Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with going from 1.36 to 1.44

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with going from 1.36 to 1.44 Empty Help with going from 1.36 to 1.44

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 10:51

Hey guys,

I have been using G4TW since the days of TS3 and everything was easy due to the NO_CD mod by Nraas. However, with Sims 4 it's a little harder so I was not really using it, until my friend told me about a torrent "Cats&Dogs and ALL DLCS", so basically everything that has already been released.

It worked fine but now that Seasons is out, I was confused as to how update 1.36 to 1.44. I did read the guide but it didn't really help. This is currently what I have in my sims 4 folder:

Help with going from 1.36 to 1.44 E5nxmh9

Can anyone please help me? I'd really appreciate it.

The reason I used the "repack" file above is because I thought it'd be a smaller size than downloading each EP one by one from here, but I am not sure if that's right.

Thank you in advance and sorry if my issue has been resolved before. Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Help with going from 1.36 to 1.44 Empty Re: Help with going from 1.36 to 1.44

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 11:41

If you want to use G4TW releases just follow the guide. Start from step #12. G4TW releases are .rar files so you simply extract them to your game folder and replace files when prompted. Get DLCs from here. Seasons are not added to that list yet, get it from here. So you want to get Laundry Stuff, Jungle Adventure, My First Pet Stuff and Seasons. That will be 19,5GB to download but it won't weight that much after extracting because some files are included in multiple releases.

You can also use my alternative installers. Grab the latest Full Patch (exe + 3 bin files in purple) and then DLCs you want to install. That will be 7,59GB. You can also grab dlc-installer (see "notes" section on that post) to install those 4 DLCs all at once instead of doing it manually one by one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 11:51

anadius1 wrote:If you want to use G4TW releases just follow the guide. Start from step #12. G4TW releases are .rar files so you simply extract them to your game folder and replace files when prompted. Get DLCs from here. Seasons are not added to that list yet, get it from here. So you want to get Laundry Stuff, Jungle Adventure, My First Pet Stuff and Seasons. That will be 19,5GB to download but it won't weight that much after extracting because some files are included in multiple releases.

You can also use my alternative installers. Grab the latest Full Patch (exe + 3 bin files in purple) and then DLCs you want to install. That will be 7,59GB. You can also grab dlc-installer (see "notes" section on that post) to install those 4 DLCs all at once instead of doing it manually one by one.
Hey, can you help a bit with the terminology? I'm sorry to bother you but I'm kind of a noob when it comes to gaming and gaming terminology.

What do you mean by getting the DLCs I want to install? For instance, I wanna get everything after Cats&Dogs until Seasons and if I were to use your alternative installer, what would I need to download?

Would getting DLC from your thread be equivalent to downloading the expansion and other packs from G4TW? Thanks so much in advance.

EDIT: Alright, may have understood more. I am going to get the full patcher. Then will download the 4 newest DLCs and extract them to my Sims 4 folder. Is that it? Would any "crack" files need to be applied or are those included?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 12:09

I meant exactly what it says. Very Happy With G4TW releases you need to download all DLCs because they are bundled with updates. With my installers you can skip a DLC you don't want. DLC list in my thread is sorted by newest first so you can easily see which DLCs were released after Cats & Dogs: TS4 DLC (SP13) Laundry Day Stuff.exe, TS4 DLC (GP06) Jungle Adventure.exe, TS4 DLC (SP14) My First Pet Stuff.exe and TS4 DLC (EP05) Seasons.exe. And as I said before, you need latest full patch: TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020.exe, TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020-1.bin, TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020-2.bin and TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020-3.bin.

Yes, those are the same files. I just packed them differently so they are useful for situations like yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2018, 12:10

anadius1 wrote:I meant exactly what it says. Very Happy With G4TW releases you need to download all DLCs because they are bundled with updates. With my installers you can skip a DLC you don't want. DLC list in my thread is sorted by newest first so you can easily see which DLCs were released after Cats & Dogs: TS4 DLC (SP13) Laundry Day Stuff.exe, TS4 DLC (GP06) Jungle Adventure.exe, TS4 DLC (SP14) My First Pet Stuff.exe and TS4 DLC (EP05) Seasons.exe. And as I said before, you need latest full patch: TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020.exe, TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020-1.bin, TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020-2.bin and TS4 Patch 1.44.77.1020-3.bin.

Yes, those are the same files. I just packed them differently so they are useful for situations like yours.
Great, downloading the full patch right now and will later on download the DLC's. Thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum