Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Origins is currently not running] About to give up, any help? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Origins is currently not running] About to give up, any help? [SOLVED] Empty [Origins is currently not running] About to give up, any help? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 02:24

Greetings all, first post here, first I want to say thank you all for taking the time and dedication to build a website like this.

I'm getting the notorious "Origins is not running" error, with the code: d3382ced:984c6a38

My OS is Windows XP 32-Bit.

I have done the ENTIRE "How to install Sims 4 correctly" post, have all the DLC properly installed, my "The Sims 4" folder is in my Program Files, not in my EA folder.
I tried both, the "No-Origin" files download AND the TS4 Update Only fix (Yes I didn't use the No-Origins ini file when installing TS4 Update Only fix).

I don't know what else to do. I've downloaded this game four times now, the first three times were from TPB and Skidrow, none of those worked, and now this version isn't working either.
If anyone has any suggested I'd love to hear them, I've pretty much tried everything.

Yes, I've already made sure all the files are not read-only, and am running TS4.exe in Administrator.

Back to top Go down

[Origins is currently not running] About to give up, any help? [SOLVED] Empty Re: [Origins is currently not running] About to give up, any help? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jun 2017, 11:04

When I was trying to run the sims 4 on my old windows XP, I had the same error and nothing worked. since that computer wasn't even connected to the internet, never had any origin at all and no Antivirus, that was weird. I still have not managed to fix it. On windows 7 and 10 there never was any problem. If you can solve this, that would be great. My old XP has a much better graphics card than this laptop.

Back to top Go down

[Origins is currently not running] About to give up, any help? [SOLVED] Empty Re: [Origins is currently not running] About to give up, any help? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jun 2017, 16:22

The minimum spec to run the sims 4 is Windows XP(SP3) - This, however has no relation to the origin not running message. 

Have you tried turning off the anti-virus/microsoft security essentials in your pc as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 01:53

Ageha wrote:The minimum spec to run the sims 4 is Windows XP(SP3) - This, however has no relation to the origin not running message. 

Have you tried turning off the anti-virus/microsoft security essentials in your pc as well?
I do not have any Anti-Virus or Firewall on, including Windows Firewall. I have SP3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 08:56

Basically there are 3 reasons for the "Origin not running" error:

1. Origin is in fact active somewhere on your computer, check the Task Manager.
2. The files rld.dll (base game) and/or RldOrigin.dll (expansions) are rendered inaccessible by your anti-virus program although you can still see them in the folder Game\Bin
3. Your install folder The Sims 4 is located within a folder Origin Games or Electronic Arts and should be moved out. Default installation of G4TW base game is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Move - not copy - folder The Sims 4 out of the Electronic Arts folder direct into Program Files (x86)

Note: The location Program Files (x86) could well be just Program Files on your computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 16:31

Tarac wrote:Basically there are 3 reasons for the "Origin not running" error:

1. Origin is in fact active somewhere on your computer, check the Task Manager.
2. The files rld.dll (base game) and/or RldOrigin.dll (expansions) are rendered inaccessible by your anti-virus program although you can still see them in the folder Game\Bin
3. Your install folder The Sims 4 is located within a folder Origin Games or Electronic Arts and should be moved out. Default installation of G4TW base game is C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Move - not copy - folder The Sims 4 out of the Electronic Arts folder direct into Program Files (x86)

Note: The location Program Files (x86) could well be just Program Files on your computer.
I do not have Origins on my PC whatsoever, already checked Processes under Task Manager.

I do not have any anti-virus software installed whatsoever, including Windows Firewall/Defender, which is turned off.

I have already moved TS4 folder into Program Files.

I just don't think this game works on XP 32-bit, or rather the cracks don't. If a fix comes out in the future that'd be nice but I'm about to upgrade to 7 anyway I think, too many things don't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 17:04

On 7 it works perfectly! From there I upgraded to 10 and also had no problems other than me doing something stupid I was not supposed to do. Storage space wise my XP is also sadly lacking! Smile So I moved my MY Documents to an external and could at least play sims 2. wit three, even the legal base game, never worked at all.
7 is by the way an extremely good OS. ( In my limited experience ) Same asXP was, which iss why I still have it on my Desk top Computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 19:08

Loonieloose wrote:On 7 it works perfectly! From there I upgraded to 10 and also had no problems other than me doing something stupid I was not supposed to do. Storage space wise my XP is also sadly lacking! Smile So I moved my MY Documents to an external and could at least play sims 2. wit three, even the legal base game, never worked at all.
7 is by the way an extremely good OS. ( In my limited experience ) Same asXP was, which iss why I still have it on my Desk top Computer.

I figure at this point TS4 cracks just don't work on XP at all. My only guess is that it has something to do with Origins and support being cancelled for XP.

If anyone on XP has figured out how to play, please let me know! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 21:07

Nibby wrote:
Loonieloose wrote:On 7 it works perfectly! From there I upgraded to 10 and also had no problems other than me doing something stupid I was not supposed to do. Storage space wise my XP is also sadly lacking! Smile So I moved my MY Documents to an external and could at least play sims 2. wit three, even the legal base game, never worked at all.

I figure at this point TS4 cracks just don't work on XP at all. My only guess is that it has something to do with Origins and support being cancelled for XP.

If anyone on XP has figured out how to play, please let me know! Thank you!
According to the system-requirements as mentioned on the box of a legally bought Sims 4 game, ot should work from Windows XP-SP3 onwards.
Your problem has nothing to do with Origin support cancelled or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 00:34

I've decided to take the plunge and installed Windows 7. You can close the thread if you'd like.

If anyone out there figures out how to play this on XP let me know, would be interested in seeing how you did it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 16:32

Nibby wrote:I've decided to take the plunge and installed Windows 7. You can close the thread if you'd like.

If anyone out there figures out how to play this on XP let me know, would be interested in seeing how you did it.
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that the error is still there. Long-term decision-wise, it's definitely better to upgrade to windows 7 or whichever edition you prefer.

I'll keep the the topic open at the moment. Just in case someone with windows XP managed to get theirs working.
**Take note NOT to post problems/bugs unrelated to the OS here. If anyone who saw this, with origin not running error, do open a new thread, or join an existing one that is still 'open'.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I saw that you actually started another thread. 
Topic will be closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top