Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USB.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

USB. Empty USB.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2018, 19:02

I put the sims 4 file in my usb, and it messed it up.. My 32g usb stick is now useless, stuck in read only mode..and it is a virus in the  language files.. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

USB. Empty Re: USB.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2018, 19:26

Is your USB stick formatted in FAT 32 or NTFS ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 24 Apr 2018, 21:20

Ochalnin wrote:I put the sims 4 file in my usb, and it messed it up.. My 32g usb stick is now useless, stuck in read only mode..and it is a virus in the  language files.. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I'd also like to emphasize at this point, that there are no virusses in these Sims 4 repacks, and it doesn't matter where you download it from. Antivirus programs & Windows Defender frequently mark these games as "virusses", but that doesn't have to mean anything.

In fact: because the average person's knowledge about computers tends to be limited, most people won't "ask further questions". See this here, if you like:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/false-positive
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Apr 2018, 12:58

Your USB drive is just going bad. It's probably old or was used a lot. It is in read-only mode so you can copy files while they still exist. Backup all data and get a new USB drive. source

As for any viruses found in files downloaded from G4TW - those are false positives, as The_gh0stm4n already said. ESET NOD32 is one of the best antivirus softwares out there and it says all is clean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Apr 2018, 13:06

When your USB is Fat32 formatted it is not suitable for the complete Sims 4 game.
The folder Data alone already exceeds the maximum capacity of FAT32.

Save the data on the USB and then format to NTFS

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Apr 2018, 16:39

Tarac wrote:The folder Data alone already exceeds the maximum capacity of FAT32.

I was under the impression though that the capacity under FAT32 refers to sizes of individual files, and not folders? Because the biggest files in Data are around 1GB each (the FAT32 limit for individual files is 4GB). So you could have the folder The Sims 4, theoretically, on there, as no single file exceeds the 4GB.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Apr 2018, 19:16

@The_gh0stm4n and you're correct. However if @Ochalnin was referring to rar'ed game they wouldn't be able to copy it onto FAT32 partition at all:
USB. Asdf10

So I'll say it again. Copy your data from USB stick before it dies completely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2018, 00:30

I had already formated it, and it was brand new. But it doesn`t matter Smile I know it was a false virus Smile Thanks for explaining anyway ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2018, 00:31

While I am here, instead of opening a new topic, it says download and install Laundry Day stuff, Jungle Adventure and My First Pet Stuff, but where are they? Ermahgerd Are they in another zip?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2018, 10:14

Ochalnin wrote:While I am here, instead of opening a new topic, it says download and install Laundry Day stuff, Jungle Adventure and My First Pet Stuff, but where are they? Ermahgerd Are they in another zip?
Look HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Apr 2018, 22:53

Ochalnin wrote:While I am here, instead of opening a new topic, it says download and install Laundry Day stuff, Jungle Adventure and My First Pet Stuff, but where are they? Ermahgerd Are they in another zip?

Hello again,

The old Admin has left the Forum, therefore that "games4theworld.org" website isn't getting updated anymore these days. You should bookmark the Forum thread here instead, for information on new torrent releases:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t53-all-games4theworld-downloads
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum