Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 fail

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 fail Empty Sims 3 fail

Post by Guest Thu 15 Mar 2012, 18:13

Basically, I installed Sims 3 base game and every single expansion, had updated to 1.32, since I had the real Sims 3 I used the registration from that and all was working well. even the 'Unauthorized Copy' thing didn't come up as I used a real registration code.

Then, I tried to play it and it seemed to run rather slowly, had some strange white and black lines spazzing about around the screen and started crashing unexpectedly.

So I decided that I would uninstall everything (I mean EVERYTHING) and start all over again using less expansion packs and stuff packs as to use less memory.

So I uninstalled everything and removed it all from my computer (including the files for installation and whatnot) and downloaded and torrented them all again.

I now have all the expansion packs and stuff packs as well as the base game.

I followed the youtube video of how to install the base game (using Daemon Tools Lite) and it installed it fine. However, when I open the launcher, the 'Unauthorized Copy' thing DOES come up now and every time I try to install an expansion pack or stuff pack it tells me to update the game. I click OK and then it tells me that I can not update the game...

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

---EDIT---

It doesn't tell me to update now, it just tells me that to install the EP or SP I need the Sims 3 installed (which it is). However, it does not seem to realise that and does nothing.

Last edited by ABlueChimpanzee on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 18:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 fail Empty Re: Sims 3 fail

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:50

Hello,

When using just the G4TW base game, the unauthorized copy error is normal.
Have you tried updating manually? Don't use patch 1.33 yet, read this.
And don't forget the fix when you finish installing.

As for your initial problem, were you using any mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Mar 2012, 21:52

Hello,

Please download and apply the manual patch here (read VERY carefully!): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v132-fix-manual-patch-updated

After updating, you should have version 1.32. If yes, re-download and re-apply the latest version of our Ultimate Fix from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 15:35

Lady ElDi:

I was using mods from the G4TW links aand I had lots and lots of cc
i guess that was it

Admin:

Thanks for the links

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 18:49

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 20:33

After updating, you should have version 1.32. If yes, re-download and re-apply the latest version of our Ultimate Fix from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems[/quote]

Hello,
I'm new to this site and I would just like to say thank you so much for giving me the ability to play my favorite game on earth without having to spend the hefty amount it usually would cost to enjoy the game and it's expansions. I do have a question that is somewhat related to this article and I didn't think it needed a whole new post for the answer.
When you say to re-download and re-apply the latest version of the Ultimate Fix, does it mean that if I had already applied the latest version of the fix without the latest update, then I would have to remove the crack from step 13, that I already applied and re-apply it?
Sorry if I'm confusing but, Sims 3 fail 1577371209

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:09

awesomepossum wrote:After updating, you should have version 1.32. If yes, re-download and re-apply the latest version of our Ultimate Fix from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Hello,
I'm new to this site and I would just like to say thank you so much for giving me the ability to play my favorite game on earth without having to spend the hefty amount it usually would cost to enjoy the game and it's expansions. I do have a question that is somewhat related to this article and I didn't think it needed a whole new post for the answer.
When you say to re-download and re-apply the latest version of the Ultimate Fix, does it mean that if I had already applied the latest version of the fix without the latest update, then I would have to remove the crack from step 13, that I already applied and re-apply it?
Sorry if I'm confusing but, Sims 3 fail 1577371209[/quote]
Hello,

No, just re-download and re-apply the latest version of the Fix, just as described. No need to remove any files.
If you have any more questions, feel free (and please do) to open a new topic.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 07:52

wow that helped perfectly! thank you so much you guys are amazing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top