Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!! Empty The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Dec 2018, 17:07

The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!! EtEZWvk

Peoples,

I can now proudly announce the opening of our new Forum side-project "The Indie Corner", which will focus on an entirely new set of games, tutorials & discussions. For a general overview of the topic (though anybody even remotely interested in PC games will already roughly know about this), see this topic here. This section will essentially run 'parallel' to our main program on The Sims games.

The games and discussions will be centered around various "Seasons", which are over-arching "themes", around which new game releases are selected. For the first Season, we have chosen the theme "Back then everything was better", and the first part of our Indie Corner will correspondingly focus on games that have some setting in the past. Yes, Yes, I know what most of you are thinking right now. But no worries, I won't get political here, or at least try not to.

All of us have some sort of vague opinion about times long gone, and which we may only vaguely remember. And again, these feelings or resentments don't necessarily have to be of any political nature. Some statements maybe to illustrate what I mean.

... wrote:"My grandpa fought in Stalingrad against the Russians!!!1111"

"And my grandpa fought at Iwo Jima!1111"

"My favorite supermarket sweet or crisp has been discontinued; I've been buying it for so long!"

"Healthcare coverage was much better back then."

"I remember grandma baked such good cookies, I wish they would make such cookies today, but Nooooooo!"

Et cetera. One could make the case that these kinds of statements are only made by elderly people, and you would not be wrong. But you wouldn't be right there. As human nature goes, our perception of things is often flawed, without us being aware of things. We remember bad things more easily, and tend to take good things for granted. So when something bad happens now, we may recall past times, in which the alleged injury or injustice may not have happened.

What is true, however, is that everything has advantages and disadvantages. "Past times" may have had some good things about them, but there were also bad things. And the over-arching theme of the Indie Corner's first season is trying to capture that sentiment, or at least make people ask if the past was really that much better. The Forum logo that you see is a hint, to be more critical about past events as well.

Without further ado, here is our first episode in the Season: Kingdom Come Deliverance. You play the character of "Henry" in early 15th century Bohemia, who sees his parents and friends killed by a foreign invading force, and then slowly undertakes a path of revenge. Just like with real-life history, at any given moment you are prompted to make various decisions, that may affect future outcomes. It is an .iso file, and under Windows 10 you can right-click on it and then "Open with -> Windows Explorer". Copy the folder "Kingdom Come Deliverance", to your desired install location. Play the game from the Kingdom Come Deliverance -> Bin -> Win64 -> KingdomCome.exe.

Arrow Magnet Link
Code:
http://mgnet.me/dvtC5K9

Arrow Direct Download (you can help seeding by grabbing this direct download and then loading up the .torrent/magnet; see this guide here)
Code:
http://safelinking.net/M1PdGo1

The filesize of the .iso is 39.17GB, a lot bigger than is the case with comparable repacks, but then using/installing the game should go a lot easier than with super-compressed repacks that take a very long time to install, and are oftentimes prone to malfunctioning. The game version is 1.7. and the pack includes extras:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Treasures of the Past
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - HD Texture Pack
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - HD Sound Pack
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - HD Voice Pack - English
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - HD Voice Pack - German
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - HD Voice Pack - French
Kingdom Come: Deliverance – From the Ashes
Kingdom Come: Deliverance – The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - O.S.T. Essentials (Soundtrack)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Artbook (English)

As part of the new Indie Corner, there will be more of a focus on general/in-game discussion and tutorials, and less technical stuff. Though of course you are still more than welcome to open a topic in the new section, for any issues that may come up for you.

Good luck, and many thanks to @Sim Architect for the compilation of this download!

https://www.games4theworld.club/f16-the-indie-corner

Video install guide courtesy of Sim Architect.

In the event that there are no/only a few seeders, feel free to try the direct download link above, plus the tutorial next to it, if you want to help seeding. Or message @Sim Architect through Twitter (link in his Forum profile)!!!

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 17:04; edited 3 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!! Empty Re: The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!!

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2018, 13:00

When I try to play the game directly from the iso I get a message that MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll are missing.
Both files appear 8x on my computer.

