Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

64 bit vs 32 bit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

64 bit vs 32 bit? Empty 64 bit vs 32 bit?

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2016, 17:55

Downloaded City Living and gave these instructions a read: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#146695

I realized I have my game in the Programs(x86) folder instead of the normal Program folder. Is the difference really that simple? I get 32-bit because of file location? If so, would moving the game into the 64bit folder be as simple as copying it over?

Back to top Go down

64 bit vs 32 bit? Empty Re: 64 bit vs 32 bit?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Dec 2016, 18:11

Beatoften wrote:Downloaded City Living and gave these instructions a read: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#146695

I realized I have my game in the Programs(x86) folder instead of the normal Program folder. Is the difference really that simple? I get 32-bit because of file location? If so, would moving the game into the 64bit folder be as simple as copying it over?

Hello,

Yes, file location is the key here. If you want to use the 64-bit version of the game, move the entire "The Sims 4" (!!!)-folder from C:\Program files (x86), under C:\Program files instead. And then use the TS4_x64.exe to run the game...

Tea 3
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum