firstly install Patch 1.67. Then install addons you want. They don't have to be in chronological order as long as you installed patch. There's no need to change any thing in registry, (and as mentione in Late Night uninstalling all expansion). So, just install Base Game and then Patch 1.67. After that, all addons you want. Run installer of expansion, open #InstallationGuide. Follow installer steps. When you prompted for key copy one from #InstallationGuide. Do not follow other steps in #InstallationGuide, just use it for serial key.
When you install all wanted addons, download Ultimate Fix, extract it using WinRar and copy contents of folder #Crack to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. 

If you're installing some early expansion packs you could apply Early Patches, if you want.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. You can read The Sims 3 Optimization Guide to increase performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 21:15

You may have to change the registry for World Adventures, but you will find out if it's needed as you try to install it. If there's no error during that, you're good to go.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2016, 08:14

Thanks so so much guys. You're the bomb <3

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 15 Jul 2016, 10:40

Thank you for your kindness Smile and you're very welcome.

Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.

Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top