Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 will not boot after clicking play.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 will not boot after clicking play. Empty Sims 3 will not boot after clicking play.

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2016, 05:05

i have been trying for days to figure out how to get sims 3 working for me ive had all kinds of error messages that the forum was able to help me with but this ...has no error message.

I open the launcher and everything looks fine. I hit the play button and a second sims logo pops up in my tray, one disappears and then reappears and then there are two again. Then everything crashes and there's nothing. I walked away from the computer for an hour to see if it just needed time but nothing ever happened.

I have no idea whats wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 will not boot after clicking play. Empty Re: Sims 3 will not boot after clicking play.

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2016, 11:37

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
I did a search on the problem and may have found something that may help.

Black Screen, long loading times and TMP files in DCCache
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/black-screen-long-loading-times-and-tmp-files-in-dccache.html

Try a factory reset, copy your Sims 3 folder to desktop, and let the game create a new Sims 3 folder. It sounds like that'll work for you. But there are a few other suggestions on that page that might be helpful.

If none of the suggestions help, please post back to see if we can help further.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 will not boot after clicking play. Empty Re: Sims 3 will not boot after clicking play.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 21 Jul 2016, 18:12

munch_kinn wrote:i have been trying for days to figure out how to get sims 3 working for me ive had all kinds of error messages that the forum was able to help me with but this ...has no error message.

I open the launcher and everything looks fine. I hit the play button and a second sims logo pops up in my tray, one disappears and then reappears and then there are two again. Then everything crashes and there's nothing. I walked away from the computer for an hour to see if it just needed time but nothing ever happened.

I have no idea whats wrong.
Thanks in advance.

In addition, can you also try running the TS3W.exe, located (normally) under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin ? Does the same happen there too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2016, 20:04

I went as far as deleting my whole game and reinstalling completely (I haven't played even once so it didn't matter to me) and it still came up blank. Doing the same multiple logos thing bouncing and disappearing. This time I had installed on my desktop instead of in the applications folder.

I'm working on a mac by the way, should have mentioned that earlier, but looking in terminal as it booted up, it gave me the below information, if it's any help. 

Last login: Tue Jul 19 20:42:29 on console
MacBook-Pro:~ alec$ /Users/alec/Desktop/The\ Sims\ 3.localized/The\ Sims3.app/Contents/MacOS/SIMS3-launcher ; exit;
2016-07-21 11:57:30.095 cider[37354:334111] TransformProcessType failed! Err: -50
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...31 completed.

[Process completed]

I also attempted running again with the TS3.exe as suggested and it gave me this error:

"The game is not able to start properly. Please reinstall your game."
scratch

**Update**
I re-replaced the TS3.exe file and it did boot and give me a black screen and the sims cursor...but then froze. Maybe I should have waited longer with it though...

also tried booting up from the launcher one more time after replacing and nothing changed there.

**Update 2**
I tried again with booting from te TS3.exe and let the black screen sit for over an hour this time. No dice there.

Last edited by munch_kinn on Thu 21 Jul 2016, 21:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 21 Jul 2016, 20:17

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

I will move your topic to the Mac section! You may want to have a look at some of the topics in there, especially the ones about installing on Mac, to see if you've missed a step, perhaps.

Unfortunately, most of us aren't very knowledgeable about the workings of Mac, but we will try our best to help. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jul 2016, 20:14

anyone have any new ideas about my dilemma?

**Edit**
forget about it, I downloaded sims 4 instead and it is working way better.

Last edited by munch_kinn on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 19:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 14:37

I had similar problem few years ago. I simply figure it out I made the game window mode instead of full screen mode. I forgot the key controls, but yeah. It worked for me for some odd reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top