Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I.

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 21 Empty The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I.

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2016, 20:24

First topic message reminder :

Mod edit: please keep in mind that this thread is meant for general discussion in the first place. If you need any help with technical or download-related problems, please open a new topic in The Sims 4 Downloads Support. In case of more in-game related problems, feel free to open a new topic in The Sims 4 in-game Support. Thank you!

- The_gh0stm4n

It seems that new expansion pack for The Sims 4 has leaked.

http://simsvip.com/2016/08/17/sims-4-city-life-listed-next-expansion/

Hoping it would be like Late Night. Name for EP, would probably be Get to City. *sarcasam*

I hope that it wasn't like with that world, that after turned out to be very old concept art for The Sims 4 Base Game. 

http://simsvip.com/2016/06/30/the-sims-4-base-game-concept-art-by-michael-bierek/

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 21 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Nov 2016, 20:40

Ɛɗιη wrote:@Ughust @Aza @Saffirah666

As we have pointed out before we do not allow the sharing of personal information, such as (some stranger's) Origin credentials. Check out rule 8 right here. As far as we are concerned, this rule applies to the PM system as well, since this is not your own personal information, but someone else's. While we cannot check whether or not this is being respected, we trust that you will all refrain from asking for, or sharing this information. If we do get wind of such information being shared using the PM system, there will be consequences as mentioned on the rule page.

You may want to have a look at our most recent post on the Facebookpage about this particular situation.

I also thought that discussion was over, but sadly it isn't. I was secretly hoping before - though I didn't directly mention it - that people would get the message that beyond the aspect of private information, there are more reasons we don't approve of that procedure. For example legal ones. And yes, legal aspects also extend to information shared through the PM system.

But then, as I said on the FB-page already, I would really like to appeal to people's common sense and decency to not take advantage of people who were very likely hacked. This really isn't cool, people. You can't be that impatient, can you?

It has not been done on this Forum yet, but we do have the theoretical possibility of investigating the content of conversations shared through the PM system. With some tweaks that is a possibility. And since the original link was posted on a user profile (without waiting for the necessary approval or advice from team members), we will also consider permission changes regarding the regular users. If, of course, this topic leads to further issues. Which I don't think it will. Smile

Please, I kindly ask you again to not use this method outlined on that site in Russian. And I hope this is also the end of that discussion.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 20:49; edited 1 time in total

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 21 Empty Re: The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 30 Nov 2016, 20:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote: For example legal ones [...]

Before someone here thinks they can be the smart one, and tell us that pirating as a whole is illegal, we are indeed aware of this. Razz But there is a HUGE difference between pirating a game and stealing it from an individual.
I mean, maybe you would try to get on public transport without paying, but would you steal your neighbours' car?

Didn't think so...

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Nov 2016, 20:51

Ɛɗιη wrote:Before someone here thinks they can be the smart one, and tell us that pirating as a whole is illegal, we are indeed aware of this. Razz But there is a HUGE difference between pirating a game and stealing it from an individual.
I mean, maybe you would try to get on public transport without paying, but would you steal your neighbours' car?

Didn't think so...

That's why I hinted at that topic in the Facebook-message. At best, people can say we're moving in a grey area of law, regarding what we do. That's really the most people can "point out". But sharing of account IDs is on a totally different level.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2016, 21:44

The origin account of the Russian inventor (Igor) is no longer valid, either blocked by Origin or the password has been changed.
So this opportunity is no longer available anyhow.

Further warning:
There is a "torrent" download on the internet, posted a few hours ago.
Don't try it, my computer had all kind of pop-ups all over the screen.
I could not even switch my PC off, only by pressing the on-off button.
In the end I had more than 2000 infections, which - thanks to Spyhunter - could be removed.

I know that we all are eager to get City Living but do not experiment yourselves unless you have good protection (cost money)

Info for the freaks who want to try it anyway, inspite of all warnings.
The download of City Living via Origin is 2.45 GB, so anything less is a fake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 02:33

Ɛɗιη wrote:

Hahaha good analogy  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:26

MaguCaru wrote:
Ɛɗιη wrote:

Hahaha good analogy  Carlos is tha man!!!

Razz

It seems like the warning is obsolete now, since those credentials are no longer working. I'll just leave it there though, in case a similar situation pops up in the future.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 15:13

I don't feel like I can trust ANY one apart from G4TW. Will the new Vintage Glamour pack be made available along with City Living if it's cracked by G4TW?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Dec 2016, 15:47

Note that we don't make the cracks, so it will all depend on the scenegroups.
All we do is repack, add a (good) installation guide, and provide support afterwards.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 17:25

I feel like people didn't read my post carefully enough? I said I used my own purchased base game copy of Sims 4. Meaning I used my own account for that Russian method. I also never used the accounts at the end either because it wasn't necessary--thought I said that too. The only thing you use is essentially a fake account/credentials and that is why you cannot have the internet on when Origin is starting up: It updates the cache/Origin files when it starts up if the internet is turned on, therefore invalidating the fake information. That is why when you do make the mistake of turning Origin on when the internet is active, you have to go and replace the Local/Roaming/Programdata files again because those files contain the fake information to log in. I tried to figure out a way to edit it to make it more personal, but I haven't found out a way yet. You have to set Origin for offline mode as well. Just thought I'd clarify it since assumptions were being made, so no I didn't follow that guide word by word. Regardless this way is a little inconvenient anyways and the customized method I used is more for those who already have a legit copy of the base game, so I won't bother making a guide. 

