Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katy Perry DLC ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katy Perry DLC ?  Empty Katy Perry DLC ?

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:01

I need help from people with Katy Perry DLC . I bought all DLCs/Worlds from Origin and my wife got it (The Sims 3) from Steam but she is missing Katy Perry DLC for Steam .

The Sims 3: Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats
steamdb.info/app/223591/info

I copied DLC for her from my files because Origin/Steam files are nearly same . Unluckily Origin version updated to the 1.69 and with launcher changes some important files for game deleted . The Sims 3 on Steam is version 1.67 and still need those files . I have disk copies too . Took that folder from there and implemented it as a temporary fix after a few edits for her but she still need SP6/Game/Bin folder . Because my solution is not optimal even version numbers are wrong . It must be around 2 MB . Could someone upload it ? Thanks .

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Skysect

i.imgur.com/rXjmVgz.png

Back to top Go down

Katy Perry DLC ?  Empty Re: Katy Perry DLC ?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:15

Fasces wrote:I need help from people with Katy Perry DLC . I bought all DLCs/Worlds from Origin and my wife got it (The Sims 3) from Steam but she is missing Katy Perry DLC for Steam .

The Sims 3: Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats
steamdb.info/app/223591/info

I copied DLC for her from my files because Origin/Steam files are nearly same . Unluckily Origin version updated to the 1.69 and with launcher changes some important files for game deleted . The Sims 3 on Steam is version 1.67 and still need those files . I have disk copies too . Took that folder from there and implemented it as a temporary fix after a few edits for her but she still need SP6/Game/Bin folder . Because my solution is not optimal even version numbers are wrong . It must be around 2 MB . Could someone upload it ? Thanks .

mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Skysect

i.imgur.com/rXjmVgz.png

Hello @Fasces and welcome to the Forum,

We get requests like that from time to time, and honestly, I don't know if your "plan" works in the way you envision it. I would normally suggest to you (or your wife) to consider going for a pirated collection of TS3 games straight away, but it appears you made up your mind already about the plan, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Also note please that in general we do not upload individual files/folders for games, because people usually then say "ah, it still doesn't work, could you please upload more files/folders with the name ABC", and it goes on and on like that.

If you want to experiment, you are more than welcome to download a torrent for the Katy Parry DLC, which you can find on the site here, along all other Games4theworld downloads:
http://goo.gl/eHYkI

I'm sorry for not being able to give you a more 'convenient' solution to that issue.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:22

Thanks but I already have all Origin/EADM/Disk versions of the game and DLCs I am specifically looking for Steam one . But really hard to find it . Or nearly impossible .

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:33

Fasces wrote:Thanks but I already have all Origin/EADM/Disk versions of the game and DLCs I am specifically looking for Steam one . But really hard to find it . Or nearly impossible .

I know about those difficulties. The thing is, the Games4theworld-torrents are based on retail (CD/disc)-installer versions of the games, whereas the Steam-versions work differently. For instance, installed Steam games *don't really* show up in the registry or in the Control Panel under "installed programs". 

Even if you torrented that Katy Perry DLC, I'm not sure if you can "implant" it into a Steam installation. I'm not aware of cracked Steam-versions of TS3 either, but feel free to check the torrent networks. Maybe another uploader offers those.

I'm not necessarily saying your idea is 100% futile, but in my experience, it most probably would be more advantageous if you/your wife went for a torrented TS3 compilation, instead.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:41

We have few reasons for Steam version . Because I compiled everything and made a neat repack for her . So she would install everything with  only 1 click , no keys , no diffent disks , no boring installs . Also Steam version is already DRM-free unlike Origin or disk one . So there is no cracks too .

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:54

Fasces wrote:Also Steam version is already DRM-free unlike Origin or disk one . So there is no cracks too .

We do have a crack for our version of TS3 as well, and while I myself have no point of comparison, there were users telling us that the Games4theworld (disc-based) versions work "better" than the Steam version. 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

In the end, the G4TW-version works just fine for me, and as said, if you needed support on the Steam-based versions of the game, I'm afraid we couldn't really help on that end.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Katy Perry DLC ?  Empty Sims 3 Complete store content ?

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:56

I downloaded 2 big complete store content from here for items 1 of them was Simarchitecht's but it seems both of them missing content . For example Mother Russia set . Or am I missing something ? What do you mean with complete store ? I already have worlds . Also some of the downloaded sims3 packages have different size than files on here . Are they updated later ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Jan 2017, 13:14

Fasces wrote:I downloaded 2 big complete store content from here for items 1 of them was Simarchitecht's but it seems both of them missing content . For example Mother Russia set . Or am I missing something ? What do you mean with complete store ? I already have worlds . Also some of the downloaded sims3 packages have different size than files on here . Are they updated later ?

//MERGED

Hello,

I merged your new message to your other thread. Unless you are told otherwise by a Moderator, keep ALL discussions on just one single thread, please.

The instructions included in the G4TW version say, the torrent assumes you have no prior store content installed. The implication (in case it wasn't clear) is, that the primary audience for the torrent are NEW users. Users who have no store content whatsoever installed. And the torrent is complete "to the best of my knowledge". Still you may possibly find a thing or two missing. But probably not much more. That said, the torrent was intended to supplement the collection of the items on the site here:
http://goo.gl/Qtbdt

But since the site isn't completed yet, we came up with the torrent. Any items missing from the torrent will be added in some form, either on the site I linked to, or on a different filehoster. The reason in difference between filesizes in .sims3pack files, is because we (G4TW) use "decrapified" files. These are unlocked, in the sense that they become usable in cracked TS3 games. I'm not sure if that is what you wanted to know, but feel free to clarify your concern(s) more, if needed.

Also, I can't say much about Sim Architect's torrent, since he is not associated anymore with G4TW, and I never downloaded it myself. The torrent from G4TW was created using the stuff from "rachelstoolbox" and a number of individual .sims3pack files.

Sorry if you don't like the G4TW torrent, because you really find anything missing from it. But please take the situation as it is.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2017, 16:21

I didn't know this . Then how I could find original files ?

//EDIT

Another question :

What is the function of TS3SPXX.exe , TS3EPXX.exe , skuversion.txt , Sims3Launcher.exe , Sims3SPXXGDF.dll , Sims3EPXXGDF.dll , GraphicsRules.sgr in each expansion's Game\Bin folder ? Only Default.ini seems useful to me . There is some configuration info and launcher shows 0.0.0.0 for version number without it . Others are probably obsolete . They are already deleted with new launcher even Default.ini too . Because new launcher on Origin don't show any version numbers for expansions .

Soo my final conclusion is it's completely cosmetic . Because even without that folder everything working fine . I deleted all files from expansions except Default.ini and nothing seems wrong yet .

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Jan 2017, 19:06

Fasces wrote:I didn't know this . Then how I could find original files ?

//EDIT

Another question :

What is the function of TS3SPXX.exe , TS3EPXX.exe , skuversion.txt , Sims3Launcher.exe , Sims3SPXXGDF.dll , Sims3EPXXGDF.dll , GraphicsRules.sgr in each expansion's Game\Bin folder ? Only Default.ini seems useful to me . There is some configuration info and launcher shows 0.0.0.0 for version number without it . Others are probably obsolete . They are already deleted with new launcher even Default.ini too . Because new launcher on Origin don't show any version numbers for expansions .

Soo my final conclusion is it's completely cosmetic . Because even without that folder everything working fine . I deleted all files from expansions except Default.ini and nothing seems wrong yet .

Hello again,

The original rachelstoolbox-torrent that I myself got back then (in mid-2014 or so), had "original" .sims3pack files included. But then again, if I am not totally mistaken, you can use decrapified/unlocked .sims3pack files on legit Sims 3 games as well, but you also need to install these store fixes, which are included in the complete store torrent from G4TW. 

If you are in need of original .sims3pack files, I'm afraid we can't help with that either.

About the other question, I think back in the days you could start the game, or at least the launcher, of The Sims 3, with the .exe files in the Game\Bin folders of the expansions. But nowadays they have become obsolete. Also, you shouldn't tamper with game files unless you know what you are doing (and make a backup before tampering). But I think you knew that already, and in case of Origin/Steam-based versions of The Sims 3, you could right-click on the game in the library and run a file integrity/repair check, which should normally fix the problem if you accidentally deleted or modified something. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2017, 19:54

So what happened to the "The original rachelstoolbox-torrent" could you send something from PM ? I really need them . Those packages are nice . Downloading them piece by piece is really bizarre . I wanted to original files because game already not working as stable . Don't want to deal with 3rd party solutions . Anyways I appreciate those efforts . Because still many players playing this game with cracks .

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jan 2017, 01:50

Fasces wrote:So what happened to the "The original rachelstoolbox-torrent" could you send something from PM ? 

Good question. I actually found the torrent on an old TPB-mirror site. I tried loading it into my torrent client, but no luck, as of right now it appears to be a dead torrent. But feel free to try it yourself; maybe I'm just not waiting long enough.

Arrow  Magnet link

Personally, I doubt the cracked store content is the cause of your issues, but then again, who (really) knows? Good luck anyways! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 05:38

It seems I found it too saying from May 2014 there is 3 version of each files . But still MD5 hashes different than my files and they are giving update your game error . Weirdly file sizes are matching . So what is the problem with those files ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:53

Fasces wrote:But still MD5 hashes different than my files and they are giving update your game error.

The MD5 hashes are different compared to...what exactly? The G4TW download (of course) is kind of different from the original rachelstoolbox. It is smaller, and it doesn't contain .sims3pack files, apart from the worlds.

The "original" .sims3pack files should work on legit games, so I don't know what may be wrong on your end.

I re-read again the foregoing discussion and...what exactly was the issue you were having with the G4TW store torrent (apart from you thinking a few items could be missing)?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 20:17

For speaking about G4TW content seems some of the content missing . But generally some of the tech guys saying don't use decrapped content or keep the original ones on your hand as a backup . for MD5's I am speaking about rachel's torrent . Their file size's are same with my original ones . But hashes different . And giving update your game error with my original game .

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jan 2017, 20:31

Fasces wrote:But generally some of the tech guys saying don't use decrapped content or keep the original ones on your hand as a backup.

I've been using decrapped content for many years now with no issues. I couldn't even use the original .sims3pack files myself, because on my cracked TS3 I can't install them (I end up with the same error message about "updating the game" in the launcher).

It's also well-known that in the general public sphere, cracked game content is always discredited as being virus-laden or at least non-functional.

As for the issue, I'm afraid we're again in a deadlock. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 21:32

That is really weird both Steam and Origin version giving the same error . I don't know what to do I is confused

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Jan 2017, 15:49

Fasces wrote:That is really weird both Steam and Origin version giving the same error . I don't know what to do I is confused

Sorry for the late reply,

You also have the option to decrapify individual .sims3pack files, see this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5933-how-to-decrapify-a-sims3pack-file-and-avoid-the-please-update-game-launcher-error

Other than that...if you absolutely want to have store content, and not pay for it, you'll have to make compromises I'm afraid.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top