Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Download from ZLOrigin won't start

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Download from ZLOrigin won't start Empty Download from ZLOrigin won't start

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 05:05

I have followed every step on the guide, and everything seemed to be fine until I tried to actually download The Sims 4, as stated in the guide. When I click on "download", it stays stuck on "preparing download" for about a minute or 2, and then, it shows this error: 

ZLOrigin made easy - Download from ZLOrigin won't start Tumblr_inline_opo0gfXiaP1qbrkko_540

I have tried several times now, I tried earlier and then waited a few hours to see if it was something temporarily, but it still gives me the same error. Does anyone know how to fix this, please? I was so excited to play the new DLCs.

*UPDATE* 
This error also appears: 
ZLOrigin made easy - Download from ZLOrigin won't start Tumblr_inline_opo1cqgMzP1qbrkko_540

Last edited by aimeemartinezj on Tue 09 May 2017, 05:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update post)

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Download from ZLOrigin won't start Empty Re: Download from ZLOrigin won't start

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 05:35

same happening for me all day. i'm pretty sure the server is overloaded bc of all the people trying to download the game Smile i'm gonna wait until early morning and see if i have better luck.

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - Download from ZLOrigin won't start Empty Re: Download from ZLOrigin won't start

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 11:30

Same here, I don't believe it's the server because a lot of people downloaded the game and I got this error all the time. Let us know if you get this solved, please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 13:26

ZLOrigin made easy - Download from ZLOrigin won't start G4tw10
me too, keep getting this error, have checked my internet connection and thats fine. any advice anybody?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 15:50

I got the exact same problem, I've been trying for 3 hours to find solutions but nothing worked... Meh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 16:39

Voxyn wrote:I got the exact same problem, I've been trying for 3 hours to find solutions but nothing worked... Meh.

People, please, please, please, do not start threads all over the place.
Go back to the MANUAL press F5 to get the latest version and read carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 17:06

We did, Tarac, but its not saying anything about this issue from what I understood.
That connection error that you mention is about accounts not matching, right? It's not the case, I can connect to ZClient, connect to Zorigin, it's all good.

But when you try to download the game and the packs, bam...dang error. I checked the firewall, antivirus, windows defender, restarted the computer, the internet, ran as admin, reinstalled, flushed the dns, you name it, I'm a try hard lol.

Now my download started, but it pauses with the same error. It's something, at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 17:14

Well, judging from the statistics of my webpage alone, some 5000 or more are trying to download the Sims 4 files.
So yes, maybe the ZLorigin site can't cope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 17:20

That's a lot, for sure! Agreed. I'm glad it's not a problem in my end, at least. It should solve soon. Thanks ☺

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 17:31

Adingz wrote:That's a lot, for sure! Agreed. I'm glad it's not a problem in my end, at least. It should solve soon. Thanks ☺
Since the manual the total is 6442  (4645 yesterday, 1797 today) and counting.
However, I just tried ,just for fun,to download Battlefiled 4 from the available My Games list in ZLOrigin and that goes smoothly. (Maybe different server though)

ZLOrigin made easy - Download from ZLOrigin won't start Battlefield_orig

Now already on 75%
Everything went smooth but halfway expansion 7 of 9 the downloadingspeed reduced to practically zero.(3 of 5 GB)
Had already over 50 GB done.

Last edited by Tarac on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:05; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 17:46

6000 souls in torment waiting for toddlers lol

We should probably try again later. I managed to download 20% of the base game, at my average download speed with no problem until it paused and I got this error again. Now my packs are queued, I think we will get this working when the traffic lowers.

But that's odd! We can't choose the server, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 19:51

I was having the same problem a while ago. Here are possible fixes for this:

-Go to C:\Program Files (x86) or wherever ZLOrigin is installed then create a folder named ZLOriginGames (don't know if this actually makes a difference)

-Exit all running programs including ZLClient and ZLOrigin then try again.

-Temporarily turn off your antivirus.

-Restart your computer.

If these doesn't work, the servers are probably overloaded. Try again in a few hours.

Last edited by MaxisPC on Tue 09 May 2017, 19:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more tips)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 22:22

I have been having this issue since before a ton of people were trying to download, haven't been able to find a fix. It doesn't have to do with the server being overloaded, I know that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 22:28

Maybe you should check your zclient credentials.
But, I was downloading Battlefield 4 and that also stopped after having downloaed already more than 50 GB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 22:33

when I had this issue, I opened task manager, closed zclient, started it back up and signed back in, tried again, and it worked just fine after that for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 23:40

Tarac wrote:Maybe you should check your zclient credentials.
But, I was downloading Battlefield 4 and that also stopped after having downloaed already more than 50 GB.
It connects and authenticates fine. I also tried downloading other games, but get the same errors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 May 2017, 23:43

professorchaos wrote:
Tarac wrote:Maybe you should check your zclient credentials.
It connects and authenticates fine. I also tried downloading other games, but get the same errors.

I'm having exactly the same problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 10:42

What might help:
Delete ZLOrigin and install a new

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 12:52

I can't even get Zorigin to work it says I have to be online the first time I log in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 12:57

Have you ever started ZClient as an Administrator and allowed the certificate for the firewall ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 13:00

yes I did that before I even tried to open ZOrigin now the window looks like this every time I try to open itZLOrigin made easy - Download from ZLOrigin won't start Wtf10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 13:03

I only had this when my zclient details did not match those of zloemu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 13:04

well I made sure they matched I went back and logged in with the info I used on the zclient and it let me have the authorization pop up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 13:13

Have you ever removed ZLOrigin ?
If yes, I hope you didn't do that by deleting the folder ZLOrigin in Program Files (x86) !

Correct way of removing:
Go to the above mentioned folder
Search for uninstall000.exe - as you can see it's a Zclient file.
Doubleclick on it.
When removed, you'll see that there are 3 files left in the folder.
1 of these is ZUpdaterx32.dll
Leave these in and re-install ZLOrigin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 May 2017, 13:41

this is the first time I have gotten Zorigin I think

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top