Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Updated Comprehensive Guide on how to download on Mac

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Updated Comprehensive Guide on how to download on Mac Empty An Updated Comprehensive Guide on how to download on Mac

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 07:47

So. I'm probably on my 6th re-install now, and I'm pretty sure it isn't going to work this time around. A few months ago I got the base game, generations, and night life to work on my computer, but since then a few extensions have come out, and I want to get TS3 on a new mac that I just got. But it just isn't working. I've probably gotten every single error in the book. from the no CD error, to the 0x039e8474 error. At first I was thinking I'd like to just have the three, TS3, G, and NL, but I thought I'd be ambitious and go for all of them since I have a pretty fast processor, and plenty of space on my HD.

So I'm looking for the correct way to install everything from start to finish on a mac, and once I get it right I'll make a flow-chart for people. The trouble is that there is some conflicting information from the various .pdf files and .rtf files that are included with G4TW .rar files and such.

I downloaded my Base Game from PB, the RELOADED version. I applied -that- user's cracks for just the base game and I was able to play the game smoothly. So that's where I started. Then I moved onto downloading NL, per the instructions in Dale's .pdf, and once I updated, I applied the cracks, but then I got the error about needing to be debugged and couldn't get any further.

Nothing against your Base Game, Dale, but I couldn't really figure out how to download it all, with those 10 files. I figured if I had a base game that I've already figured out how to work, the rest would be fine. If worse comes to worse I'll figure out how to dl it.

I have a feeling this is going to be a process...

EDIT--

So, the two sources where I'm drawing inspiration are:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2341-the-sims-3-pets-step-by-step-installation-with-fixes

and

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1234p20-best-clean-installation-order-for-mac-solved

The trouble with the first link is that it's solely focused on dl'ing Pets, and doesn't have any info on the other extensions and what order to dl them in, and what order to apply the cracks, and what order to do the updates.

The trouble with the second link is that.... it ends with Dale's file download...

I'm waiting to finish downloading the last of the extensions off PB form G4TW: Ambitions, HEL, FLS, and OLS. And then I'll try this all again. 500k/s. I'll probably have everything downloaded by the day after tomorrow... be back then.

Last edited by georgoil on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 08:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 7th attempt didn't work, I need some time to rest...)

Back to top Go down

An Updated Comprehensive Guide on how to download on Mac Empty Re: An Updated Comprehensive Guide on how to download on Mac

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 18:37

Hey! Thanks. I tried it again this morning, 1. Base Game, no cracks applied 2. Install NL, no cracks applied 3. Update TS3 4. Apply cracks and then I got the 0x039e8474 error So I'll be downloading your version tonight. My question, then is what to do if I want all the extensions. What order to do them in. The most confusing thing to me has been the balance between doing the updates, and doing the cracks. Here's my plan. Correct it as you see fit. I wont be ready to do this for a day or so.

1. Install your Base Game
2. Do Not Apply Crack
3. Install NL
4. Do Not Apply Crack
5. Download OLS, HELS, FLS, WAE, and Ambitions, in that order, though I don't think it matters. And I -wont- apply any cracks after each install.
6. Then I'll Install Generations and Town Life Stuff.
7. Then I crack the Base Game folder with the .exe and .dll file from the Generations folder in the Ultimate fix .rar file.
8. Then I open TS3 Launcher and Update -everything-
9. Then I will patch TS3 with the 1.27.5 patch that was mentioned in the post about how to install Pets on a mac
10. Then install Pets
11. Then I will put the crack from the Pets folder in Ultimate Fix .rar file, into the base game's Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ folder.

And -then- I should be able to play the entire game. Correct? I have a pretty good idea that that list will -not- work. I feel like I should update TS3 a few more times in there, or that I should be applying the cracks after each install. Anyone have any ideas?

Back to top Go down

An Updated Comprehensive Guide on how to download on Mac Empty Re: An Updated Comprehensive Guide on how to download on Mac

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 21:46

Basically, when ever I've done it, I've just installed them in what ever order, then updated the latest expansion installed, then applied the crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 06:19

So, it sounds like your suggestion, then, would be this process.