But, I won't share the page through PM (not that I can use PM yet ;-; I'm still a nub) and such since it does contain those accounts and I don't recommend using those either.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Dec 2016, 18:10

Aza wrote:I feel like people didn't read my post carefully enough? 

I did read your post. And yes, I did take into account the theoretical possibility that those were fake account credentials all along (since the procedure involved using modified Origin files).

Maybe you indeed don't need those "fake accounts" at all (but then, what is the reason they were posted on the site? To "exemplify" the procedure?) 

Nonetheless, we can't - and won't - take any chances in that regard. Origin-related technicalities aside, I hope you understand that for safety and privacy reasons we have to assume that any and all e-mails/passwords are "legit", and therefore disallowed to be shared on the Forum and the PM system.

//EDIT

Addendum from me: if you found a way to play those DLC without actually using any other Origin account credentials than your own, then it's cool. Now that I think about it more, the Russian site provided the folders for the Backyard Stuff + City Living DLC. So if you have an Origin account with a legit TS4 base game on it, you indeed *could* skip the provided faked (or hacked) account credentials from these other users. You add those DLC folders to your own TS4 folder, plus the modified Origin folders, and there should be no need for the other accounts. I have to admit, I did not think through that part carefully enough initially.  Sad 

And: you should be able to send PMs now. The "post limit for sending private messages" - unless the Admins changed something about it - was always 2 messages or more on the Forum. Very Happy

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 19:03; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Extra information & explanation added.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 18:41

Aza wrote:I feel like people didn't read my post carefully enough? I said I used my own purchased base game copy of Sims 4. Meaning I used my own account for that Russian method. I also never used the accounts at the end either because it wasn't necessary--thought I said that too. The only thing you use is essentially a fake account/credentials and that is why you cannot have the internet on when Origin is starting up: It updates the cache/Origin files when it starts up if the internet is turned on, therefore invalidating the fake information. That is why when you do make the mistake of turning Origin on when the internet is active, you have to go and replace the Local/Roaming/Programdata files again because those files contain the fake information to log in. I tried to figure out a way to edit it to make it more personal, but I haven't found out a way yet. You have to set Origin for offline mode as well. Just thought I'd clarify it since assumptions were being made, so no I didn't follow that guide word by word. Regardless this way is a little inconvenient anyways and the customized method I used is more for those who already have a legit copy of the base game, so I won't bother making a guide. 

But, I won't share the page through PM (not that I can use PM yet ;-; I'm still a nub) and such since it does contain those accounts and I don't recommend using those either.
Maybe I still read not carefully enough:

* I have my official Origin game Sims 4 on C:\Origin Games\The Sims 4
* I have my G4TW games stored on C:\Program Files (x86) The Sims 4
* I created a "duumy account"

What's next ?
Please explain in detail how to fix things without using the "Russian link"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 19:47

Natasa3690 wrote:Hello, is there a way to know when we could have new DLC Torrent available? I have no idea how long it takes to be made and what are the requirements for all that.

search google for a website called predb, (hint: its not a .com, it ends in 2 letters)... this website announces official cracked releases as soon as they are released. its not a download site. if you see city living posted there, then you can be sure its released.

so if you seen a post like this... 

Released        Category     Platform                   Title
----------        ----------     ---------                  -------
2.9 days         Games           PC           Quern.Undying.Thoughts-RELOADED

just copy the title exactly as posted and paste it into google or TPB to find the download.

I fully trusted this site for announcements for close to a year and it never let me down.

from my past experiences and in my honest opinion the title names posted come from the release groups themselves. 

so in the case of the example above if i seen a title on TPB saying Quern-Undying-Thoughts-reloaded there's a chance that torrent may be tampered with. notice the small letters "reloaded" and the "." was replaced with "-" 

so if you copy the title from this site you have a better chance of getting a legit torrent.

nobody can predict when CITY LIVING will be released, so the best hope i can offer you on finding a legit release is recommending these tips to help keep you safe and finding legit titles.

Hope this helps. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 19:59

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker of this forum. I can't post a link or PM any of the mods because I'm new but, there is a user on youtube under the name "The Sims World" and they apparently have a video linking a cracked download of city living. The ratings and comments look good, but I don't know whether they are fake. I wanted to see if any of the mods could run a test and see if the link is valid or if they were already aware of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 20:13

peachmilk wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker of this forum. I can't post a link or PM any of the mods because I'm new but, there is a user on youtube under the name "The Sims World" and they apparently have a video linking a cracked download of city living. The ratings and comments look good, but I don't know whether they are fake. I wanted to see if any of the mods could run a test and see if the link is valid or if they were already aware of this.

according to the site i recommended above there is no official release. i'd highly suggest you dont trust it. it's more than likely a fake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 20:23

We already talked about that a few pages ago. It's not real. Don't download from that site, because a cracked version of city living hasn't been released yet. 
It will come out eventually, until then we'll have to wait. Look at the bright side, at least this way we're not stuck with a buggy version of the game for a few months.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Dec 2016, 21:05

Aza wrote:I feel like people didn't read my post carefully enough?

