Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 - Complete Edition File Transfer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 - Complete Edition File Transfer. Empty The Sims 3 - Complete Edition File Transfer.

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 14:37

Hello Games4TheWorld,
I have recently installed The Sims 3 - Complete Edition (all of the packs inside the folder). In my PC, I have an SSD (for programs and the OS) and a HDD (for games and misc.) but I installed The Sims 3 and all of the packs to the SSD (which is under the 'C' disk). I was wondering if it was possible for me to transfer the folder to my HDD ('D' disk), like would I need to transfer the whole Electronics Art folder or just the games or packs or would it even work. Just a nice and simple step by step tutorial of how to do it would be nice. I don't know if it's as simple as just copy and paste or that it might not run if I do so plus I don't want to attempt as it's a pretty large file and will take up too much of my time if I try. Thank you for the time and effort you put into the cracks.
Your sincerely,
Customer.

**BTW this text was copied and pasted from an email that I sent**

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Complete Edition File Transfer. Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Complete Edition File Transfer.

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 14:48

You can try MOVING (not copying) the The Sims 3 folder from your present location to a new location on your D drive.
Moving should also adjust the register, as well as the shortcut, to point to the new location.

If that makes your game not playable, MOVE it back and you'll then have to manually change all The Sims 3 entries in the register as well.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Complete Edition File Transfer. Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Complete Edition File Transfer.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Jul 2017, 15:52

//Topic moved.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 04:40

Tarac wrote:You can try MOVING (not copying) the The Sims 3 folder from your present location to a new location on your D drive.
Moving should also adjust the register, as well as the shortcut, to point to the new location.

If that makes your game not playable, MOVE it back and you'll then have to manually change all The Sims 3 entries in the register as well.
How would I change the them in the register?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 10:12

Mischewskanator wrote:
Tarac wrote:You can try MOVING (not copying) the The Sims 3 folder from your present location to a new location on your D drive.

How would I change the them in the register?
Move the install folder to f.e. D:\The Sims 3
Now open the register by keeping Windowskey down and type R
In the window type regedit and click on OK
Follow this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
When you have 64 bits Windows: WOW6432Node
Scroll down to folder Sims and open it
Open folder The Sims 3
Change Install Dir to read D:\The Sims 3
Open folder The Sims 3 Into the Future
Change ExePath to read D:\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3EP11.exe
Now try and play the game.
If any problems
Open the folders for all the other Expansion Packs

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Jul 2017, 19:35

Mischewskanator wrote:Hello Games4TheWorld,
I have recently installed The Sims 3 - Complete Edition (all of the packs inside the folder). In my PC, I have an SSD (for programs and the OS) and a HDD (for games and misc.) but I installed The Sims 3 and all of the packs to the SSD (which is under the 'C' disk). I was wondering if it was possible for me to transfer the folder to my HDD ('D' disk), like would I need to transfer the whole Electronics Art folder or just the games or packs or would it even work. Just a nice and simple step by step tutorial of how to do it would be nice. I don't know if it's as simple as just copy and paste or that it might not run if I do so plus I don't want to attempt as it's a pretty large file and will take up too much of my time if I try. Thank you for the time and effort you put into the cracks.
Your sincerely,
Customer.

**BTW this text was copied and pasted from an email that I sent**

There is a chance that even changing the registry may not work, because the relevant files under C:\Program files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information may still point to the old install location. But feel free to give it a try.

Should it not work, you may be interested (for future reference) in this thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19680-a-note-on-installing-the-sims-3-on-external-drives

Make sure to prepare the installation folders manually, and in advance on non-C: drives, should you want to try that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top