Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautiful custom houses for Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beautiful custom houses for Sims 3 Empty Beautiful custom houses for Sims 3

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2018, 02:07

Hello everyone.

I found out very beautiful mansions and castles for Sims 3 users. Notably, I have found on MTS a gorgeous house retreat named The Arcades. But if I didn't have a SSD, it would have been impossible to play it as it's a 64x64 packed with so much stuff it's very demanding on PCS.

If you find out you love custom houses jampacked with stuff, consider buying a SSD, it halves the loading time and processing stuff, such as saving and sharing.

Regards,
Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Beautiful custom houses for Sims 3 Empty Re: Beautiful custom houses for Sims 3

Post by Sim Architect Thu 26 Jul 2018, 19:57

romantyke wrote:Hello everyone.

I found out very beautiful mansions and castles for Sims 3 users. Notably, I have found on MTS a gorgeous house retreat named The Arcades. But if I didn't have a SSD, it would have been impossible to play it as it's a 64x64 packed with so much stuff it's very demanding on PCS.

If you find out you love custom houses jampacked with stuff, consider buying a SSD, it halves the loading time and processing stuff, such as saving and sharing.

Regards,
Kabiru
YES!!! I keep both of my Sims 3 folders (program and documents) inside my SSD (NVME is even more awesome, sequential read and write speeds being the most important factor in my opinion)! It's actually VERY wise advice! It's a very disk intensive game even when you have loads of RAM, because it's not design to load all the stuff in your RAM.

I played a couple of times with a RAM Drive but it was too much work, the performance got a bit better, of course, but then you have to handle copying files back and forth, not worth unless you are doing some seriously heavy work and you have at least 32 GB of total RAM...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2018, 21:53

Yes. I think my SSD actually halved the loading time and the saving time. The last time I ever got that murderous Errror 12 was years ago, however. Back when I was a newcomer to this website (summer 2012), I had bought myself a killing ass PC with the best offered at the time, and I never got problems anymore, no crash and such and no errors. But loading was still tedious. I had time to go for a cigarette outside and finish it before it was loaded or saved. Now I can do both in half the time, sometimes faster. SSDs are expensive but are killing business.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Jul 2018, 22:42

romantyke wrote:SSDs are expensive but are killing business.

It must be noted as well here that you have to be careful with moving around files within an SSD, as well as be careful with installing/re-installing stuff too frequently, as these actions can shorten the SSD's lifespan. 

It's cool to have that thing available, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's suited for the average Joe/Jane. More, for connoisseurs, aficionados, or whatever term you want to use here. People who are dedicated PC gamers. You have to know what you are doing, and if you install stuff you need to make sure it gets done properly.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2018, 23:56

Indeed. It's not for the average Joe. I am OCD careful about the use of my hardware so don't worry. My autistic behaviour will make it last for ten years. My autistic friend's SSD is still alive, and she has it ever since 2009. You should have seen me with my school stuff... even teachers commented in my school notes I kept my stuff impeccably clean. Not a single scratch or blot anywhere. One of them actually wanted me to become school librarian after graduation just because of this...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 27 Jul 2018, 07:37

I only run my OS and GTAV from my SSD, unfortunately, I don't have enough room on it for more games.
Having said that, I do like large custom houses (though I make them myself Smile) and I don't usually have in-game problems with those large houses. Sure, the loading times are insane. 
It takes me 20 minutes to get to my own custom world, from the moment I start the game until the moment the world has finally loaded. Granted, it is a rather large world, and that particular save has a lot of Sims. I just do my dishes or fold my laundry as it loads Razz
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 30 Jul 2018, 04:47

☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:I only run my OS and GTAV from my SSD, unfortunately, I don't have enough room on it for more games.
Having said that, I do like large custom houses (though I make them myself Smile) and I don't usually have in-game problems with those large houses. Sure, the loading times are insane. 
It takes me 20 minutes to get to my own custom world, from the moment I start the game until the moment the world has finally loaded. Granted, it is a rather large world, and that particular save has a lot of Sims. I just do my dishes or fold my laundry as it loads Razz
My SSD is my Aquiles's heel as well! I have a 228 GB C: Drive from Samsung (NVME) which is pretty fast but not large enough. I am starting to get really worried because I am using 90% of it most of the time, going up to almost 100% whenever a new Windows Update comes (then I remove the old version as soon as I get the new, of course).

My Sims 3 files and most of my programs are in it, it will be a huge pain to uninstall a bunch of them and move them around, I might just create a symbolic link to the folders that don't need much performance to trick the system, at least until I feel comfortable buying a second SSD, which I don't feel necessary right now.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down