Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP! Empty HELP!

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2011, 18:03

I've installed The sims 3 base, generations, fast lane, high end loft, outdoor living, and town life, could this affect the performance of the game 'coz till now i'm experiecing the lags and freezing of the sims character. I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall the game, deleted the mods and lower the resolution of the game but nothing has change with the performance. I've passed the can you run it test.I don't know what else to do. I' Help Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

HELP! Empty Re: HELP!

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2011, 18:19

Well maybe ur computer isn't powerfull enough... but I had some problems with outdoor living and tovn life... so maybe one of the games is doing this

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 29 Oct 2011, 18:41

Hello,

Did you try removing ALL of your Mods and Custom Content? That should fix a lot of issues.
If that didn't help, try ALL of these possible fixes: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-28-10-2011

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 02:02

I've tried the fixes already. yup i deleted all the mods and nothing has change. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 02:28

Admin wrote:Hello,

Did you try removing ALL of your Mods and Custom Content? That should fix a lot of issues.
If that didn't help, try ALL of these possible fixes: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-28-10-2011

Good luck!

do you experience lags too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 03:44

What is your system specs? and what are your settings in the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 04:49

2gb ram
64-bit operating system
dual core 2.80ghz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 04:50

just windows mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 04:56

Is your system XP, vista or 7 ?, if it's vista your 2gb of ram might not be enough.

what are your graphical ingame settings in the options menu?
also do you have any cc content other than mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 05:18

windows 7. I take the test here http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ and it says that i pass the system requirements of the sims 3. the only mods i have is the mods from the store updates. I think i don't have any cc because i don't download any other file aside from those installers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 05:43

Did you run the test on just the base game or all the ep aswell?

each sp or ep adds more demand to your system when you play the game, as there is more to load, that also means that the other sims in town have more things to do.

2 things to try, play the game with all the settings on the lowest or,
install each sp or ep at a time and play the game for abit, if you don't experience lag install the next one, until you start to experience the lag/ the sim freezing, that it most likely your systems limit.

Last edited by BlackDiamond76 on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 05:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 05:55

oh! Before i install the sims 3 high end loft I'm not having lag. I was just thinking of it too. That installing updates are the reasons why i'm experiencing the lags.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 06:08

I have no idea if its the updates or not, i have the latest update and don't experience any lag, only Sims freezing for a couple of seconds which only happens when they need to change outfits (sleeping, taking a bath or shower or going to work).

if you are gonna try installing them one at a time you could try without any updates, though i don't think the instillation continues if you say no to the updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 06:15

may i know your specs? what are your expansions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 06:27

Acer M464 - Vista Business SP2 32bit
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz Q6600
4GB of RAM
Geforce 7050/nForce 630i

Base, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Design and Hi-Tech Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 06:42

mine is just
dual core E550 2.80ghz
geforce 9500
2gb ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 06:47

Is your video card 256mb or 512mb ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 06:51

512mb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 06:59

Hmmm it seems very weird that my system specs are lower than yours but your experiencing lag scratch also my pc is built as a workstation lol. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 07:05

ow. thats weird. i'll try to uninstall and reintall later. brb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 07:18

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 30 Oct 2011, 09:17

BlackDiamond76 wrote:Hmmm it seems very weird that my system specs are lower than yours but your experiencing lag scratch also my pc is built as a workstation lol. Razz

Do you want to know something really weird? I'm not experiencing a whole lot of lag, nothing too annoying anyway. Only when they're changing clothes and such. I'm playing with all settings set to medium by the way. And in fullscreen mode (though I did play in windowed mode for a while). With all the expansions and stuff packs, all store items and a bunch of mods. And my CPU doesn't even meet all the requirements for the basegame. My specs are here. Anyway, I barely meet the system requirements and yet the only thing I could complain about is that loading the game takes a ridiculously long time. I'm looking at 5-10 minutes to completely load up, saving the game or loading a vacation spot takes even longer. I can't play Bridgeport and I shouldn't have more than 3 save games but hey I really can't complain.
And yet people with much faster/better pc's are experiencing all these problems.
Anyway, I would close all non essential applications, including antivirus, for the duration of your game play to see if that makes a difference at all, experiment with other settings like screen resolution, windowed/fullscreen mode, quality settings.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 16:51

Atleast you have a higher video card than me Razz im still surprised i can play the sims 3 and i havent had the blue screen of death yet, only thing i have atm is my pets having no fur/fluff, but thats my cards fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:18

BlackDiamond76 wrote:Atleast you have a higher video card than me Razz im still surprised i can play the sims 3 and i havent had the blue screen of death yet, only thing i have atm is my pets having no fur/fluff, but thats my cards fault.

I was confident I could use the base game and at first I only added a few expansionpacks but that wont do for me. I really think its my videocard that saved the day, bought it a couple of years ago.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)