Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working Empty The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2016, 23:16

Hello, hi. 

Before I begin, I have read the crashes guide that has been posted as an answer in almost all related topics. I don't feel any of these fixes has anything to do with my related issue, so I hope to receive a different answer.

I have installed a RELOADED version of the Sims 4, this is not a G4TW download, however. Anyways, I realized that I needed to update my game, and saw that you guys had a download that updated it and added expansions that I didn't receive. I downloaded exactly as instructed in the file itself. (I'm not new to downloading or torrenting by any means) I have the whole folder excluded in my malware/antivirus systems, I have the Windows C++ things installed already, and I copied and replaced the files that were asked.

My game loads up, and shows the opening, however once it gets to the spinning plumbob and the facts as it loads to the Main Menu, it stops after about 2 seconds, and I have to forcefully close the application. A pop comes up saying that The Sims 4 has stopped working. I have already removed any custom content of any kind. 

I'm unable to get past this point and I would really appreciate the help. If you believe that a fix may be to install your version of the sims 4, then please paste the link to that post as well. 

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working Empty Re: The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016, 12:16

As we don't know which download you used, we can't comment on it.
Take the safe side, use the G4TW downloads and remove previous installations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2016, 16:35

I have used this sites downloads for s4 but as soon as dino comes out it quits working Sad i hope there is a fix soon, i miss playing sims

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Nov 2016, 19:19

ztackk wrote:Hello, hi. 

Before I begin, I have read the crashes guide that has been posted as an answer in almost all related topics. I don't feel any of these fixes has anything to do with my related issue, so I hope to receive a different answer.

I have installed a RELOADED version of the Sims 4, this is not a G4TW download, however. Anyways, I realized that I needed to update my game, and saw that you guys had a download that updated it and added expansions that I didn't receive. I downloaded exactly as instructed in the file itself. (I'm not new to downloading or torrenting by any means) I have the whole folder excluded in my malware/antivirus systems, I have the Windows C++ things installed already, and I copied and replaced the files that were asked.

My game loads up, and shows the opening, however once it gets to the spinning plumbob and the facts as it loads to the Main Menu, it stops after about 2 seconds, and I have to forcefully close the application. A pop comes up saying that The Sims 4 has stopped working. I have already removed any custom content of any kind. 

I'm unable to get past this point and I would really appreciate the help. If you believe that a fix may be to install your version of the sims 4, then please paste the link to that post as well. 

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the Forum @ztackk! Very Happy

No need to re-download the (Games4theworld) base game for now. Have you tried installing the Games4theworld expansions though, in the following order (as outlined here) ? Get to Work -> Get together -> (latest) Ultimate fix.

So yes, you should try adding the Get to Work, Get together & the latest Ultimate fix to your already-installed base game of The Sims 4. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Nov 2016, 15:08

i had already tried that and it still doesn't seem to work

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Nov 2016, 18:14

winterstar2015 wrote:i had already tried that and it still doesn't seem to work

Hello,

It may be better if you opened a new topic, about your issue(s). Smile  Even if your problem appears to be the same as the one the OP has, it would make the thread look too messy if more than one person posted about their problems in it. We generally prefer people opening new topics, therefore.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2017, 18:39

Sorry for the delayed response! I have already got the issue fixed. I believe I just reinstalled everything again, and it worked as it should. >< And I have just updated again for the City Living. Thank you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top