Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YouTube Mixed Audience Content - Protect Yourself Against COPPA Fines Without "Made FOR Kids" Turned On

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - YouTube Mixed Audience Content - Protect Yourself Against COPPA Fines Without "Made FOR Kids" Turned On Empty YouTube Mixed Audience Content - Protect Yourself Against COPPA Fines Without "Made FOR Kids" Turned On

Post by Sim Architect Sat 04 Jan 2020, 02:08

Hi there! Almost half year, I finally uploaded a new video to my YouTube Channel (not sure how often I will do that, but still, I thought the matter justified working one entire day on it)!

If you watch my video above you'll understand what you can do to reduce the chances of being sued by the FTC without having to flag your mixed audience content (which is not focused on kids as their primary audience) as made FOR kids.

I really wish you like it and that you find the information useful. Enjoy!

Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. Piece of cake. 
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

ZLOrigin made easy - YouTube Mixed Audience Content - Protect Yourself Against COPPA Fines Without "Made FOR Kids" Turned On Empty Re: YouTube Mixed Audience Content - Protect Yourself Against COPPA Fines Without "Made FOR Kids" Turned On

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2020, 04:06

Sorry for the belated response,

That could be worth trying, yes. But here's a thing that not even law schools teach: the actual enforcement of rules and laws is always a political decision, by whoever is politically in charge at any given moment. It is absolutely conceivable - and happens quite frequently - that despite whatever is written on a piece of paper, or saved in digital law libraries, that political realities are different.

In other words: don't trust anybody to spare you - or in this case, your YouTube channel - if "push comes to shove". Even if you abide by all rules and regulations, you can be terminated for simply being politically un-wanted.

People will have to think twice now(adays), if it's worth putting the work into YouTube. I personally wouldn't.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top