The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!! Vcruntime140-dll_orig
The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!! Msvcp140-dll_orig

I have these packs installed

The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!! Vcredist_orig

Even after copying the contents of the .iso to another location on my PC, the error still occurs.
SOLVED: Downloaded Visual Studio 2017 but now my graphics Card is not good enough (d3d level 11 required)

Last edited by Tarac on Sun 23 Dec 2018, 15:31; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!! Empty Re: The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!!

Post by Sim Architect Sun 23 Dec 2018, 13:21

Thank you very much, Carlos! I am hopeful that many people will enjoy it, I have to play with it myself, maybe today I will stream myself playing it for the first time, we'll see...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2018, 13:58

Before you decide to download this pack, be aware of the system requirements

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 40 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz, AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1060, AMD GPU Radeon RX 580
Sound Card: Creative SOUND BLASTER Zx

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Dec 2018, 18:22

Tarac wrote:Before you decide to download this pack, be aware of the system requirements

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660, AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
Sound Card: Integrated

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz, AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 1060, AMD GPU Radeon RX 580
Sound Card: Creative SOUND BLASTER Zx

That is correct; I put this notice in the installation guide, and I think I'll also edit the announcement later on. But you indeed require a computer that by 2018 standards is very strong. I've hinted at my main specs in the message about fighting Kunesch here; with that computer and on "high" graphics settings I can run the game on a consistent 40-45FPS. I suppose that is decent enough, but this game needs a damn strong computer.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2018, 18:42

The_gh0stm4n wrote:That is correct; I put this notice in the installation guide, and I think I'll also edit the announcement later on. But you indeed require a computer that by 2018 standards is very strong. I've hinted at my main specs in the message about fighting Kunesch here; with that computer and on "high" graphics settings I can run the game on a consistent 40-45FPS. I suppose that is decent enough, but this game needs a damn strong computer.
Maybe this is the reason why - for as far as I can see - nobody besides the original 4 or 5 uploaders has even started to download it. (I am seeding since yesterday 19.00 CET)
The download size could not be an obstacle judging from the numbers downloading my 31.7 GB all-in-one 1.48.94.1020

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Dec 2018, 19:15

Tarac wrote:
Maybe this is the reason why - for as far as I can see - nobody besides the original 4 or 5 uploaders has even started to download it. (I am seeding since yesterday 19.00 CET)
The download size could not be an obstacle judging from the numbers downloading my 31.7 GB all-in-one 1.48.94.1020

This could indeed be part of the reason. This particular game is arguably more difficult to 'access' than The Sims 4 (which can be played on almost any supermarket-laptop). But hey, if it takes time to get noticed, then so be it. To the people seeding this thing, feel free to stay on 'standby' for any downloaders.

I, in turn, also noticed that Facebook are now banning almost all kinds of links to our Forum (even most URL shorteners). Another problem that will need to be addressed and dealt with, in due course.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 23 Dec 2018, 20:36

I might be wrong, but perhaps this game is not so known by the community, or maybe it does not have the same appeal (different theme)?

I am not a good reference, since I tend to stick to one game per time (usually Sims 3, Cities Skylines, Minecraft or Plants vs Zombies), mostly, but I am not normal...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Dec 2018, 21:07

Sim Architect wrote:I might be wrong, but perhaps this game is not so known by the community, or maybe it does not have the same appeal (different theme)?

I am not a good reference, since I tend to stick to one game per time (usually Sims 3, Cities Skylines, Minecraft or Plants vs Zombies), mostly, but I am not normal...

That is indeed also a possible aspect; it is thematically different than The Sims series. Either way, I'll give you (and everybody else reading this) a hint. There will be more changes coming up to this Forum, and chances are that people aren't going to like these much. What that will mean? People will notice, no worries.

But then, these are not the people I want to reach anyway, with projects such as "The Indie Corner" and possibly other things. Part of why I started the project was to explore new avenues, to have more fun, and yes...to try and reach an audience that cares. 

To paraphrase the words of an Administrator from a community-management site (I edited the comment slightly on the off-chance someone is trying to google the phrase; you'll get the gist of it nonetheless).

Unknown wrote:I'd rather have 10 people who genuinely care, than 100,000 one-time commenters.

