Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crack broke the game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crack broke the game! Empty Crack broke the game!

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2016, 17:35

Hi there!

Basically I've had problems with the sims 3 in the past, but I always  found a solution here somewhere so thank you for that.

I own The Sims 3 and some expansions via Origin and I have downloaded the rest via you guys. Not all of them, just some I want. I decided to download Into the Future today. I stupidly copied the crack over, forgetting I've probably done an ultimate fix on the game a million times before. The launcher nor game will work at all. So after some trying to follow the ultimate fix guide a few times it still wouldn't work so I decided to manually patch up incase that was the issue.

Unfortunately the patch keeps telling me I don't have Sims 3 and it can't detect it. I don't know if this is because it is in Origin Games or not? I have really no idea how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou

Back to top Go down

Crack broke the game! Empty Re: Crack broke the game!

Post by Admin Tue 15 Nov 2016, 19:54

Hello,

Unfortunately this is indeed caused by the fact that you're using the Origin version of the base game.
Because of the way Origin installs games, they are not recognized as separately installed games by Windows. Therefore the manual patch doesn't "know" the game is installed and it doesn't know where to copy the updated files to.

Therefore I'd like to recommend you to backup your savegames and then uninstall the Origin version of the base game. After that install the Games4theworld version of the base game and then re-do the manual patch. After that you only need to copy the files in the "# Crack" folder from the Ultimate Fix to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin . That's all, after this your game should work fine again! Very Happy

Note that there's no difference between the Origin/retail version of the base game and the Games4theworld version.
Good luck and please keep us updated! The Sims Plumbob 1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2016, 20:30

Hiyah!

Thank you for replying, it has enlightened me a little. Although I just checked how updated my game is and it appears that I am infact updated. My game was working fine with the crack before hand but now seems to be having issues.

Wondering if I replace my game if I will lose all the mods that were installed via the Downloads folder and not the mods folder?

Thanks again

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 15 Nov 2016, 20:33

Hello,

You won't lose anything in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 if you don't want to. When you uninstall, you will be asked whether you want to keep your saves etc., and they will be right there when you reinstall your game. If you want to be really safe, make a backup of that folder before you do anything.

If you do decide to uninstall your current game, make sure you restart your PC before starting the reinstallation process.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Nov 2016, 20:52

Thanks guys! Think I'll give it a go tomorrow as it's getting late over here but I shall update with my progress.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 15 Nov 2016, 21:29

Please do! And also let us know if you run into any problems along the way.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 15 Nov 2016, 22:31

Hi again,

The manual patch is not only to get the latest version of the game, but one of its other purposes is to replace corrupted files with their original.

You could try one more thing, before doing the reinstallation of the Games4theworld version. Try copying the latest crack from the Ultimate Fix to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top