Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes no matter what. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes no matter what. [SOLVED] Empty Game crashes no matter what. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 18:47

Can someone help me? The game crashes no matter what and I'm pretty sure I have it installed correctly. I notice when I put the graphics on ultra it tends to crash more. I have a GTX 970 so I don't see why there would be an issue there....

My legitimate copy of TS4 plays the game 100% fine with the graphics on ultra. 

After talking with someone on The Sims Forums I decided to move G4TW Sims 4 to another hard drive and play it from there, and I did notice I can play a little longer before the game crashes but it still crashes. Can someone please help me?

All my drivers are up to date
In the past I used an AMD 6670, and a GTX 750 ti.... All with the same crashing issue.
Only thing I can think is that my processor is an Intel G2030 (I know it sucks but... I cannot upgrade it yet)

Back to top Go down

Game crashes no matter what. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes no matter what. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 19:09

First of all check if the Sims 4 has recognized your graphics device.
Go to Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Open the file config.log
Scroll down to

=== Graphics device info ===
Number:          0
Name (driver):   NVIDIA GeForce 315
Name (database): GeForce G 315 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor:          NVIDIA
Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 0a22, Board: 1141174b, Chipset: 00a2
Driver:          nvd3dumx.dll, Version: 21.21.13.4201, GUID: D7B71E3E-4962-11CF-9264-4C3118C2D835

Here you can see that my graphics card NVIDIA Geforce G315 is found (1) and Supported (1)
If any of these shows 0 we'll have to make some adjustments in the files GraphicCards.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr which can be found in your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
So post the details of the Chipset Vendor and Device  (in my example 10de and 0a22) and full name of the graphics device

Back to top Go down

Game crashes no matter what. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes no matter what. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 19:11

Tarac wrote:First of all check if the Sims 4 has recognized your graphics device.
Go to Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
Open the file confing.log
Scroll down to

Number:          0
Name (driver):   NVIDIA GeForce 315
Name (database): GeForce G 315 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor:          NVIDIA
Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 0a22, Board: 1141174b, Chipset: 00a2
Driver:          nvd3dumx.dll, Version: 21.21.13.4201, GUID: D7B71E3E-4962-11CF-9264-4C3118C2D835

Here you can see that my graphics card NVIDIA Geforce G315 is found (1) and Supported (1)
If any of these shows 0 we'll have to make some adjustments in the files GraphicCards.sgr and GraphicRules.sgr which can be found in your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
So post the details of the Chipset Vendor and Device  (in my example 10de and 0a22)

It says this: Idk what the problem is.... The GFX is found and supported Why God.

Number:          0
Name (driver):   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor:          NVIDIA
Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 13c2, Board: 31611462, Chipset: 00a1
Driver:          nvd3dum.dll, Version: 22.21.13.8253, GUID: D7B71E3E-5082-11CF-EF57-6C111BC2DB35
Driver version:  8253
Monitor:         \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory:  3072MB
Vertex program:  3.0
Pixel program:   3.0
Hardware TnL:    1
Opt. features:   +sab +a8l8 +rgba16f +r32f +bc4 +bc5 -rawz +intz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 19:29

Ok, so that looks allright.
Download the latest Nvidia Geforce experience, version 3.7.0.81  - click HERE

After installation click on picture of Sims 4.
Nvidia will now look for the ulimate settings of your graphics device.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 19:42

Tarac wrote:Ok, so that looks allright.
Download the latest Nvidia Geforce experience, version 3.7.0.81  - click HERE

After installation click on picture of Sims 4.
Nvidia will now look for the ulimate settings of your graphics device.

Updated, optimized, and the game still crashed.  Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 21:37

As in 95% of the crashes the culprit can be found in mods, MOVE your folder The Sims 4 from Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to your Desktop.
Now start your game again. It is brand new now. Is it still crashing ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 23:27

Tarac wrote:As in 95% of the crashes the culprit can be found in mods, MOVE your folder The Sims 4 from Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to your Desktop.
Now start your game again. It is brand new now. Is it still crashing ?

