Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio Empty Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2018, 05:52

Hi! First, I want to say "thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you". Second, I downloaded the all-in-one ISO for The Sims 4 and I mounted it, it works great, but now I'm trying to use Sims 4 Studio with the program. It didn't work, so I put the entire index onto my external hard drive -- that didn't work. Then I placed it onto my desktop. It's still not working.

Is this something I need to bring up with the creators of THAT program? The whole reason I want this game so bad is because it runs better than TS3, but I miss creating stuff. I thought if I could figure out how to make stuff in TS4, I could maybe be happy lol.

Thanks for your help! I didn't see this posted anywhere. I'm sorry if this is a violation of terms (will gladly take it down if necessary).

xoxox Angelica Haters gonna hate

Back to top Go down

Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio Empty Re: Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2018, 13:00

When programs like Sims 4 Studio try to change something in your game (so not in Documents\Electronic Arts) it cannot do that. You can't just change an .iso.
When you copy the The Sims 4 folder from the mounted iso to your (external) hard disk the program should function properly.

Back to top Go down

Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio Empty Re: Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2018, 14:33

Ohhhh.. so because I've done that and it's still not working, I should talk to the creators of the program.

Thank you for explaining that to me about the ISO. I don't fool around with them much so I'm pretty novice when it comes to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2018, 15:45

I  searched at their forum and they won't help if it's cracked

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Oct 2018, 22:40

an9elica wrote:Ohhhh.. so because I've done that and it's still not working, I should talk to the creators of the program.

Thank you for explaining that to me about the ISO. I don't fool around with them much so I'm pretty novice when it comes to them.

Welcome to the Forum to you as well @an9elica,

I know a couple of G4TW users who have been using this tool in the past with CODEX/G4TW versions of The Sims 4...and with no issues. I just registered on their Forum to download this thing. 

So the first time I loaded up, it auto-recognized my Origin-version of The Sims 4, which I did not want, because I want to specifically test for CODEX/G4TW-versions. So I went under settings and here goes:

Downloaded TS4 all-in-one and trying to use Sims 4 Studio SrNkHbk

The above location is where I have my own CODEX/G4TW install folder for The Sims 4. Set the location, and clicked on "Save". I then closed the program (!) and fired it back up again. I noticed that the initial "loading screen" took longer, because it was loading all DLCs. But after that I put a "creator name" and then clicked on  -> add CAS part swatch -> CAS. Next screen leads me to a selection of CAS items...so it appears to be working on my end?

Are you 100% positive you have correctly extracted the game installation folder, from the .iso? A simple test is, are you able to run the game (fine), from the extracted folder? Go under Game\Bin please, and use the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe for starting it up.

an9elica wrote:I  searched at their forum and they won't help if it's cracked

Yes, you shouldn't bother asking on mod-sites for Support, or if you can, at least try avoiding any mention of your game not being legit. Try not to take it personal; for one you need to keep in mind that these sites often heavily depend on advertising revenue, and "being about piracy" is one sure way to deter a lot of legit advertisers. 

Then, they might want to be "well-known in the Sims Community", which can include co-operations with C- or D-level celebrities (Sims YouTubers, official Sims developers/programmers, etc.).

Or, they might just disapprove of piracy for ideological reasons, though the two foregoing reasons are the most common ones. While G4TW is for the most part about providing these downloads and guides, we can also at least try helping people like you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jan 2019, 20:36

New to sims 4 but when using the sims 4 studio I keep getting an error with my location.
I downloaded the all in one from G4TW so my sims 4 files are all located in my documents.

how do I go about this because it isn't working

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top