1. Install Base Game
2. Install all other extensions and stuff packs in whatever order (including the -fixed- version of the Pets torrent)
3. Update game to latest version in TS3 Launcher window.
4. Apply crack.

Just 2 questions. Which Crack are you referring to? When I open up the Ultimate Fix, there are lots of folders, and I'm not sure what the difference between all of them exactly is. Would I apply the crack for the base game? for generations? Which one.

Second question is, do you think that process will work with the Pets extension? I shouldn't worry about the other 1.27.5 patch, so long as I have the fixed version of pets?

Sorry, I can be a little meticulous. Thank you for all your help and this awesome resource, btw!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2011, 04:27

Well, I've downloaded -everything- and I'm ready to get started with everything. So I tried concatenating the 5 files together and I get the result described in this thread

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1997-how-does-the-new-sims-3-dmg-file-work

So, I'll be trying some different variations with the RELOADED version I have already, and I'm thinking about trying to bring over my working version from my other computer. But it would be cool if the issue with that could get figured out. Maybe if you made a torrent for the file instead?

Thanks again. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 Nov 2011, 14:45

georgoil wrote:Well, I've downloaded -everything- and I'm ready to get started with everything. So I tried concatenating the 5 files together and I get the result described in this thread

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1997-how-does-the-new-sims-3-dmg-file-work

So, I'll be trying some different variations with the RELOADED version I have already, and I'm thinking about trying to bring over my working version from my other computer. But it would be cool if the issue with that could get figured out. Maybe if you made a torrent for the file instead?

Thanks again. Smile
Hello,

That's possible, but I'm afraid there won't be a lot of seeders and most people will just hit 'n run, which is not working.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 04:14

Georgoll i believe i am able to help.. i have found a super easy way to install the base game.. without doing much at all...
Also this version of the base game... allowed me to install several expansion packs.. and made the game work PERFECTLY

INSTALLING BASE GAME:
Step 1- Go to the following Link:http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5061019/The_Sims_3_%28Mac__cracked (Download cracked app)
STEP 2: Use this link to download the sims 3 base game.. has instructions its a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti0galgEKA0
Step 3: (Using your own rules you created)
Install all other extensions and stuff packs in whatever order (including the -fixed- version of the Pets torrent)
Step 4:Update game to latest version in TS3 Launcher window.
Step 5:. Apply crack.( The crack that i am talking about is the one that allows you to play you game which is the #Crack Folder which contains the pets, town generations etc.. and then in that folder is the two files.. Copy those then go to..to the base game's Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ folder.) BTW MAKE SURE ITS THE BASE GAME NOT THE EXPANSION PACK.. I can write a deeper guide if anyone else needs help...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 06 Dec 2011, 21:53

Crazyjay321 wrote:Georgoll i believe i am able to help.. i have found a super easy way to install the base game.. without doing much at all...
Also this version of the base game... allowed me to install several expansion packs.. and made the game work PERFECTLY

INSTALLING BASE GAME:
Step 1- Go to the following Link:http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5061019/The_Sims_3_%28Mac__cracked (Download cracked app)
STEP 2: Use this link to download the sims 3 base game.. has instructions its a youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti0galgEKA0
Step 3: (Using your own rules you created)
Install all other extensions and stuff packs in whatever order (including the -fixed- version of the Pets torrent)
Step 4:Update game to latest version in TS3 Launcher window.
Step 5:. Apply crack.( The crack that i am talking about is the one that allows you to play you game which is the #Crack Folder which contains the pets, town generations etc.. and then in that folder is the two files.. Copy those then go to..to the base game's Contents/Resources/trangaming/c_Drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ folder.) BTW MAKE SURE ITS THE BASE GAME NOT THE EXPANSION PACK.. I can write a deeper guide if anyone else needs help...
Hello,

If you could post a guide in the Mac section, I can make it a sticky post, so everyone can see it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 22:46

You got it Admin give me about 2-3 dats i can make a easily good understandable guide.

//EDIT

Forget the 2 and 3 days its done Admin. Heres the title for it so you can sticky it for everyone else to see
Easy Method of installing Sims 3 Base Game+Expansions Mac Guide

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top