I did, I just tagged you because you were asked for the link, and I wanted to clarify that we'd prefer if you didn't share that link. It was more of a precaution on my part, than an assumption that you would, no worries.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Dec 2016, 21:09

peachmilk wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker of this forum. I can't post a link or PM any of the mods because I'm new but, there is a user on youtube under the name "The Sims World" and they apparently have a video linking a cracked download of city living. The ratings and comments look good, but I don't know whether they are fake. I wanted to see if any of the mods could run a test and see if the link is valid or if they were already aware of this.

Have a look at this Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 21:32

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Addendum from me: if you found a way to play those DLC without actually using any other Origin account credentials than your own, then it's cool. Now that I think about it more, the Russian site provided the folders for the Backyard Stuff + City Living DLC. So if you have an Origin account with a legit TS4 base game on it, you indeed *could* skip the provided faked (or hacked) account credentials from these other users. You add those DLC folders to your own TS4 folder, plus the modified Origin folders, and there should be no need for the other accounts. I have to admit, I did not think through that part carefully enough initially.  The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 21 Icon_sad

Maybe I'm a noob on computers.
I've been trying yesterday from 09.00-16.00 to obtain working Origin folders for ProgramData, AppData/Roaming and AppData/Local in order to make these match with my "fake" account.
Via my legal Origin account I do have EP03 and the Game folder, SP08 came with a downloaded Dine Out
In the legal Origin I only have Base Game, Outdoor living, get to work, get together, Dine out, City living.
In the downloadsection I have everything upto and incl. Dine Out.
So it would be nice to be able to combine them.

It would be appreciated when @Aza provides us with an instruction how he managed this.

EDIT: what I did found however is that - in case you don't have a legal account for the Sims 4 - you can create one.
* Make an account with Origin.
* download the free Sims 4 Demo (only valid for 48 hours)
* Once downloaded, change the name of the folder to The Sims 4
* Delete the contents of that folder
* Fill the folder with your pirated games
* Change the name in the register from The Sims 4 Demo to The Sims 4

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% sure that this will work for everyone as my computer has traces of the legal game

• The Sims 4 City Living - discussion Part I. - Page 21 Edit_p10

Last edited by Tarac on Thu 01 Dec 2016, 21:46; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Dec 2016, 21:38

Tarac wrote:

It would be appreciated when @Aza provides us with an instruction how he managed this.

This is acceptable, as long as they write out what was done (no link), and no Origin Credentials are given, fake or otherwise.
Also, a little disclaimer that, we (G4TW) will not clean up the mess if it goes wrong a.k.a. "Don't try this at home"
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 22:00

Ɛɗιη wrote:
This is acceptable, as long as they write out what was done (no link), and no Origin Credentials are given, fake or otherwise.
Also, a little disclaimer that, we (G4TW) will not clean up the mess if it goes wrong a.k.a. "Don't try this at home"
What's harmfull in giving the credentials of a fake account when there's nothing in it ?
When it contains certain downloads then of course it's a different matter, but just a plain, blank account ?
Anyway, I don't think someone elses account will not be required I gess.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 01 Dec 2016, 22:03

Tarac wrote:
Ɛɗιη wrote:
What's harmfull in giving the credentials of a fake account when there's nothing in it ?
When it contains certain downloads then of course it's a different matter, but just a plain, blank account ?

Because, even if they are fake, people misread, and misjudge. And before you know it, we're in trouble. A line has to be drawn.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 22:51

Ɛɗιη wrote:
Tarac wrote:
Ɛɗιη wrote:

Because, even if they are fake, people misread, and misjudge. And before you know it, we're in trouble. A line has to be drawn.
OK, you win

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 00:30

Patch version 1.25 came out today, with some bugfixes and new content for the holiday season (Holiday Celebration patch, maybe?). I still gonna check what's new, but it looks like the club system from Get Together is broken for many users...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 05:28

i denied the update, im afraid of broken mods.

guess if the update is breaking the actual game, i lucked out.

ps. i know someone is wondering...

No... S4: CL is not out yet. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 10:31

Any news when will we be getting a new Fix for the TS4?
With the new packs and stuff <3  The Sims 3 plumbob I'm new here.  Awesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 02 Dec 2016, 15:10

MilaSimsAddict wrote:Any news when will we be getting a new Fix for the TS4?
With the new packs and stuff <3  The Sims 3 plumbob I'm new here.  Awesome Emote

Nope, no news at all.
Rest assured, if we have news, you'll know it Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 19:39

Is there anyway to play the legit base game + CL with illegal copies already installed on my computer?? My friend was going to do a shared account since she bought CL but I don't want to uninstall my game since I have all packs up til Dine out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top