Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod Tutorials?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mod Tutorials? Empty Mod Tutorials?

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 03:58

Are there any good step by step tutorials on how to properly create mods. I'd like to learn how to read the Sims 3 code and possibly start creating full blown mods. I've seen some tutorials that don't really explain HOW to do it. Just show you pictures and say figure it out. Hmmm, not sure i'm explaining this properly... scratch

Back to top Go down

Mod Tutorials? Empty Re: Mod Tutorials?

Post by grieralexander Sun 11 Mar 2012, 04:30

Turnus, it would depend on what you wanted to mod in the first place. If you wanted to change instances during game play, scripting mods, etc. It would be wise to befriend a developer, someone that does good work. I spent sometime today chatting on Twallan's site and it is surprising all the info that goes back and forth between them, and the stuff that they manage to figure out within minutes. The Admin here is also a knowledgeable source.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 05:17

grieralexander wrote:Turnus, it would depend on what you wanted to mod in the first place. If you wanted to change instances during game play, scripting mods, etc. It would be wise to befriend a developer, someone that does good work. I spent sometime today chatting on Twallan's site and it is surprising all the info that goes back and forth between them, and the stuff that they manage to figure out within minutes. The Admin here is also a knowledgeable source.
I figure i want to start with things like custom careers, skill mods,other things like that, then one day branch out to customizing other aspects of gameplay to fit my wants.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Mar 2012, 09:13

Turnus wrote:
grieralexander wrote:Turnus, it would depend on what you wanted to mod in the first place. If you wanted to change instances during game play, scripting mods, etc. It would be wise to befriend a developer, someone that does good work. I spent sometime today chatting on Twallan's site and it is surprising all the info that goes back and forth between them, and the stuff that they manage to figure out within minutes. The Admin here is also a knowledgeable source.
I figure i want to start with things like custom careers, skill mods,other things like that, then one day branch out to customizing other aspects of gameplay to fit my wants.

Hello,
I've never looked at doing any of this myself, or create any objects even, because I'm happy with what's out there, but I think Twallan is a very good developer to start with. I seriously think they should hire him over at EA Very Happy Big fan of their work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)