Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the history of the censored word/Why was it banned?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the history of the censored word/Why was it banned? Empty What is the history of the censored word/Why was it banned?

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2018, 03:59

Warning: TEA 
Let's pretend that's censored for a minute or two.

Here are the forum rules for censored:
14.) No censored . Please note that the use of censored is strictly prohibited on the Games4theworld Forum and all other pages that are owned and run by the Games4theworld Team. This includes, but is not limited to, our Facebook Page, Twitter, Minecraft server and YouTube channel. You are not allowed to mention censored, either directly or indirectly. Doing so could result in either an edit by a Moderator or the Adminator, a mute or even a (temporary) ban. Such language is not appreciated here.

Now I challenged that rule because I figured they must not've been serious, and was banned from posting for a while. (New users, don't make the same mistake I did.) And according to the rules, I can't even say something like "T** D****" because that's an indirect reference to...yeah. Even posting this makes me a bit afraid that I'll be tempbanned. So what's wrong with T** F******** W***/D****? Do yall hate it? Is tea just THAT superior and censored is like the normies and tea is like the edgy people and we need to keep the normies out? Tell me, whats going on? Is it that everytime I say censored I delete/kill/ harm a random person/puppy/kitten/dog/cat? Please tell me.

p.s. no srsly, i censored everything and tried not to break the golden rule, plz don't punish me

Back to top Go down

What is the history of the censored word/Why was it banned? Empty Re: What is the history of the censored word/Why was it banned?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Mar 2018, 23:54

While I can't comment on the exact reasons behind the preference for tea, I do recall an interesting anecdote, which I shall relate here.

At some point in the past, I asked Master Admin that if he insisted so much on tea, why not put various choices of tea (black, herbal, green/white, etc.) on the user profiles. Instead of the choices "Tea", "TEA", "More tea", or whatever the options are right now. I do not recall the exact details of the ensuing conversation anymore. But in essence there was a brief ramble, followed by "it is technically not doable" (???????????????????????????).

Granted, that was a couple of years ago now and maybe there have been updates to the Forum software in the meantime. Which would have to be checked by ~Ann~.

Either way, it appears less to be a statement of fondness for tea, but rather intended as a stance against that brown-/blackish beverage. Then again, that's only speculation from me.

Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top