Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to transfer/install all sims 3 games to another PC.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - How to transfer/install all sims 3 games to another PC. Empty How to transfer/install all sims 3 games to another PC.

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2016, 02:53

Hi everyone,

(Hopefully this is in the right section, I'm basing this off of a similar post I've seen) So I've searched the forums for an answer to this but did not find an answer that I was able to comprehend so bare with me here haha.
I am looking to transfer my sims 3 games to my other computer. So far I have figured out how to share files and am currently in the process of transferring them. I made a file in my electronic arts folder on the new computer called Sims 3 and all data is currently being transferred there (not sure if that was even the right thing to do). My question is after all these files have been transferred over, how do I go about installing them again? Will they transfer in the correct order? I'm not to good at these kind of things but I know it's possible.  thank you for your time and help, I really appreciate your assistance.

Back to top Go down

silent install - How to transfer/install all sims 3 games to another PC. Empty Re: How to transfer/install all sims 3 games to another PC.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Oct 2016, 04:12

kriisten456 wrote:Hi everyone,

(Hopefully this is in the right section, I'm basing this off of a similar post I've seen) So I've searched the forums for an answer to this but did not find an answer that I was able to comprehend so bare with me here haha.
I am looking to transfer my sims 3 games to my other computer. So far I have figured out how to share files and am currently in the process of transferring them. I made a file in my electronic arts folder on the new computer called Sims 3 and all data is currently being transferred there (not sure if that was even the right thing to do). My question is after all these files have been transferred over, how do I go about installing them again? Will they transfer in the correct order? I'm not to good at these kind of things but I know it's possible.  thank you for your time and help, I really appreciate your assistance.

Hello and welcome to the forum @kriisten456! Smile

You can safely 'transfer' the folder The Sims 3, that is located under Documents\Electronic Arts. This folder contains your saves, personalized in-game settings, screenshots and any mods/CC you might have installed.

As for the rest, simply moving the installation folders - the ones under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ - is NOT going to work. You will need to go through the proper installation procedure again, on the other computer. 

I know it's a pain to do, and nowadays, a lot of pirated games are by default portable (meaning, you can safely transfer the installation to any location you please). The Sims 3 is not portable though, at least not the version from Games4theworld. There is, however, this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10330-tool-portable-the-sims-3

Maybe this will help you in the future, but I myself never tried that thing. Good luck though!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top