Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyrim?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skyrim? Empty Skyrim?

Post by Admin Sun 25 Dec 2011, 11:47

Hi everyone,

So, I was wondering... why is everyone so much into Skyrim? It even beat Modern Warfare 3 in the Steam "Most sold" list. And now, it's on #1, since it's in sale -33%.
So, what's the magic behind Skyrim?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Skyrim? Empty Re: Skyrim?

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jan 2012, 14:59

No idea. I wonder too- since my cousin plays it more than MW3, MW2, COD BO, some racegames and even WOW and minecraft. I don't think my laptop can manage it :s

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 07 Jan 2012, 15:40

Hello,
I got into the Elder Scrolls series with MorrowinD in 2002 and I haven't been able to find any adventure/rpg equal to it. Naturally I had to have Oblivion in 2006.
Me, I'm a true pirate. I only have a handful of store bought games, but as you can see in my profile, I have played much more than a handful of games. But to me, the Elder scrolls series is so totally immersive and it has brought me so many hours of gameplay that I have bought both MorrowinD and Oblivion and I will do the same with Skyrim. I don't even have to read a review, or play a demo, or download the game to try it before I buy it. I just know I'm going to love Skyrim as much as I did MorrowinD and Oblivion.
And why? because the game allows you to be yourself in every aspect possible. The possibilities when developing your character are endless. The amount of quests are endless. Quests you can all do in your own sweet time I may add, and there's much, much more to the game than just the main quest. The storylines are amazing and continuous.
What happened in the first Elder Scrolls game Arena, can be read about in history books found in Oblivion, you can hear NPC's discussing these things.
You can play without ever shedding any blood, a peaceful merchant or a thief who sneaks his way in or out of everything, or you could be a merciless assassin, a sorcerer, a warrior, you could be bad or good and NPC's respond to you accordingly.
But with Elder Scrolls, it does appear that you either love it or hate it. Some people think the game is much too complicated. Me, I like The Sims, but I love The Elder Scrolls.
Admin do me a favour, just get Oblivion and see for yourself. I'm interested to find out what you think.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 07 Jan 2012, 17:28

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
I got into the Elder Scrolls series with MorrowinD in 2002 and I haven't been able to find any adventure/rpg equal to it. Naturally I had to have Oblivion in 2006.
Me, I'm a true pirate. I only have a handful of store bought games, but as you can see in my profile, I have played much more than a handful of games. But to me, the Elder scrolls series is so totally immersive and it has brought me so many hours of gameplay that I have bought both MorrowinD and Oblivion and I will do the same with Skyrim. I don't even have to read a review, or play a demo, or download the game to try it before I buy it. I just know I'm going to love Skyrim as much as I did MorrowinD and Oblivion.
And why? because the game allows you to be yourself in every aspect possible. The possibilities when developing your character are endless. The amount of quests are endless. Quests you can all do in your own sweet time I may add, and there's much, much more to the game than just the main quest. The storylines are amazing and continuous.
What happened in the first Elder Scrolls game Arena, can be read about in history books found in Oblivion, you can hear NPC's discussing these things.
You can play without ever shedding any blood, a peaceful merchant or a thief who sneaks his way in or out of everything, or you could be a merciless assassin, a sorcerer, a warrior, you could be bad or good and NPC's respond to you accordingly.
But with Elder Scrolls, it does appear that you either love it or hate it. Some people think the game is much too complicated. Me, I like The Sims, but I love The Elder Scrolls.
Admin do me a favour, just get Oblivion and see for yourself. I'm interested to find out what you think.
Lady ElDi,

Thank you for the information. Sounds something like GTA IV. Not the gameplay, but the open-world thing, right?
Oblivion is like the first Elder Scrolls game? The titles confuse me.

So, Lady ElDi, you used to be a true pirate, but then you took an arrow to the knee?
Ok, bad joke.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 07 Jan 2012, 17:34

LOL

Something like that.
No Oblivion is the 4th title, MorrowinD is the 3rd. I never played Arena and Daggerfall though I do have them downloaded as freeware.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 07 Jan 2012, 17:40

Lady ElDi wrote:LOL

Something like that.
No Oblivion is the 4th title, MorrowinD is the 3rd. I never played Arena and Daggerfall though I do have them downloaded as freeware.
Hehe, ok, so after Oblivion comes Skyrim?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 23:30

I had over 397 hours for Morrowind, 172 hours for Oblivion and 264 hours so far for Skyrim lol I can't wait for "Elder Scrolls Online", which is TES MMORPG. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 27 May 2012, 08:21

Hello,

I've just started a new game on Oblivion myself. I'll have to do something while I wait and I'm a little tired of The Sims for the moment. I get that from time to time.

I'm not sure I'd be interested in playing Elder Scrolls online. I imagine the features I love so much will suffer. But I'm sure I'll try the demo.
I was tempted by WoW at the time, but it just seems like a big investment for someone like me. I tend to be into a game for a couple of weeks, then get bored with it for a while and play something else. After some time I pick up where I left off.

Besides I don't have a lot of time these days. I used to be able to play all evening and all weekend if I wanted to. There's just not as much time with 2 kids and a hubby who'd like to spend time together when he's home from work. He doesn't mind watching me play a game from time to time, but we usually watch something on tv or the monitor.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)