Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N/A

View previous topic View next topic Go down

N/A Empty N/A

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 18:40

N/A

Last edited by icbogue on Mon 03 Jul 2017, 19:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I no longer want my posts here.)

Back to top Go down

N/A Empty Re: N/A

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Sep 2016, 19:27

icbogue wrote:I am just wondering if there will be an Ultimate Fix Update Only Edition.

Hello @icbogue and thanks for the suggestion!

In short: unless we can find a way to make this work technically. there won't be an update-only-version. The problem is, those TS4 updates right now are meant to be used cumulatively (all together). If we start cutting out stuff, the game freezes. We noticed that already with the last fix, so this time we didn't even bother to work on the update-only.

The crack files would need to be modified, and I have some ideas on what could be done, but thus far I haven't really found enough time for doing so. 

Having an update-only would be a nice addition for the people with a slower internet, or even for people who just want to see what TS4 is about. But as of right now, we unfortunately don't have this anymore.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 21:17

Thanks @The_gh0stm4n. I didn't remember how to do the ultimate fix. Then it clicked. So now I'm all good. Except for one thing. Whenever I launch the game, it pops up with a window that says something about running the game as administrator if it is the first time running the game. How can I get that message to stop appearing?

BTW: I was thinking that the Update Only was the new expansion packs. I'm all good there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2016, 21:49

Right-click on the shortcut on your desktop.
Select Properties
Select Advances
Check Administrator

Mod edit: moved to "The Sims 4 Downloads Support (PC)".

- The_ghostm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum