Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update  Empty Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 20:08

Hello Friends, 

as always I have followed the necessary steps in order to update the game. I added the my first pet stuff pack, ran the game file, however after I added the update the game crashes on the household loading screen. I'm not sure what could be the problem here. I have been having a lot of "last exception" notifications via the MC Command, I found out that the issue was the out of date wicked whims which I also updated. 

any clues as to what could cause the game to crash after the update? 

Talk to my rite hand Why God.

Last edited by Jessica_Revolver on Wed 09 May 2018, 20:24; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update  Empty Re: Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 20:23

UPDATE: I attempted to revert back to the my first pet stuff by copying and pasting on top of the update files I added to no avail. Now the game won't load at all.  Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update  Empty Re: Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 21:36

Download the full patch 1.42.30.1020 from HERE
You need the 4 files for the full patch (1 exe and 3x bin)
Once all 4 are downloaded, delete your current Game folder from your install folder
Then click on the .exe to start the patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 21:58

Tarac wrote:Download the full patch 1.42.30.1020 from HERE
You need the 4 files for the full patch (1 exe and 3x bin)
Once all 4 are downloaded, delete your current Game folder from your install folder
Then click on the .exe to start the patch.
Thank you, where do I place the files? do they go in the bin that I'm going to delete? 

thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 09 May 2018, 22:04

Jessica_Revolver wrote:Thank you, where do I place the files? do they go in the bin that I'm going to delete? 

thanks in advance

Hello again!

You can use that "full patch", but it is (absolutely) not needed in your case. If you tried rolling back by applying "My First Pet Stuff", just re-copy and re-paste the 1.42.30.1020 update on top of your installation again, and you should be fine. That is, if you still have that 1.42.30.1020 patch lying around someplace.

As for the crashing, go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and delete the following:
Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update  Icon_arrow  localthumbschace.package
Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update  Icon_arrow  the contents inside folder "cache" (not the actual "cache" folder though!)
Game crashes on household loading screen after 1.42.30.1020 Update  Icon_arrow  and the contents inside the folder "cachestr" (not the actual "cachestr" folder though!)

Good luck!  I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2018, 22:33

I am now stuck on infinite loading screen on household.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 May 2018, 01:46

Jessica_Revolver wrote:I am now stuck on infinite loading screen on household.

Can you try deleting your "Game"-folder, and re-download the latest available again here?
https://goo.gl/W2AAAu

Other than that, if I remember correctly, you were having similar difficulties last time as well? Under #3 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-42-30-1020

It seems a possibility that this can be caused by corrupted savefiles. The last time we spoke, did you actually end up creating a new savefile, eventually?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2018, 15:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Jessica_Revolver wrote:I am now stuck on infinite loading screen on household.

Can you try deleting your "Game"-folder, and re-download the latest available again here?
https://goo.gl/W2AAAu

Other than that, if I remember correctly, you were having similar difficulties last time as well? Under #3 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-42-30-1020

It seems a possibility that this can be caused by corrupted savefiles. The last time we spoke, did you actually end up creating a new savefile, eventually?

My goodnes! I had totally forgot about that! I knew I had this issue before but wasn't quite sure if it would work as I could not recall the steps. Thanks for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top