Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♡ Pyro's Sim Emporium ♡ (TS4)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

♡ Pyro's Sim Emporium ♡ (TS4) Empty Sim Sharing Question.

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 22:45

Hello Smile I usually don't inquire much in the forums if I'm not having any trouble with my game, but is there a section where we're able to post sims with download links? I'd love to share some of the sims I've made, but I'm not sure if it's allowed. Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

♡ Pyro's Sim Emporium ♡ (TS4) Empty Re: ♡ Pyro's Sim Emporium ♡ (TS4)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Sep 2016, 22:54

Pyrocrastinate wrote:Hello Smile I usually don't inquire much in the forums if I'm not having any trouble with my game, but is there a section where we're able to post sims with download links? I'd love to share some of the sims I've made, but I'm not sure if it's allowed. Thanks in advance!

Hello @Pyrocrastinate,

No worries first of all. Smile  At some point in the past we were indeed thinking about doing something like with the "TS3 Exchange", but...mainly due to the low interest in The Sims 4 we decided against it (see also the discussion here). But if you like, you can post your items in "The Sims 4 chit-chat" too, if you'd like to share them. 

If you post links, try and shorten them with URL shorteners such as bit.ly or goo.gl. Or, if necessary we can do that for you too.

Other than that, sure it's allowed. As hinted before, we currently don't have a formal subsection for this, but the TS4 chit-chat should do fine as well here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 23:00

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pyrocrastinate wrote:Hello Smile I usually don't inquire much in the forums if I'm not having any trouble with my game, but is there a section where we're able to post sims with download links? I'd love to share some of the sims I've made, but I'm not sure if it's allowed. Thanks in advance!

Hello @Pyrocrastinate,

No worries first of all. Smile  At some point in the past we were indeed thinking about doing something like with the "TS3 Exchange", but...mainly due to the low interest in The Sims 4 we decided against it (see also the discussion here). But if you like, you can post your items in "The Sims 4 chit-chat" too, if you'd like to share them. 

If you post links, try and shorten them with URL shorteners such as bit.ly or goo.gl. Or, if necessary we can do that for you too.

Other than that, sure it's allowed. As hinted before, we currently don't have a formal subsection for this, but the TS4 chit-chat should do fine as well here.

Okay, I see! I will get to work exporting my sims then. Thanks a bunch!  Smile Smile
Oh, also. I just thought of something else to ask. Would it be better to make separate posts for my sims (in chit-chat) or put all of my sims in one topic?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Sep 2016, 23:10

Pyrocrastinate wrote:Okay, I see! I will get to work exporting my sims then. Thanks a bunch!  Smile Smile
Oh, also. I just thought of something else to ask. Would it be better to make separate posts for my sims (in chit-chat) or put all of my sims in one topic?

That's a good question, ...  Very Happy

For now I'd suggest you open only one (1) thread and post all your stuff in there. It's pretty much in line with the general policy on the forum (we ask users to stick with all issues they currently have, in just one topic). 

If need be in the future, say, when we really decide to open new subsections for  user-made creations, we can split up your posts. But for now it's probably best to have one thread only.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

♡ Pyro's Sim Emporium ♡ (TS4) Empty ♡ Pyro's Sim Emporium ♡ (TS4)

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2016, 23:54

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆ Welcome! ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
Hi, everyone! I'm Pyro, and I've decided to start a topic to share my sims and hear feedback from you! I will only post download links for sims if more than three people ask for a specific sim, due to the fact that I will have to locate all of the CC and shorten the source URLs as well. I will possibly implement rules if it is allowed and if this topic gains more attention in the future, but for now you may say whatever you'd like and ask any questions you might have. That's it for me, really, so I hope you all enjoy my sims!  (^∇^)
(The first will go up very soon.)
☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Oct 2016, 00:55

Pyrocrastinate wrote:
Hi, everyone! I'm Pyro, and I've decided to start a topic to share my sims and hear feedback from you! I will only post download links for sims if more than three people ask for a specific sim, due to the fact that I will have to locate all of the CC and shorten the source URLs as well. I will possibly implement rules if it is allowed and if this topic gains more attention in the future, but for now you may say whatever you'd like and ask any questions you might have. That's it for me, really, so I hope you all enjoy my sims!  (^∇^)

Hello again,

Just a thought: I assume you have a RELOADED/Games4theworld version of The Sims 4, which is on patch version 1.20.60.1020? If so, it might be an idea if you uploaded your entire "Mods"-folder (with all your CC), in addition to all that.

I know, I know..."people might find CC that they do not like". Or: "there may be script mods too which could cause issues". But in case you organized your Mods-folder into several subfolders for different CC types, it could still be worth thinking about just uploading the CC for clothing, skins, hair, etc. Smile  Which should save you the hassle of looking through the individual items.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 01:02

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pyrocrastinate wrote:

Hello again,

Just a thought: I assume you have a RELOADED/Games4theworld version of The Sims 4, which is on patch version 1.20.60.1020? If so, it might be an idea if you uploaded your entire "Mods"-folder (with all your CC), in addition to all that.

I know, I know..."people might find CC that they do not like". Or: "there may be script mods too which could cause issues". But in case you organized your Mods-folder into several subfolders for different CC types, it could still be worth thinking about just uploading the CC for clothing, skins, hair, etc. Smile  Which should save you the hassle of looking through the individual items.

Thank you for the suggestion! I do have my CC divided into content-specific folders (due to a script mod messing up my game and having to go through over 3,000 files of CC to find which one was conflicting with my game) but I guess I don't really see what you're trying to say. When you say upload, do you mean put up a folder for download with all of my collective CC in it? If so, not only would it take a pretty long time, but that goes against most CC creator's wishes and I'm sure someone would tattle at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Oct 2016, 01:14

Pyrocrastinate wrote:When you say upload, do you mean put up a folder for download with all of my collective CC in it? 

Yes, that was the idea (and it was just that, really, only a preliminary suggestion). Other factors to take into account are the actual size of your Mods-folder, your internet speed, etc.

As for the original CC creators, thanks for asking about this. Back with The Sims 3, the way we did it was that if CC were used, we generally asked users to post the name of the creator. If the name was not known, a simple sentence like "I do not take credit for creating those items, and all thanks go to whoever created them" will do as well. I personally don't get most of the hassle involved in this. Whether people download the stuff from one site or the other, I mean. But nonetheless it's understandable. CC creators want to get their name "out there", generate traffic to their blogs/sites (which in turn brings clicks + advertising revenue), and also advertize themselves on social media. So it's cool I guess. 

As for the tattling, if we cared too much about this, we couldn't maintain a platform like G4TW, which is to a good part about pirated stuff. Wink  

But again, it was merely an idea, and if your Mods-folder is too big, it may indeed not be practical to upload the entire pack. On the other hand though, it'll be tough to sift through the individual items...

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 03 Oct 2016, 01:17; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2016, 01:16

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pyrocrastinate wrote:When you say upload, do you mean put up a folder for download with all of my collective CC in it? 

Yes, that was the idea (and it was just that, really, only a preliminary suggestion). Other factors to take into account are the actual size of your Mods-folder, your internet speed, etc.

As for the original CC creators, thanks for asking about this. Back with The Sims 3, the way we did it was that if CC were used, we generally asked users to post the name of the creator. If the name was not known, a simple sentence like "I do not take credit for creating those items, and all thanks go to whoever created them" will do as well. I personally don't get most of the hassle involved in this. Whether people download the stuff from one site or the other, I mean. But nonetheless it's understandable. CC creators want to get their name "out there", generate traffic to their blogs/sites (which in turn brings clicks + advertising revenue), and also advertize themselves on social media. So it's cool I guess. 

As for the tattling, if we cared too much about this, we couldn't maintain a platform like G4TW, which is to a good part about pirated stuff. Wink  

But again, it was merely an idea, and if your Mods-folder is too big, it may indeed not be practical to upload the entire pack. On the other hand though, it'll be tough to sift through the items...

Fortunately, there are resources for people in my situation. It will probably be time-consuming and I may not be able to post here as much as I'd like due to school and other things, but I'm sure I'll be able to get it done. Thanks, though. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Oct 2016, 01:20

Pyrocrastinate wrote:
Fortunately, there are resources for people in my situation. It will probably be time-consuming and I may not be able to post here as much as I'd like due to school and other things, but I'm sure I'll be able to get it done. Thanks, though. Smile

No worries, and you're welcome. Wink

Another idea: think about posting screenshots of your sims, and see how people react. If they look nice, people may react, and request you provide them as a download here. 

alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2016, 04:52

Ohh I would love to see what sims you have. I am always in the market for new sims for my Legacy Challenge in particular. I know I am brand new but I just seen this topic and hope my post will encourage you to share some screenshots!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top