Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures Sims3EP01Setup.exe compatibility (?) issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures Sims3EP01Setup.exe compatibility (?) issues. [SOLVED] Empty World Adventures Sims3EP01Setup.exe compatibility (?) issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2016, 23:13

Hello,
I've recently downloaded the World Adventures expansion pack, and I carefully followed the instructions in the .txt, and it it worked fine up until Step 8, running Sims3EP01Setup.exe. When I run it, I get this strange error message that seems to suggest I need to run it in compatibility mode, but when I run it in compatibility mode, I still receive the message. I'm currently running Windows 8, for reference.

This is an image of the error message I receive:
 World Adventures Sims3EP01Setup.exe compatibility (?) issues. [SOLVED] Screen10
Thanks for any help you can offer

EDIT:
I solved the issue by launching it from the .rar instead of extracting it onto my PC and running it. Feel Free to lock this

Back to top Go down

World Adventures Sims3EP01Setup.exe compatibility (?) issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: World Adventures Sims3EP01Setup.exe compatibility (?) issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Thu 03 Nov 2016, 22:51

Hi there,

Glad to hear you fixed it!
For others having the same issue, you can also try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16881-setupnew-setup-cpp-140-error-fix#116999

Feel free to open a new topic if you run into issues again! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)