Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 base game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 base game. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 2 base game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2016, 09:57

Is there an upload for the base game of The Sims 2 because the file size of the complete collection will definitely hurt my data cap (sucky ISP) and for now I only need the base game ...

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 base game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 2 base game. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Nov 2016, 19:25

Taliesyn wrote:Is there an upload for the base game of The Sims 2 because the file size of the complete collection will definitely hurt my data cap (sucky ISP) and for now I only need the base game ...

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Taliesyn,

Unfortunately there is no separate torrent for the base game. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I could (re-)upload the base game itself, plus the necessary crack, on some filesharing site; is that what you would like? Keep in mind that I can't work on it immediately, and you'd have to wait a few days...

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 22:30; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2016, 22:16

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Talieysn,

Unfortunately there is no separate torrent for the base game. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I could (re-)upload the base game itself, plus the necessary crack, on some filesharing site; is that what you would like? Keep in mind that I can't work on it immediately, and you'd have to wait a few days...
Just to save you the hassle of uploading it, I have the 4 disks ready and waiting.
When you grant me permission to share the link.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 04:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Taliesyn wrote:Is there an upload for the base game of The Sims 2 because the file size of the complete collection will definitely hurt my data cap (sucky ISP) and for now I only need the base game ...

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Taliesyn,

Oh that's alright and I'm willing to wait  Very Happy  thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Dec 2016, 16:54

Tarac wrote:Just to save you the hassle of uploading it, I have the 4 disks ready and waiting.

Not bad; but you'd again have to discuss that with Edin (& Admin). I also had the version with 4CDs, but found that (cracked) expansions wouldn't install on top of it. To this day I couldn't figure out how to do it.

That's why I'd prefer using the "Double Deluxe" base game of G4TW here, which also includes Nightlife and Celebration Stuff here, for now at least.

Taliesyn wrote:Oh that's alright and I'm willing to wait  Very Happy  thanks

You should note though that this is really an exception I am making here. Smile  
https://goo.gl/x25eHI

If you want more expansions, but you feel you cannot download them on your own data plan, please consider asking a friend or relative to torrent the entire pack for you. It would be too much of a hassle if either me, Tarac or anybody else started uploading those individual items. At least in my opinion.

Also note, I didn't add a special install guide or crack. You can find the install guide in the other post here, you will need it especially for the serial number. And then also download the NoCD-files here. Extra note from a guide that I wrote long time ago:

Me wrote:The Sims 2 base game. [SOLVED] Icon_arrow  If a user just wants the "Double Deluxe" base game, then suggest using only the folder "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe", from this download pack. Again, this folder must be copied and pasted into C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES. And the folders need to be merged, and existing files need to be replaced.

---> that is what you need to do here, with the crack. Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2016, 09:48

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:Just to save you the hassle of uploading it, I have the 4 disks ready and waiting.

Not bad; but you'd again have to discuss that with Edin (& Admin). I also had the version with 4CDs, but found that (cracked) expansions wouldn't install on top of it. To this day I couldn't figure out how to do it.

That's why I'd prefer using the "Double Deluxe" base game of G4TW here, which also includes Nightlife and Celebration Stuff here, for now at least.

Taliesyn wrote:Oh that's alright and I'm willing to wait  Very Happy  thanks

You should note though that this is really an exception I am making here. Smile  

If you want more expansions, but you feel you cannot download them on your own data plan, please consider asking a friend or relative to torrent the entire pack for you. It would be too much of a hassle if either me, Tarac or anybody else started uploading those individual items. At least in my opinion.

Also note, I didn't add a special install guide or crack. You can find the install guide in the other post you will need it especially for the serial number. And then also download the  here. Extra note from a guide that I wrote long time ago:

Me wrote:The Sims 2 base game. [SOLVED] Icon_arrow  If a user just wants the "Double Deluxe" base game, then suggest using only the folder "The Sims 2 Double Deluxe", from this download pack. Again, this folder must be copied and pasted into C:\Program files (x86)\EA GAMES. And the folders need to be merged, and existing files need to be replaced.

---> that is what you need to do here, with the crack. Good luck for now!

Thanks! It downloaded pretty fast for me and it didn't hit any antivirus. It also installed smoothly and although I got confused with the NoCD files at first, I kind of figured it out.
So far it's running very well and I have been playing it since yesterday and I haven't met an issue so far.
Thanks!!!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Dec 2016, 07:51

That's good to hear. Very Happy

At some point I may write a guide about installing only certain expansions for TS2, and using the appropriate NoCD-files. In TS3, you could use a "global" NoCD-file, for the game to run. But in TS2, you have to use the NoCD-file for the expansion/stuffpack that was released by EA most recently.

I actually have such a guide ready, but need to re-fine it, for using it on the Forum here.

If you ever need more support, feel free to open a new topic. Until then, have fun! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top