Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ain t seeding - You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding? Empty You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding?

Post by Admin Tue 14 Sep 2010, 15:27

Hi all,

Just sharing this with you.
I always thought that in uTorrent, when you change the maximum upload speed to "1", the download speed would get higher. Well, I can now  assure you that "You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding" actually does have a meaning. Like a month ago, I changed the upload speed to "0" (Unlimited), just to check it out. Guess what... my download speed seriously climbed from 18 kB/s to more than 2 MB/s (!). You should understand that I was stunned and like; You gotta be kidding me...

Well, now you all now; it's true: You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding! ;-)

Last edited by Admin on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 00:18; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

ain t seeding - You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding? Empty Re: You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding?

Post by Narong30 Tue 14 Sep 2010, 18:24

Admin wrote:Hi all,

I always thought that in uTorrent, when you put Upload -speed to "1", the Download -speed would get higher. Well, I know can assure you that "You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding" actually does have a meaning. Like a month ago, I put the Upload -speed to "0" (Unlimited), just to check it out. Guess what... my Download -speed seriously climbed from 18 KB/s to more than 2 MB/s (!). You should understand that I was stunned and like; You gotta be kidding me...

Well, now you all now; It's true: You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding! ;-)

Are you sure ?
Hurm... I'll try it. But hope it'll work like charm. I don't need the 2mb download, just enough with 140kb/s all the time. Hehe
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

ain t seeding - You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding? Empty Re: You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding?

Post by Admin Wed 15 Sep 2010, 13:05

Narong30 wrote:

I always thought that in uTorrent, when you put Upload -speed to "1", the Download -speed would get higher. Well, I know can assure you that "You 'aint seeding, you 'aint succeeding" actually does have a meaning. Like a month ago, I put the Upload -speed to "0" (Unlimited), just to check it out. Guess what... my Download -speed seriously climbed from 18 KB/s to more than 2 MB/s (!). You should understand that I was stunned and like; You gotta be kidding me...

Are you sure ?
Hurm... I'll try it. But hope it'll work like charm. I don't need the 2mb download, just enough with 140kb/s all the time. Hehe

Ah, you see, the 2 MB is with mý internet connection; of course, It'll be different for everyone. (Depends on what your Internet Speed is)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Fri 17 Sep 2010, 00:20

Admin wrote:
Narong30 wrote:

Are you sure ?

Ok, I already give a try to your suggestion , guest what . It's working....
Before i made the change , I was download the torrent below 10kb/s. But After I made the change, it's increase to 100Kb/s Smile heheh.

Ah, you see, the 2 MB is with mý internet connection; of course, It'll be different for everyone. (Depends on what your Internet Speed is)

Thanks,
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Myers Tue 21 Sep 2010, 17:45

LOL. Did you just find out about that? Knew it for a long time, lol.
Michael Myers
Michael Myers
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : Every Horror Survival Game

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Tue 21 Sep 2010, 21:17

Michael Myers wrote:LOL. Did you just find out about that? Knew it for a long time, lol.

Lol, I'm late at this part. But I'll be the first in other part later. Hehe Watchout M@M Smile
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Oct 2010, 14:42

admin do you serious? because I wanna try in my school computer.it speed only 0,1 until 3 kb/s,but with IDM it be 70.if I set upload speed to unlimited like you,will my download speed lost or can be 70?
you serious?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 20 Oct 2010, 16:08

adsuperjenius wrote:admin do you serious? because I wanna try in my school computer.it speed only 0,1 until 3 kb/s,but with IDM it be 70.if I set upload speed to unlimited like you,will my download speed lost or can be 70?
you serious?

Hi,

Yes, of course I'm serious - why would I lie, lol.
I was surprised too. But of course the speed will be different for everyone. If you already have a low internet speed, you shouldn't expect that it gets véry fast out of sudden. But school PC's usually have very high speeds. Are you able to Download on a school PC at all?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Oct 2010, 11:13

I confused with my school computer
with internet download manager it can be until 70kilobyte persecon
with uttorent only 0,1 until 3 kilobyte persecon
I try to download same torrent at my home and get 60 kilobyte persecon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Oct 2010, 12:01

adsuperjenius wrote:I confused with my school computer
with internet download manager it can be until 70kilobyte persecon
with uttorent only 0,1 until 3 kilobyte persecon
I try to download same torrent at my home and get 60 kilobyte persecon

Hello,

First of all, are they both .torrent? (Can IDM download .torrent files at all?)
And you may need to configure your uTorrent ánd (Very important) forward your ports! <<<== Which you can't do on a School PC.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2010, 05:56

how to forward ports?Ican;t do in school T_T

I use torrific for IDM.I mean like this
the slow download speed is can be this 2 happen
1.low internet connection
I try IDM to prove if my internet connection can be faster than that
2.Low upload speed from seeder
Itry to download same files at my home to prove that same torrent can be download with more speed than that

but IF I download from IDM,I can't resume because every I turn off the computer,the list of IDM download is lost/empty even the idm temporary downloaded file still in J drive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top