Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we all have to go buy a game to use this new simport feature?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will we all have to go buy a game to use this new simport feature? Empty Will we all have to go buy a game to use this new simport feature?

Post by Guest Sat 10 Mar 2012, 23:49

Or can Games4theworld rescue us from doing this? Suspect

Not that I mind having to go buy a copy of Sims fast lane for 15 bucks off amazon. I just wouldn't know how to go about installing it so it wouldn't mess with my downloaded games...ah well that is going to be another post!

Back to top Go down

Will we all have to go buy a game to use this new simport feature? Empty Re: Will we all have to go buy a game to use this new simport feature?

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 00:04

If you dont have 1 registered game on your thesims3.com account than buying 1 is the only option. i had to buy 1 myself just to be able to use it

Back to top Go down

Will we all have to go buy a game to use this new simport feature? Empty Re: Will we all have to go buy a game to use this new simport feature?

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 00:13

*\_SugaRBomB_/* wrote:If you dont have 1 registered game on your thesims3.com account than buying 1 is the only option. i had to buy 1 myself just to be able to use it

How would we go about the cracks/patches once we buy one? Can it be any Sims Game, like Fast Lane?

I figure you'd buy like, fast lane, uninstall the downloaded fast lane, re-install the new fast lane, register, then how do we go about the cracks?

Also, would I be able to update to the newest update?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 00:19

Buying the game, uninstalling the version you have now, install bought game

With the cracks you'll just be replacing the files that are in your LEGIT game, they will still work the same.

If by the newest update you mean 1.32 then no, since there is no updated fix for 1.32 as of yet. If you try to update... it will see the cracks AND that is where you'll see the "ERROR: INVALID FILE FOUND"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 00:45

Oh, I see. Well, every time I'm in the game it says I need the latest update. Will I need the latest update to use simport? And can I use a stuff pack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 00:50

WHen it says you need the latest update its refering to 1.32 and once EA decides to release an updated patch then Admin here will release an updated fix for it.

So yes you will need the latest update for simport but if you try to update youll just get an error.

You shouldnt have any problems using stuff packs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 01:00

*\_SugaRBomB_/* wrote:WHen it says you need the latest update its refering to 1.32 and once EA decides to release an updated patch then Admin here will release an updated fix for it.

So yes you will need the latest update for simport but if you try to update youll just get an error.

You shouldnt have any problems using stuff packs

So, if I can't use simport by buying a game, because of the update problem, what new features of the game can I use by buying a new game? I am a little confused, I saw Lady Eides post and saw some people saying they are able to use simport...or I thought I saw that...?(sorry to seem so dumb :newfag: )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 01:05

The posts you saw saying we could use the social features were posted BEFORE the 1.32 patch was released by EA.

Since then we havent been able to use them because we cant update until a new fix is released by G4TW.

You dont seem dumb for asking questions.... If you dont ask you wont know right Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 01:28

Thanks! Ohh, now I understand! So, buy a game, and then just wait for the fix. Smile

Ea is getting sneaky!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 01:30

LOL Yea they are but yea wait for a fix is the only answer right now

Glad i could help

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Mar 2012, 09:25

Hello,
They seem to be getting smart finally lol. I'm not too bothered that I can't use Simport but a lot of people would like to use that feature so yeah that's pretty smart of them to incorporate this into Showtime.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top