Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't download CC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't download CC? Empty Can't download CC?

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 12:47

Hello, I would like to ask for help on a certain topic of mine.
When I downloaded the Sims 4, it came with the mods folder and everything, and when I downloaded the mods as instructed, they appeared in the starting screen of my Sims 4 game like it was supposed to. I wanted to activate the mods, however, I could only find the button that enabled script mods and not the normal sort of mods, as it seemed that my game had no option to turn the normal mods on.
I tried reinstalling the game, but that didnt work either. Please help.

Back to top Go down

Can't download CC? Empty Re: Can't download CC?

Post by Guest Sat 20 May 2017, 17:52

Hi! What mods are you talking about? Usually once you tick the script mods & CC + other mods check box, the mods itself should be working. If your CCs are showing up, means that it's been checked. 

Unfortunately, I only have scripted mods for my games so I'm not sure about the other mods. Though is some cases it might be because of version incompatibility. What mods are you trying to activate? Maybe I can download them and test as well. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 17:51

The problem is that I dont have a box to tick to activate the other mods. Thus, they will never be activated. And I usually just download any random hair or makeup content I find from the Sims resource.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 18:11

KabiiKon wrote:The problem is that I dont have a box to tick to activate the other mods. Thus, they will never be activated. And I usually just download any random hair or makeup content I find from the Sims resource.

Try to move the options.ini inside your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to desktop or others and start the game. The mods pop-up should appear. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 11:16

Sadly, that didnt seem to work either. The game seems to register the mods, as the mods list will pop up, however, there is no button in the game that allows me to activate the mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 11:36

If you want an image, I have one.
Can't download CC? Whatsa10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 12:42

Okay, first of all untick the 4 ticked options concerning online access. There should be an option called advanced. I think thats where the scriptmods need to be activated. Not 100% sure though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 15:04

Loonieloose wrote:Okay, first of all untick the 4 ticked options concerning online access. There should be an option called advanced. I think thats where the scriptmods need to be activated. Not 100% sure though.
I'm not trying to activate script mods though. I'm trying to activate just the normal mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 17:36

You don't need to activate the non-script CC. Just put them in the mods folder (and not a billion sub-folders deep) and they'll be right there in your game.

Last edited by Dead Sim on Wed 31 May 2017, 17:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 15:14

Can't download CC? Screen12

The above is my mods folder. You can actually just do a sub-folder for your mods to organize it easily. Check your resource.cfg. Sometimes it's empty. Or sometimes it's missing things. Mine look similar to this:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Also, you've mentioned the game 'registered' the mods, meaning the mod list shows up on start-up screen, right? So, if let's say you download a hair content, would it appear in the CAS even without checking the box?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum