Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registry issue (?)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Registry issue (?) Empty Registry issue (?)

Post by Guest Tue 17 Oct 2017, 18:46

Hi. I live in a place where Internet is not available. I have downloaded Sims 3 before, with my expansion packs. And it works all fine, no issues and I, of course followed the guide to install it properly.

I decided to reinstall my windows and copied all the program files, and also the saves etc. I also exported the registry. After I reinstalled my Windows, I pasted the game files right at the directory that matches the registry and made sure that everything is aligned. 

Reasons of why I do this:
1. I have limited/no Internet access as of now so I can't redownload torrents to reinstall my Sims 3 base game, whatsoever. 
2. I have not found my install rar files.
3. I've read a few forums that a few people have succeed by importing back the registries that they have exported, and the game works.

But I did the same thing and I still have the issue.

The issue is when I launch Sims 3, I can load and reach the menu, but then a dialogue box pops out and says "Installation Verification Failed" and there are written ; Installation Incomplete, please reinstall base game.

I seriously can't and do not want to redownload 5 gigs of files and go through the process again.
I know this issue can be fixed but I might have to go into deeper level and I hope there's someone that can help me.

Back to top Go down

Registry issue (?) Empty Re: Registry issue (?)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Oct 2017, 20:08

dimoido wrote:I seriously can't and do not want to redownload 5 gigs of files and go through the process again.
I know this issue can be fixed but I might have to go into deeper level and I hope there's someone that can help me.

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Registry issue (?) -cdmnd10

The screenshot shows an important installation component of the Games4theworld TS3 release. The folder "InstallShield Installation Information" is a hidden one. And unless you were aware about this (not well-known) technicality and consequently backed up the subfolders relating to TS3 & all expansions/stuffpacks, there is to my knowledge no way of your method to work.

In theory it should/could work, if you backed up everything, incl. the above folder, but I admit I never tried it myself.

I'm really sorry, but from my end there is nothing else I can suggest other than re-installing the game properly.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:31; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 02:16

Hi and thanks. 

I'm sorry, I can't load the screenshot, therefore I don't understand. I'm also not really aware of that information, and much likely that'd help me. 

The xml file can't be opened so maybe there's another way of sending the screenshot as I'm not aware of the InstallShield Information Installation.

Update: I tried finding the folder after I enabled "Shown hidden files". It's not there. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Update 2: This sounds dumb, but does getting the file there from another computer works if they have Sims 3 installed?

The thing with this issue is
- Game loads well
- Saves are shown to be loaded (I can see all my saved families, etc)
- Launcher as usual.. shows version 0.0.0 (palmface)

Okay so what I'm sure of is
1. The Sims 3 ISN'T installed on my computer  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
2. The exported registry doesn't do anything or maybe a little bit of something
3. There's probably a way to get around this but tediously WhatDidUJustCallMe?
4.  The InstallShield Installation component is very important and I missed that one up  Why God.

So..
1. If I don't have the InstallShield files am I done here?
2. Can I still retrieve it from the registries??
3. Does copying the file from another computer and putting it in there works? Or is that ignorant?

Last edited by dimoido on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 02:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 05:13

If I reinstall the base game, do I need to reinstall the expansions as well? Sad

What about my saves?

Last edited by dimoido on Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:59; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 11:15

When version 0.0.0 is showed, it means that there is something wrong with the base game and/or entry in the register

Your saves are safely stored in the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
What you could try, although I never tried it myself, is to install the base game again on the location as indicated by your registry.
Then copy the complete folder from your backup to the location where you have installed the new base game, overwriting the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 12:33

Polarbear wrote:What you could try, although I never tried it myself, is to install the base game again on the location as indicated by your registry.
Then copy the complete folder from your backup to the location where you have installed the new base game, overwriting the base game.

1. Alright.
2. You mean the whole folder (program files etc) to the location of where I installed the base game in C:\program files (x86)\Electronic Arts ?
3. I suppose this helps me to recover the expansions as well without installing them again 1 by 1? theoretically?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 12:36

Okay now this got me thinking.

Can I just have an installer that doesn't have to copy 5 gigs of files ?? So I could just get the registry entries fixed.
I've all the files here just wanna get that registry thing going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 16:11

A single download for the base game only would be just under 5 GB.
However that's no guarantee that all registry entries and secundary files will be restored.

