Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 2 Install Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 2 Install Problem Empty SIMS 2 Install Problem

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 02:47

Hello, I'm trying to install the Sims 2 and every time I get to the University Folder, I install it but then it says that the update did not process successfully and the installation is terminated.
I have installed the Sims 2 UC before from this site but uninstalled it couple months ago, and I made sure that nothing is left of it on my computer. (But maybe I missed something?) Also, when trying to install the game, I turn off AVG protection + have the installation folders on my desktop, so that I do not have the CD problem. 
I'm really lost- I have uninstalled the base game and redownloaded the UC three times now, with no luck or changes. Oh, I also downloaded 'Your Uninstaller' from this site, to see if it would help find anything from my previous download, but there was nothing.

Back to top Go down

SIMS 2 Install Problem Empty Re: SIMS 2 Install Problem

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 10:48

The updates in the Sims 2 still refer to the old EADM which of course will result in an error.
As soon as you have the base game installed, install The Sims 2 Update

Extract with Winrar
Copy the files and folders to:
Program Files(x86) - EA Games - The Sims 2 overwriting the existing files and folders.
You then have updated your game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 19:18

Tarac wrote:The updates in the Sims 2 still refer to the old EADM which of course will result in an error.

Extract with Winrar
Program Files(x86) - EA Games - The Sims 2 overwriting the existing files and folders.
Hi, thanks for your help, but I still have the same problem after following your instructions. The only thing I noticed was that my folder is Program Files(x86) - EA Games - The Sims 2 Double Deluxe... Can that cause a problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 19:27

flyingorangutans wrote:
Tarac wrote:The updates in the Sims 2 still refer to the old EADM which of course will result in an error.

Extract with Winrar
Hi, thanks for your help, but I still have the same problem after following your instructions. The only thing I noticed was that my folder is Program Files(x86) - EA Games - The Sims 2 Double Deluxe... Can that cause a problem?
Don't think so as Double theluxe is Base game + Nightlife + Celebrations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Sep 2016, 22:03

Tarac wrote:
flyingorangutans wrote:

Extract with Winrar
Don't think so as Double theluxe is Base game + Nightlife + Celebrations.
I figured it out! I had to change the order in which I installed them. I'll list them below if anyone else has the same problem.

1) Base game + the patch that you linked
2) Pets
3) Glamour Life
4) Seasons
5) Holiday (This one was before or after Seasons)
6) Open for Business
7) Family Fun Stuff
Cool Apartment Life
9) Bon Voyage
10) Freetime
11) University
12) H&M; Teen Stuff; Kitchen; IKEA
13) Mansion & Garden Stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content