Yep. I did this yesterday.... The game still crashes with no mods and a clean reset Sad

//EDIT

I tried running compatibility mode and windowed mode. Someone **** help me.

//EDIT

Updating Pci-e network drivers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 15:57

Did updating the drivers solve the crash problems? If not, check your documents/sims 4 and see if you have any lastCrash/Exception_###

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 18:06

Ageha wrote:Did updating the drivers solve the crash problems? If not, check your documents/sims 4 and see if you have any lastCrash/Exception_###

lastException_63634353030

//EDIT

The first one is the most recent... I have more.

lastException_63633673271
lastException_63633655411
lastException_63633591408
lastException_63632993090

lastCrash_63634515411
lastCrash_63634514587
lastCrash_63634351164
lastCrash_63634302334

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 18:28

Checking, does it still crash now? Also, have you updated your game to 1.31 as well? 

Can you zip up those files for me and send them in PM or here? Upload them up to mediafire or anywhere and send me the link.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 21:49

Ageha wrote:Checking, does it still crash now? Also, have you updated your game to 1.31 as well? 

Can you zip up those files for me and send them in PM or here? Upload them up to mediafire or anywhere and send me the link.
Yes I updated to 1.31 (The Fitness pack, right?) 

And I deleted them but one just generated today so I'll send you that one. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/51ku5t92tu8bxhf/lastCrash.rar

//EDIT

Idk y it's using adfly but that's the file

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 15:56

Hi,

Unfortunately the lastCrash itself does not tell me anything. If you happen to have new ones with numbers behind them, feel free to send them to me in PM.

Else, for now, take a look at this thread here and see if any of the solutions help with the crash. 

Also, recently a simmer mentioned his monitor was causing the crashes. You might want to check if perhaps yours is the same issue as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 18:43

Ageha wrote:Hi,

Unfortunately the lastCrash itself does not tell me anything. If you happen to have new ones with numbers behind them, feel free to send them to me in PM.

Else, for now, take a look at this thread here and see if any of the solutions help with the crash. 

Also, recently a simmer mentioned his monitor was causing the crashes. You might want to check if perhaps yours is the same issue as well?
My monitor is old... How would I know if that's causing crashes though?

//EDIT

I have my system modified to access all of my RAM. Had this issue with TS3 way long ago, so I know that's not it. My system is using all the RAM possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 18:59

I see. Well unfortunately, like you mentioned in the first post, it might actually be your processor instead since playing TS3 crashes the game as well. 

I can't say much about the monitor however, since the person just mentioned that he changed the monitor and the game runs perfectly after that. One thing you can view is the windows reliability monitor. If you have win8/10 you can just search reliability at the search bar. If not take a look at this page here.

I'm sorry, since at this point I couldn't be of more help. The last thing I can suggest is to play the game in the lowest setting possible OR instead of fullscreen, use the windowed fullscreen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 23:41

Got it.... A few years back when I edited the bcdedit values in command prompt I purposely set it to 2560 and not the higher one because I was afraid. While it worked to get TS3 to stop crashing it clearly wasn't enough for TS4... I increased those values to 3072 today just because I was curious and low and behold...  TS4 stopped crashing! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Happy simming!  Carlos is tha man!!! ( I obviously have 32-bit Windows)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 13:43

What bcdedit set command did you use ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 14:31

Tarac wrote:What bcdedit set command did you use ?
I typed in "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072"

There is an occasional lag or pause in between the travelling screen but it doesn't crash. I'm willing to bet I can increase those values more but I'll play it safe for now. I'm just glad my game immersion isn't being disrupted anymore by crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 15:15

Well I'm glad (on my end at least) that the crashes was not caused by the game itself. Is there any lingering problems or errors before I close this thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jul 2017, 01:25

Ageha wrote:Well I'm glad (on my end at least) that the crashes was not caused by the game itself. Is there any lingering problems or errors before I close this thread?

All is as good as can be.  Haters gonna hate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jul 2017, 16:45

anonymousplayer wrote: 
All is as good as can be.  Haters gonna hate

Feel free to open a new topic should you run into more issues later on. Until then, have fun with the game! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top