Personally I think that restoring/repairing your game via ZLOrigin is the best solution

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 16:23

Polarbear wrote:Personally I think that restoring/repairing your game via ZLOrigin is the best solution

Thank you for responding.

As far as I've played sims 3 downloaded games4theworld, I've never touched origin to deal with sims 3.

I do not know what ZLOrigin is and I request to know how to do it.

1. Restoring?
Origin was never used for this game.

2. Repairing
I have no idea about this, but anything may help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:07

ZLOrigin is a cracked version of Origin where you can download various EA games for free incl. Sims 2,3 and 4
Here the games are not cracked but Origin is.
So no patches, language problems, no fixes, no problems with anti-virus.
It's almost the same as working with the genuine Origin, however still no access to the Gallery.
Once installed you can play sims 2 and sims 4 off-line. For the Sims 3 I still haven't found a solution to play it without ZLOrigin.
Anyway, ZLOrigin repairs your existing The Sims 3, adds any DLC you do not have and updates to version 1.69

You can read about it here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple?highlight=zlorigin+made+simple#

The downloads for the Sims games work more or less like torrents, you can pause, stop, continue the downloads but you're not dependable of Seeders.
I use it every time for the Sims 4 as new DLC's are available within 12 hours after release by Electronic Arts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:20

Polarbear wrote:For the Sims 3 I still haven't found a solution to play it without ZLOrigin.
Anyway, ZLOrigin repairs your existing The Sims 3, adds any DLC you do not have and updates to version 1.69

Wow, okay. New information. 

Great! And wow, I've always played The Sims 3 without ZLOrigin.. I suppose it'll fix it by installing it somehow? But I'm really watching my Internet usage, if it reinstalls and require gigs of Internet, then I'm done.

Adds any DLC? You mean any expansion packs that I don't have? I prefer to keep it the way it is because more expansion packs slows my pc WhatDidUJustCallMe? (and if it's required to add DLC, then ofc it would eat up a lot of Internet? amirite?)

Other than that this seems very promising, thanks a bunch. I'll be waiting for a reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:33

Yes, it will definately eat gigabytes on internet usage. But once installed it takes about as much as you now use by writing/reading on this forum. The total filesize once installed is 24 GB against 32,3 GB when all items are installed separately via other downloads such as G4TW.

Version 1.69 gives you the opportunity in the launcher to switch off DLC's of your choice that you don't want to play with in your game, which of course could speed up your game.
Any or even all expansions can be left out.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:34

I was going to suggest that I upload the files that I posted in the screenshot (see the above message again because I re-uploaded the picture). I can't guarantee it will work, but maybe you can give it a shot.

Also, the problem is not "uninstalling and re-installing the base game (only)". Your entire installation is messed up, so re-installing the base game alone won't fix the issue.

I can't do it right now, but stay tuned for the upload a bit later.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:39

Polarbear wrote:Yes, it will definately eat gigabytes on internet usage. 

Version 1.69 gives you the opportunity in the launcher to switch off DLC's of your choice that you don't want to play with in your game, which of course could speed up your game.

1. Ouch. Okay then, that's an option but I don't have much Internet now so that's a bummer.

2. Awesome! But then I'm deprived from Internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:41

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I was going to suggest that I upload the files that I posted in the screenshot (see the above message again because I re-uploaded the picture). I can't guarantee it will work, but maybe you can give it a shot.

Also, the problem is not "uninstalling and re-installing the base game (only)". Your entire installation is messed up, so re-installing the base game alone won't fix the issue.

1. Yes definitely! I can totally give it a shot. (Required as of now I hope the files aren't huge in size.)

2. Sad I thought of that. That's why it needs a whole lotta fix  Why.

Thank you for the reply. I'll be waiting for the upload.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:46

dimoido wrote:

1. Ouch. Okay then, that's an option but I don't have much Internet now so that's a bummer.

Yes, you still need Internet just for logging in to Zclient, but that's just as much of a strain on your internet as logging in to this forum.
I'm still struggling in finding a way to play The Sims 3 off-line (like I did with Sims 4)

//EDIT

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I was going to suggest that I upload the files that I posted in the screenshot (see the above message again because I re-uploaded the picture). I can't guarantee it will work, but maybe you can give it a shot.

I can't do it right now, but stay tuned for the upload a bit later.
How come that I only have 2 folders in that particular directory ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 18:54

Polarbear wrote:
dimoido wrote:

Yes, you still need Internet just for logging in to Zclient, but that's just as much of a strain on your internet as logging in to this forum.
I'm still struggling in finding a way to play The Sims 3 off-line (like I did with Sims 4)

1. But the reinstall process + adding DLC requires gigs of Internet and that's not the same as just logging in to the client and also into this forum WhatDidUJustCallMe? It's a very helpful tip but unfortunately I really don't have Internet where I am rn.

2. I downloaded the game from g4tw and didn't have any issues with being offline from the start. Surprised But one drawback is that, I definitely can't buy store items and log in, because it's just like that, and the game is not connected to any programme outside of itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 19:00

dimoido wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
dimoido wrote:

Yes, installing from ZLOrigin requires a lot of internet-traffic, but once installed it takes almost nothing.

1. But the reinstall process + adding DLC requires gigs of Internet and that's not the same as just logging in to the client and also into this forum WhatDidUJustCallMe? It's a very helpful tip but unfortunately I really don't have Internet where I am rn.

2. I downloaded the game from g4tw and didn't have any issues with being offline from the start. Surprised But one drawback is that, I definitely can't buy store items and log in, because it's just like that, and the game is not connected to any programme outside of itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Oct 2017, 19:00

Polarbear wrote:
How come that I only have 2 folders in that particular directory ?

The Steam/Origin/zlOrigin installations don't use this directory, for all I know. Likewise, the more "modern" cracked games that you just need to extract from an archive file and then play them, don't use the directory either.

dimoido wrote:1. But the reinstall process + adding DLC requires gigs of Internet and that's not the same as just logging in to the client and also into this forum WhatDidUJustCallMe? It's a very helpful tip but unfortunately I really don't have Internet where I am rn.

I think the Polarbear meant actually using the zlOrigin after having downloaded/installed everything, is as easy as posting on the Forum. You have to download the items either way, whether you choose the zlOrigin-path or the 'classic' release format from G4TW and other uploaders.

Are you able to download approximately 1.8GB of data, at some point? Because that is the filesize of these folders taken together, to my surprise I admit.

scratch
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 19:07

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Are you able to download approximately 1.8GB of data, at some point? Because that is the filesize of these folders taken together, to my surprise I admit.

scratch

Ah, wow. I suppose I can do that during the weekend.
Are you sure all of those files have something to do with The Sims 3? All that I know is the particular file for The Sims 3 is {C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8} .

1. I can do this most likely on the weekend if I could, but I will probably be busy so this thread will be postponed for a while, as I also have personal events coming up.

2. Thank you a bunch, and I will definitely one day download what you upload soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Oct 2017, 20:53

There you are:
https://goo.gl/3gEbC7

Extract with WinRAR, and place all folders inside the location that I posted in the screenshot from my first reply.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Oct 2017, 01:24

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Extract with WinRAR, and place all folders inside the location that I posted in the screenshot from my first reply.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot! But I'm hoping that I'd try to copy paste the specific file that I have mentioned above, because it's worth a try. 

This way I can't isolate the files and have to download them all.

If it's troubling for you to upload the specific file, it's definitely fine. Thanks a bunch !!

Update: I downloaded the file at a cafe, so I'm gonna try it out. Will be updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:37

Registry issue (?) 20171014
Registry issue (?) 20171012
Registry issue (?) 20171013
Crazy experiment here. 

I used the setup file from the download because when I run Sims 3, I still have version 0.0.0.

But one thing is improved
- I don't have the "Installation Incomplete" error but now I have "The launcher couldn't be started. Please check the Log"

So during my crazy experiment, I redirected the setup to my program files on my hdd as disk 1, it lodes halfway and could load objectCache.SunsetValley files, then when it requests for dialoglogo128x128, it doesn't detect it even thought I could locate the file.

Sooooo.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Oct 2017, 12:50

dimoido wrote:
(...)

Sooooo.

Yeah, at that point I can't really suggest more than going through a proper re-installation process of the entire game, or using zlOrigin, I'm sorry.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Oct 2017, 13:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Yeah, at that point I can't really suggest more than going through a proper re-installation process of the entire game, or using zlOrigin, I'm sorry.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

That's unfortunate, but thank you very much The_gh0stm4n and Polarbear for helping me this far, I'll never forget your dedication! 

I'll be reinstalling the whole game I suppose, WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top