Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get back old households from before clean install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get back old households from before clean install Empty Get back old households from before clean install

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 20:14

Hello! After a bit of lurking and problem solving such as for the never ending loading screen upon loading households and then being sent back to the "select world" screen, I now have a working Sims 4 game, as far as I am aware of. My current problem now is how I get back all my old saves and households since before my clean install of the whole game in order to make this work. How do I get back my old households and saves? It would be a pain to never have them back. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd I made sure to make a backup copy of "saves" and the "tray" folders in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 before I uninstalled the whole game.

Back to top Go down

Get back old households from before clean install Empty Re: Get back old households from before clean install

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 01:45

If you have a backup, simply put them back into your game, (I made sure to make a backup copy of "saves" and the "tray" folders in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 )  where did you put the back up? )

Back to top Go down

Get back old households from before clean install Empty Re: Get back old households from before clean install

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 13:02

I put my backup in a folder on my desktop until I got the game running smoothly, I also tried to copy and replace the old "save" and "tray" folders but this seems to not have been working as I cannot find my old saves OR my old households anywhere in-game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 17:13

Radclix wrote:I put my backup in a folder on my desktop until I got the game running smoothly, I also tried to copy and replace the old "save" and "tray" folders but this seems to not have been working as I cannot find my old saves OR my old households anywhere in-game.

If you click on the load button in-game, does any of the households show up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top