Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save files, tray files - from G4TW to Legit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Save files, tray files - from G4TW to Legit? Empty Save files, tray files - from G4TW to Legit?

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2020, 10:39

Hey everyone,

I've been a longtime supporter of G4TW (thanks for working so hard for everyone!), but with the current sale and having started saving for the game, I've been thinking of buying the game legit - not sure yet if I'm going to be able to afford all because I believe it's around $500++, but at least base game + 3-4 packs, I think.

Either way, I was wondering if my current save and tray files would still work if I erased everything and got legit copies? Would it be as simple as dragging and dropping everything into the folders? Or is it likely that I will not be able to keep my saves but can use the tray files?

Thanks in advance Smile

Back to top Go down

Save files, tray files - from G4TW to Legit? Empty Re: Save files, tray files - from G4TW to Legit?

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2020, 13:04

Yes. It will work but do not use your save file you created with your cracked copy of the game.

Back to top Go down

Save files, tray files - from G4TW to Legit? Empty Re: Save files, tray files - from G4TW to Legit?

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2020, 13:05

Your tray items will be shown in the legit copy of the game as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2020, 15:16

Brian0 wrote:Yes. It will work but do not use your save file you created with your cracked copy of the game.
Okay, so cracked save will work with legit game, but not the other way around, correct? That's a relief, because I don't want to lose my legacy family and worlds.

And I guess I don't necessarily need to unintall my G4TW version? I like having all the packs with G4TW but I mean, no way am I paying money for things like My First Pet Stuff. I'll be leaving it out of my legit purchases.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Tue 28 Jan 2020, 16:50

cookiecat wrote:
Brian0 wrote:Yes. It will work but do not use your save file you created with your cracked copy of the game.
Okay, so cracked save will work with legit game, but not the other way around, correct? That's a relief, because I don't want to lose my legacy family and worlds.

And I guess I don't necessarily need to unintall my G4TW version? I like having all the packs with G4TW but I mean, no way am I paying money for things like My First Pet Stuff. I'll be leaving it out of my legit purchases.
First of all, Welcome to G4TW I tip my fedora. .  Your tray files will work; however remember that if you have used items from packs that you no longer have, they will be substituted or missing. ABout your saves, I will redirect your question to @The_gh0stm4n since I have not done this with The Sims 4, I did it with Sims 3 and it worked. Just to be on the safe side, back up your Save files Folder and give it a trial run with your legit copy/ again any items from packs you do not own will not work. Good job!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2020, 16:56

grieralexander wrote:
cookiecat wrote:

First of all, Welcome to G4TW I tip my fedora. .  Your tray files will work; however remember that if you have used items from packs that you no longer have, they will be substituted or missing. ABout your saves, I will redirect your question to @The_gh0stm4n since I have not done this with The Sims 4, I did it with Sims 3 and it worked. Just to be on the safe side, back up your Save files Folder and give it a trial run with your legit copy/ again any items from packs you do not own will not work. Good job!
Thank you! I've been a longtime lurker Smile  Thanks for letting me know. I have already backed up my mods, tray, and save files. I guess no harm in giving it a try and seeing. I'm ok with missing/replaced content, as long as my little Sim people can still go about their lives lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top