Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Trouble After City Living.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Trouble After City Living. Empty Sims 4 Trouble After City Living.

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 03:39

Hey I know y'all are probably tired of posts like this I've been trying to fix this problem for weeks but i don't understand. So i'll try to start the game by using the ts4_x64 under program files but i'm getting an error and all it's saying is that the sims 4 has stopped working and that it's trying to find the problem. I've followed the link above and looked on several other posts. I don't really have any antivirus running, I've put the ts4_x64.exe under the allowed apps and features. I've moved folders so many times that now i don't even know where to start anymore. Please help. I miss my game 
  Sad I'm new here. Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Trouble After City Living. Empty Re: Sims 4 Trouble After City Living.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 18:01

ChuckieGrace wrote:Hey I know y'all are probably tired of posts like this I've been trying to fix this problem for weeks but i don't understand. So i'll try to start the game by using the ts4_x64 under program files but i'm getting an error and all it's saying is that the sims 4 has stopped working and that it's trying to find the problem. I've followed the link above and looked on several other posts. I don't really have any antivirus running, I've put the ts4_x64.exe under the allowed apps and features. I've moved folders so many times that now i don't even know where to start anymore. Please help. I miss my game 
  Sad I'm new here. Help

Hello @ChuckieGrace and welcome to the Forum,

As the guide here says under steps #9:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

If you want to use the 64-bit version of the game (TS4_x64.exe), that is only going to work on 64-bit Windows systems, and you should move the install folder of The Sims 4 directly under C:\Program files instead. And not under C:\Program files (x86). It could also be helpful to right-click on the .exe and choose "run as Administrator"
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 18:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
ChuckieGrace wrote:Hey I know y'all are probably tired of posts like this I've been trying to fix this problem for weeks but i don't understand. So i'll try to start the game by using the ts4_x64 under program files but i'm getting an error and all it's saying is that the sims 4 has stopped working and that it's trying to find the problem. I've followed the link above and looked on several other posts. I don't really have any antivirus running, I've put the ts4_x64.exe under the allowed apps and features. I've moved folders so many times that now i don't even know where to start anymore. Please help. I miss my game 
  Sad I'm new here. Help

Hello @ChuckieGrace and welcome to the Forum,

As the guide here says under steps #9:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

If you want to use the 64-bit version of the game (TS4_x64.exe), that is only going to work on 64-bit Windows systems, and you should move the install folder of The Sims 4 directly under C:\Program files instead. And not under C:\Program files (x86). It could also be helpful to right-click on the .exe and choose "run as Administrator"
You can place the install folder anywhere on your computer as long as it is not under Origin Files and not under Electronic Arts.
You can even place it on an external disk or USB-stick and still use the 64-bits windows.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 18:37

Tarac wrote:You can place the install folder anywhere on your computer as long as it is not under Origin Files and not under Electronic Arts.
You can even place it on an external disk or USB-stick and still use the 64-bits windows.

Sure, but this is another "oversimplification" from my part only. The average user is going to try and keep things organized, hence my suggestion. Didn't I say that already before (a few times) ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 19:00

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:You can place the install folder anywhere on your computer as long as it is not under Origin Files and not under Electronic Arts.

Sure, but this is another "oversimplification" from my part only. The average user is going to try and keep things organized, hence my suggestion. Didn't I say that already before (a few times) ?
Yes, you did.

f you want to use the 64-bit version of the game (TS4_x64.exe), that is only going to work on 64-bit Windows systems, and you should move the install folder of The Sims 4 directly under C:\Program files instead. And not under C:\Program files (x86)

But here you describe it as a MUST for putting it directly under Program Files

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 19:26

Tarac wrote:
But here you describe it as a MUST for putting it directly under Program Files

"Should" is semantically not the same as "must", though. Maybe the concept or the nuances of that work differently in your native language, but I acknowledge the point, still. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:45

For some reason i can't post screenshots. So I have the install folder set up under: This PC>Windows C:> Program Files> The sims 4. I have Winrar archives that say setup 1-5 that i haven't unzipped. The folder with the city living files is set up under: This PC> Windows C:>Program Files(x86)> Electronic arts> The sims 4. The game won't run this way.

I tried moving the install folder to desktop and the game won't run this way either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:49

ChuckieGrace wrote:For some reason i can't post screenshots. So I have the install folder set up under: This PC>Windows C:> Program Files> The sims 4. I have Winrar archives that say setup 1-5 that i haven't unzipped. The folder with the city living files is set up under: This PC> Windows C:>Program Files(x86)> Electronic arts> The sims 4. The game won't run this way.

I tried moving the install folder to desktop and the game won't run this way either.
What I understand from your message is that you have 2 different install files.
When you have installed previous DLC's in folder 1, it is abvious that you install new DLC's again in folder 1 and not in a new install folder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:50

ChuckieGrace wrote:For some reason i can't post screenshots. So I have the install folder set up under: This PC>Windows C:> Program Files> The sims 4. I have Winrar archives that say setup 1-5 that i haven't unzipped. The folder with the city living files is set up under: This PC> Windows C:>Program Files(x86)> Electronic arts> The sims 4. The game won't run this way.

Having the install folder on the desktop is also OK (in fact, as @Tarac correctly pointed out, if you want to use the 64-bit executable of the game, you can have the install folder almost anywhere, except under Program files x86).

Did you keep the install order as Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living? See the guide here:
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:57

You can't have':
Basegame installed in folder A
Get to work installed in folder B
Get Together in C
City Living in D.

They should ALL go to just 1 install folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 20:59

Tarac wrote:

What I understand from your message is that you have 2 different install files.
When you have installed previous DLC's in folder 1, it is abvious that you install new DLC's again in folder 1 and not in a new install folder
Do i need the folder under (x86) ? I don't think I've done anything to it besides trying to figure out where it's supposed to go

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 21:04

If the (x86) folder only contains City living and the other folder consists of
Base Game
Get to Work
Get Together

You can then move the files and folders from the (x86) folder to the other folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 21:23

So i moved all the files that the installation guide says to move to the install folder but still no luck. The screen turned black for a bit but still nothing. It's just saying that the sims has stopped working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2017, 21:50

That's how your install folder should look like

Sims 4 Trouble After City Living. Index_orig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 01:11

ok thanks a lot. Looks like im missing Ep01, Fp01, and GP01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 01:12

no nevermind they're there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 01:29

Tarac wrote:That's how your install folder should look like

Sims 4 Trouble After City Living. Index_orig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 02:37

Is it ok to have these extra files in there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 02:40

The setup1 setup2 3,4,5?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:06

No, they don't belong there !
Move them to a sperarate folder on f.e. your desktop and click on Setup (without a number).
They are the installation for Get to Work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 21:30

ok so i moved them to another folder and and went through the setup which gave me the option to repair the sims 4. It took a few minutes but still the game won't start.   DedicatedToLorilihim. I guess I'm going to try to reinstall it?

//EDIT

How should my folders look. I've tried leaving the install folder under program files. Program (x86) and it's currently on the desktop. still not working

//EDIT

Getting the error: Unable to start the contents of your user directory ere created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. please update your game via origin to play

//EDIT

Reinstalling it didn't solve anything

//EDIT

Its working again  Sims 4 Trouble After City Living. 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:38

@ChuckieGrace, when you get the error about the "contents of the user data directory - new version", navigate under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the GameVersion.txt file.

Another tip: click on the "Edit"-button on your post, if you want to update your message.

Was there anything else you needed help with, for now? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2017, 08:36

What did he do to get it working?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top