And this is exactly the general "meta" that I am going to strive to, with regards to the actual Forum. That does not mean we will change what we do. Everybody who respects the Forum rules is welcome here, and the aspect of Support is still going to be relevant in the future as well. However, and as far as my own contributions to the Forums are concerned, there will be more changes coming up.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 25 Dec 2018, 16:14

Hi! I will try the game right now, LIVE!

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Dec 2018, 01:31

Sim Architect wrote:Hi! I will try the game right now, LIVE!

Congrats on beating Kunesch, though you still need to get to Talmberg, alive.  Haters gonna hate Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2018, 13:33

This looks sooooo interesting, but I fear my laptop is not up to it. I'd love to play it. have integrated graphics card which is not very good. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2018, 15:05

Disappointing to see that besides myself (I can't even play the game) there often are no other seeders (yes, sometimes 1).
Censored

Gatekeeper Edit: comment partially censored.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 26 Dec 2018, 16:30

Tarac wrote:(...)

I am the original seed (32 Mbps upload)... Can't do anything about other people.

I am also not keeping the computer on 24/7 because energy is quite expensive (you also live in the Netherlands, so you know it), sorry. I only did that for a couple of nights, now I seed everytime my machine is on.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Dec 2018, 21:38

I know of 3 people seeding the item (with @Tarac that would be 4), but over these Christmas Holidays maybe the number has taken a "dip". And from these 4 one of them is also running from a seedbox. In the meantime I have made...certain changes to the announcement above, arguably against my better judgment, but it could help as well in the initial phase until some other people pick up the slack. 

Tarac wrote:(...)

You are raising a good point (but probably not in the sense you were originally thinking). Just the other day someone posted some random comment about downloading Sims 4 CC and an ensuing misunderstanding with friends; I think it was here. The person then exclaimed in surprise that "nobody was commenting", after which I explained that times are changing, plus the G4TW Forum is not as strongly frequented anymore as it used to be. 

There can be various reasons; I know for example that quite a lot of people took offence at the fact that ~Ann~ requested the "founder account" from Forumotion. Some people may find the Forum Rules/moderation too strict. Others don't like the ads. And then again others may just be interested in free copies of an otherwise overpriced and overrated life simulation PC game. You have seen it as well; your own Forum is not as active anymore either, as it used to...?

I also think it has a bit to do with the fact that we are not sending out special newsletters anymore (are there people reading those, anyway?) and that Facebook have essentially reduced our "post reach" to near zero. Plus it's still Christmas Holidays in some quarters, so people may do other things than grabbing these DRM-free games.

People will eventually (have to) get used to the fact that content-wise there will be some 'modifications' on this platform here; I will address that shortly in a separate announcement.

//EDIT

Loonieloose wrote:This looks sooooo interesting, but I fear my laptop is not up to it. I'd love to play it. have integrated graphics card which is not very good. The INDIE Corner Season #1 Ep. #1 & Kingdom Come Deliverance OUT NOW!! Icon_sad

Ah, sorry to hear that. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  If it offers you some consolation the download is NOT going to 'run away', so should you at some point be able to play the game you can come back and grab it later then. 

I was also planning to release "smaller" (but equally fun) Indie games, that are easier accessible than Kingdom Come, in terms of system requirements. Stay tuned, if you like...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2018, 00:05

Recently found this game and was delighted when I found out it was uploaded on here but unfortunately I get nil seeders or download speed and the Availability bar in Utorrent is just all red. No idea what the problem is but other torrents on piratebay for the same thing are working just fine :l

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Dec 2018, 00:37

Tahlrana wrote:Recently found this game and was delighted when I found out it was uploaded on here but unfortunately I get nil seeders or download speed and the Availability bar in Utorrent is just all red. No idea what the problem is but other torrents on piratebay for the same thing are working just fine :l

I've put a direct download link on this item, if you want to give it a try. I apologize (sincerely), but this is a relatively new project, and interest is lower than I personally would have expected.

//EDIT

Regardless, I will keep going with the project. And most other games that I planned for the Indie Corner are a lot smaller in filesize and less demanding on hardware, than Kingdom Come.

//EDIT

I will also bump ~Ann~ about the possibility of G4TW operating one or more seedboxes on our own, instead of relying (exclusively) on human seeders. Stay tuned for the future, I guess...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top