Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I install worlds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I install worlds? Empty How do I install worlds?

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 01:18

Hi!

Okay, so I tried downloading and installing the Roaring Heights world, however, it is not showing up in my game. I have version 1.67, and the launcher says it is installed, but it appears as an object. I know where to find the guides, but can someone here dumb them down for me? Because I just want to play this world but nothing's working  Why God.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

How do I install worlds? Empty Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 10 Feb 2017, 11:53

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Could be caused by the caches, you can clear them manually, that is, deleting them all one by one. But it's probably quicker to start with a "clean folder" and try again. You can do that by renaming the folder "The Sims 3" in Documents\Electronic Arts. Then, start the launcher to generate a new folder. Put Roaring Heights in the new "Downloads" folder, along with any other sims3packs, and try installing them again.
If that works, you can copy your saves and mods (if you have any) from the old (renamed)  folder into the new one.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 15:50

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
Could be caused by the caches, you can clear them manually, that is, deleting them all one by one. But it's probably quicker to start with a "clean folder" and try again. You can do that by renaming the folder "The Sims 3" in Documents\Electronic Arts. Then, start the launcher to generate a new folder. Put Roaring Heights in the new "Downloads" folder, along with any other sims3packs, and try installing them again.
If that works, you can copy your saves and mods (if you have any) from the old (renamed)  folder into the new one.
I did that, installed the storefix first, then installed roaring heights but it still says it's an object in my launcher. No other cc/downloads except the boardwalk set.

Nevermind, it's showing up! Now I'm gonna put my own CC in, let's see where it goes wrong  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 17:20

Okay, I can play Roaring Heights now, but a lot of lots are missing, like the stadium, the rollercoaster park and such. How do I fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 10 Feb 2017, 19:08

Hello again,

You can find those in your "lots" bin in "Edit Town" mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 19:52

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello again,

You can find those in your "lots" bin in "Edit Town" mode.
They aren't there!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Feb 2017, 01:47

Needsimshelpplease wrote:They aren't there!

The Rollercoaster is part of a different set, and not included in the .sims3pack of Roaring Heights. On the download server there should be a link for a "Boardwalk Set", which you should download and install for the Rollecoaster.

I'm not sure though if there is also a link for that big stadium. Isn't that included when you install the "Showtime" expansion though?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2017, 02:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Needsimshelpplease wrote:They aren't there!

The Rollercoaster is part of a different set, and not included in the .sims3pack of Roaring Heights. On the download server there should be a link for a "Boardwalk Set", which you should download and install for the Rollecoaster.

I'm not sure though if there is also a link for that big stadium. Isn't that included when you install the "Showtime" expansion though?
Both were installed, yet it didn't show up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top