Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Complete All-in-One installer outdated?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Complete All-in-One installer outdated? Empty Sims 3 Complete All-in-One installer outdated?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 19:10

I switched over to the new complete all-in-one installer for Sims 3 and found it won't run with some mods I was using with the individual installer version. Some Sims3Packs return an error of: "Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again." The launcher says everything is up to date, but the patcher tool from Mod the Sims is reporting that the following expansions are outdated:

The Sims™ 3 Outdoor Living Stuff    installed version: 7.0.55.010001    update version: 7.3.2.011031
The Sims™ 3 World Adventures    installed version: 2.0.86.002002    update version: 2.17.2.011032
The Sims™ 3 High-End Loft Stuff    installed version: 3.0.38.004001    update version: 3.13.1.011031
The Sims™ 3 Ambitions    installed version: 4.0.87.006001    update version: 4.10.1.011031
The Sims™ 3 Fast Lane Stuff    installed version: 5.0.44.008001    update version: 5.8.1.011031
The Sims™ 3 Late Night    installed version: 6.0.81.009001    update version: 6.5.1.011031

I tried running the patches for these packs but they all fail and say that the expansions necessary aren't installed. Not sure if that is due to the all-in-one installer or because the game isn't installed in the default location. Does anyone know of a way to work around this? Would the Ultimate fix get everything up to date? Or is going back to the original individual installer method the only option?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete All-in-One installer outdated? Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete All-in-One installer outdated?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Jul 2019, 19:34

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

If your launcher gives that error, it usually has nothing to do with the game (or any sub-components like DLC) being updated/not updated. What the error means is that the .sims3pack you are trying to install has not been "decrapified".

That means, you have to run .sims3pack files through a procedure to make them compatible with DRM-free (cracked) Sims 3 games, see this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t5933-how-to-decrapify-a-sims3pack-file-and-avoid-the-please-update-game-launcher-error

May I ask what type of .sims3pack content you are trying to install? Because as far as the store items from G4TW are concerned, they are decrapified by default already. But for example some Exchange items are not...

schnln wrote:I tried running the patches for these packs but they all fail and say that the expansions necessary aren't installed.

You mean those old patches, like the ones here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t19139-pre-generations-sims-3-patches

Yes, indeed, I think it's because these weird custom installers usually create a folder structure of their own, and differently from the original game.

That repack was done on the "advice" of a former guest contributor, who at the time was well-meaning, but he did not really look beyond the aspect of "easy-to-install". Yes, it is easy to install, but there are disadvantages too. 

On the other hand, I don't think it's a 100% necessity to install these older patches. They do fix a number of bugs, but yes. If all fails, you'll have to resort to grabbing the other collection with the individual installers. I got my TS3 stuff from the TS3 Complete collection-release from G4TW, the one with the individual installers. And I don't regret it, at all, even though it is admittedly more work to get it installed and working properly.

But again: your original problem almost certainly is not related at all to these patches. It's because of the .sims3pack items you try to install.

Good luck!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete All-in-One installer outdated? Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete All-in-One installer outdated?

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 19:57

The Sims3Pack was a house lot. But I'm also having trouble with manual mods, awesomemod for example. The game won't load with it installed. Same with a couple of skin colors, eyebrows, and hairs.

The patches I was referring to were from the Mod the Sims patcher. It scans for updates and then downloads and attempts to install them.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Jul 2019, 20:09

schnln wrote:The Sims3Pack was a house lot. But I'm also having trouble with manual mods, awesomemod for example. The game won't load with it installed. Same with a couple of skin colors, eyebrows, and hairs.

The patches I was referring to were from the Mod the Sims patcher. It scans for updates and then downloads and attempts to install them.

Can't really comment on the awesomemod, but as for the rest, are you positive you set up the mod-framework correctly? Refer to the guide here in case of doubts:
https://games4theworld.org/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files_Guide.pdf

As for the patcher, yes, those are the same that I packed manually on the Forums here.

And the house you downloaded...as said, try running it through the Decrapify-tool that I linked in my previous reply. If it still doesn't work, then I'm not sure what else can be done. You most likely will have to forget about that particular item, and grab something else.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Jul 2019, 20:50

Yep, everything is installed correctly. Half of my old package mods work and the other half cause infinite black screen if I try to install them. They worked on the old install but not the new one. Sadly, the decrapify didn't work on the house. Neither did unpacking it with the third party unpacker, just causes the infinite black screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top