Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure where to put this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not sure where to put this. Empty Not sure where to put this.

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2020, 22:57

I have been recently wanting to own the Sims 4 so I could get the gallery stuff. I did buy the Base game for 5$ but for some reason it doesn't have online available which i found odd so I have two questions if im allowed to ask it here. 

1-which game do I need to buy to get online gallery stuff because I plan on just  copying the tray folder on the 2nd laptop I put the base game on while my main laptop has your versions (which now I know they are 430$ to own all the games, expansions, and stuff packs I really really am glad for you guys) which leads me to the other question

2-can I just copy the tray folder from the one laptop after I download the rooms and houses from the gallery onto my main laptop? 

Ps. is there really 31 games, expansions, and stuff packs? I counted what I wrote down but it seems like I don't have that many even though I have all from you guys. 

Again, I hope I put this in the right area, I wasn't sure where to put these two questions. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you guys can help me. Stay safe!!
Tessie

Back to top Go down

Not sure where to put this. Empty Re: Not sure where to put this.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 Apr 2020, 23:13

Hello @Tessie1201,

Basically you're right: on the computer where you have your Origin TS4 installed, you just take the "Tray"-folder, and copy-paste it to the corresponding location on the *other* computer, where you have your cracked TS4 installed. So Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

Not sure about the rest of your comment. You basically log in through Origin, start TS4 from your Origin-library, and when the game starts up and you get to the main menu, click in the top right icon where it says "Open the Gallery - F4". And yes, you can also press the F4-key to open the Gallery. Then use the tab "Gallery".

Your Origin-client has to be in "Online Mode" in order to access the Gallery. If you are having problems on that end and you use a VPN, then try turning off the VPN temporarily and try reconnecting. This information here about network adapter settings, although it's an older post, might also help.

Other than that connecting to the Gallery should be straightforward; feel free to clarify what exactly is happening on your end if you still can't make it work.

Also, yes. It's "31 games", though I would rather use the term "mini-DLCs" rather than games. The only way to keep an almost-6-year-old PC game alive, when you think that the average lifespan of a normal videogame is a year at most. If you want to upgrade your cracked TS4, then I'd suggest you use the new format here, that allows you to be selective about what you want to have installed:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-62-67-1020-tiny-living-stuff

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Apr 2020, 00:04

Not sure where to put this. 210

Top image is my gallery after hitting f4 and after selecting a house from the gallery on the Sims 4 gallery site to download and u can see its not there

Bottom is where the option to put ur game online should be but its not there and neither is the gallery object from the Sims 4 gallery site. Thats why I went and bought the first game because I wanted some items from the sims 4 gallery site but as you can see its not there nor is the option to go online. So do I need to buy another game that will have that and do you know which one? I have no option to download the gallery option like I do on my main laptop with all the games from you guys. So do I have to buy like seasons, or one of the newer ones?

Not sure where to put this. 94886910

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Apr 2020, 00:57

So ... I feel that we are either talking past each other, or you completely misunderstood something/somewhere. Because these pictures that you just showed me, are probably not from your Origin basegame of The Sims 4.
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/buy/pc

You don't need to buy "Seasons" or any of the other DLC. Just the basegame. And you also have to download/install the basegame through your Origin client. Then you have to login, into your Origin account (Origin ID + password). Then you have to go to Library => The Sims 4.

This is what it looks like on my end. Latest patch version 1.67.62.1020. If I press F4 on the main menu of the game I get the first picture.

Not sure where to put this. Czd8SRg

And as you can see my options menu also looks different from yours.

Not sure where to put this. G3BapBA

I un-installed my own Origin The Sims 4 basegame, otherwise I'd have taken a screenshot from there. But the above pictures should be the same in all versions of The Sims 4. If you really are starting your Origin basegame of The Sims 4, then try right-clicking on the game in your Origin library and choose "Repair game". After which you should try re-starting it, and then accessing the Gallery once more.

Sorry, I can't really explain it better. My guess is you probably applied a No-Origin fix (a.k.a. crack file) to your Origin basegame at some point in the past, and you are starting the Origin game without the Origin client. Why else does the options menu look so different on my end? As said, you can fix that by repairing your TS4 basegame in your Origin client - while logged in.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Apr 2020, 01:26

I downloaded it right from the origin client. I bought the digital deluxe version from the sims 4 site.  I open Origin, Select Sims 4, and hit play and it loads up.  Why isn't it looking like that than? Do I have to contact them do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Apr 2020, 01:29

Tessie1201 wrote:I downloaded it right from the origin client. I bought the digital deluxe version from the sims 4 site.  I open Origin, Select Sims 4, and hit play and it loads up.  Why isn't it looking like that than? Do I have to contact them do you think?

OK, well that is a mystery then! Maybe, we'll see.

If you right-click on the thumbnail of The Sims 4 in your Origin library, do you get an option that says "Update"?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Apr 2020, 01:40

Yes it says its up to date but I'll try again later. Should I try and repair it to maybe? I only bought it for the gallery stuff lol but I plan on letting my niece and nephews play it when they want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Apr 2020, 01:48

Tessie1201 wrote:Yes it says its up to date but I'll try again later. Should I try and repair it to maybe? I only bought it for the gallery stuff lol but I plan on letting my niece and nephews play it when they want to.

Yes, please try a repair of your game.

In the meantime I actually "re-installed" my Origin TS4, just to test what it looks like. No, I did not actually re-download it - just transferred my cracked TS4 over to the location where Origin saves its games, did a game repair in Origin and then started up. No problems with me accessing the Gallery.

Screenshot:

Not sure where to put this. Fh1tgPt

I thought maybe there was some maintenance on the TS4 Gallery which happens sometimes, but all seems fine on my end. Which leads me to believe something is wrong with the files on your end.

danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2020, 00:34

I"m thinking its because its an older laptop and its the legacy edition thats screwing up. I had uninstalled it to try and reinstall but with my net it was going to take another 9 hours again so I've decided to wait until I get my new laptop next week, put the base game on it, get the gallery stuff and than uninstall and put ur versions on my new laptop which leads to my question, 

where do I find the new link for the sims 4? U guys mentioned that you were gonna do an all in one from now on and I can't seem to find it. Although with how slow my internet is , it will probably take a week to download lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Apr 2020, 23:36

The All-In-One is done courtesy of Sim Architect, and is to be found here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35810-the-sims-4-all-in-one-global-patch-selectable-dlcs-version-1-62-67-1020-tiny-living-stuff

Only .torrent file and magnet. We have taken down the direct download because it proved to be too cumbersome to download as a whole, but we're trying to figure out alternative ways.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2020, 01:39

Thank you so much for trying to help, here's hoping my new laptop will run it fine lol or I have bought the game for no reason lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Apr 2020, 20:35

Tessie1201 wrote:Thank you so much for trying to help, here's hoping my new laptop will run it fine lol or I have bought the game for no reason lol

It would be easier if you just copied the folder "The Sims 4" from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games. And then paste it somewhere.

This is for preparation of your cracked TS4. Then you proceed with Global Patch + anadius's dlc-toggler + any DLCs you like. See this here again:

The thing with the All-In-One is, it's only available as a torrent, and you can bet that the torrent is being monitored by copyright holders. So you'd have to use a VPN, otherwise you'll get an ISP warning letter and risk your internet getting cancelled over "copyright violation" (= torrenting over your home internet connection).

The Global Patch and other stuff are also available as direct downloads, with which you can bypass the scenario I described before. So in other words, for direct downloads you do not need a VPN.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum